All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Maybe have the menu scroll similar to the way Maximus Arcade works when you select emulators. Displays 1 at a time so you can have a graphic picture for each menu item and when you scroll left or right it moves accordingly.

So for example:

BACK HOME EXIT

Would be just:

BACK

Scroll to the right and it would show the HOME option only ... Scroll to the right again and it would display EXIT only as well so you only see one at a time not all 3 at once.

Yeah i would like to see that too, even if its just a option so people can have it like this or like how it is now by default.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was just wondering if it waspossible to add such options in radio mode

I explain

Currently i have attract mode on and it works great, and when i whant to listen to some music, i go to jukebox and select a vizualisatiion, and then the attract mode doesn't interfer with jukebox

If i left vizualisation, attract mode go on

I like the way it work like this

I want to do the same thing with radios.

For now if i select a radio to listen, after 2 minutes, attract mode cut the radio

I know i can mute emulator sound to keep radio in background but i doesn't work with ALL emulators

Or pehaps an option to disable attract mode when listen to radios

Thanks

FEATURE REQUEST: VIEW PICKER

Because there are now many more view combinations, I thougth it would be very helpful to have a View Picker (Similar to the Theme Picker option) that will present either still or video snaps selectible for the available view combos and allow the user to click on the combo that is desired within the specific menu. This would cut down on time and end-user frustration considerably.

Agreed. The current system is kind of a bear since you have to go through the view mode list item by item until you land on the one you want. Sucks for you if you accidentally enable the full video BG and have an older rig. :)

Because of the large number of systems I have emulated, I Have scaled my number of games for each emulator down to 10 or less favorites. I still continue to collect games but GameEx doesn't access these games. This has improved the gaming experience for myself and friends greatly. Load times are lots faster and I can always add or subtract games from systems as I need too. I still would love to find a way to have Gameex list all the games that the systems I have but highlight the games that are actually available. I have tried maps files and map magician but nothing works.

I don't want to merge roms, so I would like to have GameEx list folders like it does in videos. My only solution now is to create a seperate emulator for each of the different rom types.

Would like

R:\Roms\Nintendo NES\Roms

USA

Japanese

ETC

ETC

This would help to reduce the number of systems listed in my system lists

• 1 month later...

NEW FEATURE REQUEST - This request is carried over from this thread

Currently I believe that the various emulator menus in GameEx display video snaps at random according to the configuration of the associated emulator. It seems that the videos displayed reflect the entire contents of the video snap directory, rather than strictly the game list for that emulator.

Essentially I'd like to request that the various emulator menus in GameEx menu display only videos actually appearing in the associated game lists (after filters and excluded roms are applied). I realize that this could potentially complicate issues for Non-MAME emulators in that it might require rebuilding game lists (similar to MAME) in order to determine what videos to display for the parent emulatormenu. If that turns out to be the case, I'd like to narrow this request to strictly apply to the MAME menus in GameEx.

Thanks for your consideration! :)

EDIT: Added the 'New Feature Request' flag

Edited by nullPointer

When you are scrolling thru the selections on the start page, you get snaps for Mame, last played, most played etc. You get nothing for emulated games. Could a feature be added that would put the snaps or videos for the different emulators in this box. GameEx would just have to look in a folder either in the theme or one we select, and cycle thru these images.

NEW FEATURE REQUEST - The ‘Create Snaps’ function allows users to generate snaps automatically or manually. If the user opts to create snaps manually, the ESC key is the default key in GameEx for taking a screenshot. The trouble is that this causes problems in a fair number of emulators in which ESC is also an action key within the emulator. Oftentimes you simply end up with a blank screen shot.

As near as I can tell this key is not configurable within GameEx.

Would it be possible to make the snapshot key configurable within GameEx? Even if full configuration is not an option, I think a different default key might be preferable.

Thanks as always! :D

EDIT: Added the 'New Feature Request' flag

Edited by nullPointer

NEW FEATURE REQUEST - Have GameEx look for and use a default foreground/background image within the theme's Media path and use in absence of specific system foreground/background images. At present, we have to create separate foreground/background images for each system emulated. For simpler themes, this can add significant bloat to the size of the theme when a default could be used instead.

This could possibly be put in as a user selectable option in Setup Wizard in either Display Properties as a global option, within Emulator Setup for each individual emulator, and/or be added in Theme Editor under Options which would override the Setup Wizard (Gameex.ini) settings which would give the theme author control of intended display.

[REQUEST]

We need to be able to change fonts, colors, and sizes for each emulator individually. Much much needed!!

Also GameEx needs real video stretching.

This is, like you say, MUCH MUCH needed!! I don't understand why this hasn't been implemented yet. We have the option for the 'Title Font', so why can't these settings be added for List, RSS Feed, Date, Time, Weather!

NEW FEATURE REQUEST - I’m a big fan of the [-VIRTUALDRIVE-] parameter and the great convenience it affords. This request is related to the observation seen here. Namely, it would be great if we could specify a SCSI flag as part of the [-VIRTUALDRIVE-] command. It seems that ePSXe will not recognize the standard Daemon Tools DT drive type as being valid, whereas the [-VIRTAULDRIVE-] command will only load to a DT virtual drive. It’s the only emulator I’m aware of with this stipulation, but it’s definitely noteworthy. OTOH, one could also simply use the -loadbin flag as part of their ePSXe command at which point the use of an external virtual drive is unnecessary, so do with that what you will. At the very least, perhaps the default ePSXe emulator command should be modified to reflect this in the Setup Wizard.

Having said that, I don’t know that many informed users are beating down the door to use ePSXe anymore, but it’s certainly one of the more popular PlayStation emulators (probably the most popular in terms of legacy).

As always, thanks for the great program, and even if this isn’t implemented, there are certainly workarounds available.

EDIT: Added the 'New Feature Request' flag which Draco seems to be using for new feature requests. If Draco's doing it it's probably a good idea. Revised my other recent requests to reflect this.

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to be able to show Song Titles and Artist Names with Headkaze's LCD/LED Plugin? I know it can show information for MAME game titles. but it would be great to be able to see what songs are playing on a LED Sign.

The counter for lists of games includes most recently played and the space between the two. Is is possible to change this so the counter starts at the actual list of games? (I know I can subtract 6 from the total to get the actual number of games, but it would be nice for those of us with a little OCD)

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I finally have my cab up and running, I'm finding that there is just one remaining hurdle in GameEx that is keeping me from completely loving it--though I am really close. ;)

To choose a game, I want players to simply [a] choose a system, then choose a game. This works now; but the trick is that I'd like to only list games that are Favorites. Unfortunately, the existing Favorites system doesn't quite work this way and using custom game maps (my current solution) is not very inconvenient.

To overcome these issues, I'd like to beg (politely, of course) for a new capability in CustomMenu.ini such that when displaying a Favorites menu, a name/value parameter can be provided to specify a list filter. For example, if I had a custom menu item defined like this...

Item_1=12,Atari 2600 ,0, 2600pic, system=atari 2600

...selecting this menu item at runtime would display the Favorites list with the atari 2600 system filter pre-applied. By extension, other filters could be applied as well such as year="1982" or category="platform".

I believe this single change would address all my issues with the Favorites system, as well as similar issues with the Favorites system that other users have expressed in this forum. It also shouldn't require any UI or wizard changes.

Thank you for considering this feature.

• 3 weeks later...

This is more of a request for the Setup Wizard.

I'm all about short cuts. Since the cutover to the Setup Wizard from the Advance Config, to change certain emulator items. Sometimes it's a pain when the Wizard is set to Advanced, to scroll with the next arrow 10-12 times until finally you reach the Emulator Selection screen. I'm requesting a shortcut icon on initial startup of the Wizard to go directly to the Emulator Selection setup screen. While we're at it, how about a shortcut to the MAME setup too.

post-5530-0-61670800-1333651743_thumb.pn

Hi Celly,

I thought I might throw out a workaround idea for this feature request. If you select the Custom Mode rather than the Advanced Mode in the setup wizard you can select only the screens you want to include in the navigation flow. So in my setup for instance I have Mame Settings, Emulator Selection, Emulator Settings, and Advance Emulator Settings checked off. (Remember to include both the Emulator Settings and the Advanced Emulator settings in these selections, otherwise the navigation flow will only include the Emulator Selection screen). Now that the Setup Wizard remembers your selections, those settings will persist between sessions. It’s basically (almost) like having customizable shortcuts to those sections (or any other section). If you need to adjust other settings you can go back to advanced mode (or better yet temporarily add the pertinent settings screens to your custom navigation flow), and your custom settings will still be there when you're done.

Just a thought. :)

NP thanks for the workaround! Ill try it out when i get home.

EDIT: Works, just a bit buggy. In custom it works but then when I do click the next arrow, it takes me back to the welcome screen and then to the first screen. Wierd. I'll just keep clickity-clickity-clickity. Thanks for the tip though.

• 3 weeks later...