All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if it would be possible to Add The Pinball Arcade (Steam game), as a sepearate system. Because what it is. its basically old Arcade pinball machines emulated/recoded on pc, and looks feels like the real machines.

I want to be able to customize the Steam game list. I want it to only show controller supported games.

I don't know how you would achieve that as Steam doesn't pass that data. You're probably better off using the shortcut method and making separate emulator lists. :-)

I don't know how you would achieve that as Steam doesn't pass that data. You're probably better off using the shortcut method and making separate emulator lists. :-)

There has to be tags since in Big Screen mode, you can select just "controller enabled games" and it shows what is supported from your library.

There has to be tags since in Big Screen mode, you can select just "controller enabled games" and it shows what is supported from your library.

Having a tag that is passed internally to their Big Screen mode and passing it via an API to where 3rd parties can utilize the data are not the same. If that data is not being passed via API, then the .lnk method Adultry mentioned is the best alternative until then, if ever.

• 1 month later...

It was not very wisely to put all this GE magic (the sorting options... by name, by manufacturer etc.) into the menue-bar. This can only by handy on a FullHD Setup. In EVERY other case, this is just annoying and cluttering important stuff. I have seen it on the birthday of my Girlfriend, where everyone played our Weecade and everyone did get lost from time to time in the huge navigating menue.

My advice would be, to put all this stuff, into the info page, when you select a game and NOT into the menue. Dont see anything usefull here in cluttering the menu with stuff, that is not important for navigating....worst thing is, that the most important buttons (back, home, exit) of the menue, are always the last in the order of the menue.... guys think about this.

and why the hack we need a manufacturer AND developer field??? this is something that I dont like the most (this makes the menue bar sooo huge :( ), of the otherwise nice GE magic.

Clearly, it would be the best, if Tom would put all of this stuff into the info field, where it belongs IMHO. GE magic is not suitable for 4:3 Displays or Arcade-Cabs, I prefer map-files in that case... sad but true.

• 4 weeks later...

Tom my only last request for existing GameEx is an option to remove Title option (that shows title images) from showing up on the Game Info screen. This is really the only thing that I don't want to be seen.

Hopefully this isn't to hard to add to the setup wizard as this would be awesome if each system could have that option so some systems can have it if you want it or not. If not then totally removing it would be ok also. This would make my GameroomEX theme complete!

Thanks man! really looking forward to EVO.

Enhancement Request (for Evo): Split Date and Time into separate elements for theme creation. Presently combined as same element in GameEx. Also allow for better control of Date formatting (regional, Month Day Year, mm/dd/yyyy, m/d/yy, dd/mm/yyyy, and other formats)

Feature Request (for Evo): Add Location element to Weather app. Since location can be set for Weather, apply data to display City, State/Country with Weather similar to weather widgets on smartphones.

Palmary-Weather-Premium-for-Android-scre

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On this screenshot, you see what happen, if you press the Help / GameEx Logo button. The text has some bad formatting in the last view lines, so it doesnt fit into my list field properly. I think it is hardcoded, but it would be nice if Tom could change the formatting for the last lines for a perfect match. I dont think that this is to hard, to accomplish this and Tom would be doing a nice favor for me.

post-9755-0-08781800-1403267182_thumb.jp

It would be nice to see a better formatted text.... thanks in advance.

That screen is an overlay, and is not in any way dependent on the layout below it.

If he were to do something with it, maybe put it in a popup like the descriptions are, idk.

• 1 month later...

I would be interested in seeing achievements if possible intergrated in gameex....i think that would be cool.....i know the retro achievements emulator is out but im talking one on the actual frontend

I think it is possible to get Win 8 Apps to show up using shortcuts with the help of Stardock's Modern Mix program. I haven't tested this out within GameEx yet but I have managed to create Shortcuts of Win 8 Apps and Games on my Desktop and drag them into folders as well and yes they will launch as well from those locations so leads me to believe using Modern Mix that it is possible.

• Like 1

Terrible time to make a suggestion, I know!!!!

However, having just found "OK Google, tell me how to get off me fat a**e and get to the gym" speechy thingy on android, started the mind cogs crunching again....

How about speech recognition in gameex? Specifically what I'm thinking about is the Search facility - so rather than type out stuff, you just say it.

There's even some open source stuff available:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_speech_recognition_software#Open_source_acoustic_models_and_speech_corpus

I have absolutely no idea how hard or easy this would be to integrate, so if the former, please invite me to eat my own hat... If the latter, I'll supply the beer.

• Like 1

I have absolutely no idea how hard or easy this would be to integrate, so if the former, please invite me to eat my own hat... If the latter, I'll supply the beer.

It's noteworthy that the beer may in fact be the factor that makes voice recognition more difficult ... although ... it could certainly provide the necessary conditions for a good test of edge cases ...

(Sorry to derail; I couldn't help but to think of this clip. Great idea Stigz! :))

• Like 2

lol @ null - never seen that episode ^_^ but yes it's a great idea Stigz! Searching can be a bit cumbersome with a pad/stick. However i guess it depends how far you take the whole voice command thing. I picture this: "GameEx, Load Street Fighter 2" *CPU explodes as it tries to load 18,000 diff versions of SF2* :D

Request:

More control over the MAME menu. I'd like to see some way of organizing the MAME menu similar to that of Custom Menus. It's great to be able make custom MAME lists, however not so great that they all get added to the default MAME menu. I'd like some control over this so we could perhaps create submenus for our custom lists, or even just manually re-order them.

Thanks! That is all :)

• Like 2

Thats what i didnt like the most with custom lists, that you cant sort the MAME menu and custom lists always appear at bottom. On the other side any MAME UI is not doing it better with custom list ;) . I guess there is no submenue because it could take a long way to fire up a game.

• 2 weeks later...

ICONS IN GAMELIST LIKE IN MAME LIST ?

I wonder if it is possible to add this feature :

I have a lot of PC Games which are .lnk "roms" displayed in the game list

I don't have screenshots or movie for all of the games and i wonder if it is possible to display the icon of the .lnk file, to have a preview of what the game is.

It could be just a small icon like in the Mame Game List or the icon could be displayed instead of the screenshot/movie if gameex doesn't find a suitable one

Do you think it's possible to add such a feature??

P.S : I'm not sure ,but GameEx Arcade is using this to display snapshot or not ?

Thanks

FEATURE REQUEST - Create integrated EA Origin support (same as Steam) if API exists to support such integration.

I've been thinking this would be super cool as well. If we're going that far I'd also love to see the same sort of integration with UbiSoft Uplay (I actually have quite a few more games on Uplay than on Origin). Further ... if GOG manages to release their integrated games client (Galaxy), that would just be some fantastic additional icing on an already very tasty cake.

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST - If at all possible, modify integrated Steam support to suppress additional text and only the game name. At present, when Steam is running sales for certain titles, that information comes over as part of the game name. In many cases, you cannot see even part of the name if the theme List item is not wide enough.

• Like 1