All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Going car shopping today!

mesk

Good luck, Dave! I did not get my first New, Never been owned before Vehicle until 6 years ago. Since my teens, always bought used as I a.) could not afford new and b.) prefer to let someone else take the depreciation hit on the cost.

Good luck, Dave! I did not get my first New, Never been owned before Vehicle until 6 years ago. Since my teens, always bought used as I a.) could not afford new and b.) prefer to let someone else take the depreciation hit on the cost.

Thank you my friend,needless to say I will be buying a GM car.

We got (or she got) a new Malibu last year and she loves it. I got a 2 year old car for myself because I hate that new car smell! LOL

@mesk: Your car will not have 0 miles on it. Use that to negotiate the price down. ;)

I bought a new car when I was 21. Mom went with me just incase I needed a co-signer. When it was all said and done, I drove off the lot with it, and it had 9 miles on it. What really sucked is mom divorced my dad so she could go date the guy who sold me the car. THEN he sold her a brand new car for $20,000 off the tag. His bosses found out, fired him. He moved in with her "till he got a new job". He started (or always had been) dealing drugs. Got arrested. Mom bailed him out. He said he'd pay her back, that was 10 years ago. They broke up, he threatned to have her killed (the drugs talking I'm sure). She moved out of her place in fear, was fined $1200 for contract breach from her rental office. Now she's unemployed, $1200 in debt from her apartment, $3000 in dept from her bailing, $8000 in debt because her car was repo'd after she moved out (she didn't tell anybody her new address because of fear of murder retaliation, so the GPS in the car led the repo guys to it, and they got it while she was at work!). Long story short, don't break up a 23-year marriage to date a black car dealer because he was sweet on ya and got you a car for $20 grand less than you should.