All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: 

Add additional entries to Theme.ini file to allow for:

- Change size of Title Text

- Change color of Title Text using HTML code or verbose color entries

- Change color of Menu Text

1 minute ago, Draco1962 said:

ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: 

Add additional entries to Theme.ini file to allow for:

- Change size of Title Text

- Change color of Title Text using HTML code or verbose color entries

- Change color of Menu Text

Once ive finished with multi platform there will be new skinning features. internally known as V6 themes. I have a lot in my head right now but its going to be incredibly versatile and extensable\

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Enhancement request to Setup tools:

As someone who just got bit by needing LAV Filters installed (and not really knowing anything about LAV Filters), it'd be helpful to just include them as part of the installation process. Understanding that there may be licensing restrictions that would prevent this, if the setup tool had a way to show, under the Video settings, a sample video that says "You should see a video here. If not, go install the filters found here..." that would help folks who aren't aware additional installs are needed to make the product work.

See this discussion for additional details: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have a couple of GameEx Arcade Edition feature requests here that I think would aid navigation in the menus:

1) When navigating the games list in GameEx Arcade Edition, I find that it's easy to accidentally press left and right on the joystick and have the selected game jump to something I had not intended. Is there a way to allow only up and down inputs (no left/right) while navigating the games list, but to allow up, down, left, and right inputs in the "Search Games" menu?  I saw something about a setting called "Cab Control Friendly" that looks like it might address this to some degree, but when I run the setupwizard for GameEx Arcade edition, I can't see the option listed under the Input section, and when manually editing the gameex.ini file to set CabControlFriendly=True it doesn't do anything.  Maybe just including an option like "Prevent left/right joystick input while navigating game lists" would do the trick.

2) In the Search Games menu of GameEx Arcade Edition, could you please make it possible to type the letters into the text field via keyboard, rather than being limited to only highlighting letters on the on-screen keyboard and entering them very slowly with the joystick?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

DESCRIPTION FIELD ENHANCEMENT REQUEST: 

Please Tom, if possible change the priority order, of how the description field handles showing data.
Currently the "rating stars" shows off, at the end of a game description. It would be way better, to show them first, because then they would always show off at the same place/location in a theme. Currently they appear depending on how long the description of a game is. Therefore it is unpredictable, where they will be seen in a theme, also this change would not harm any existing themes and would have the following benefits:

• Future themes, could build nice things, dedicated to "rating stars"
  • Low Res themes would hugely benefit, because they could show off only the "rating stars" and saving    screen space, while still having something important of the description field.

Also the description field has the highest priority in the layers of a theme (i.e. it is higher then the foreground layer). IMHO, this is wrong or not useful in the theme creation process, for the following reasons:

- There is no option in the theme editor for customizing ANYTHING for the description field, except the size.

- If the foreground layer would be the highest layer (like it should), then we could change:

• the borders of the description field
  • the color of the text from a description field, even including color fades for some shading.

Please think about this :) , best wishes u-man

• 2 weeks later...

Enhancement request to lay out:

ICONS:

as far as thing stands, only MAME games can display their icon while the other possible emulators have no options to show ICONS.

the problem is that in mixed lists (like favourites, last played or merged list  that show mame games together with other emulators) you will see a list of games with icons and other without icons. this isn't that very good looking and I suggest it would be helpful to enable an option to have icons too for other emulators. 

emulators like Model2, Model3, Atomiswave, Demul and Daphne share the same Mame Icon DB name set.

the presence and absence of the icons throws out the alignment of the list itself.

I do think that an option like that give back a good looking list.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Torkyo said:

Enhancement request to lay out:

ICONS:

as far as thing stands, only MAME games can display their icon while the other possible emulators have no options to show ICONS.

the problem is that in mixed lists (like favourites, last played or merged list  that show mame games together with other emulators) you will see a list of games with icons and other without icons. this isn't that very good looking and I suggest it would be helpful to enable an option to have icons too for other emulators. 

emulators like Model2, Model3, Atomiswave, Demul and Daphne share the same Mame Icon DB name set.

the presence and absence of the icons throws out the alignment of the list itself.

I do think that an option like that give back a good looking list.

Thanks

Can you provide an example of what you are seeing? 

22 minutes ago, Torkyo said:

I'm using last version of Game Ex standard version.

thanks

img.png

Thanks! I think that yours may be a duplicate to a request that I and others submitted long ago when the MAME icons display functionality were first made available.

About ICONS, I got another strange behaviour to tell:

Even if I delete the folder of ICONS, checking lists like last played, icons are still displayed on mame games.

Another strange behaviour is that, opening  Gameex and and going in Mame game list (with ICONS switched off, deleting the icons directory) you will see correctly the list without icons. as soon as you load and run a game, as far as you come back in the same game list, you will find some random icons associated to random games!

I can guess there is some problem with cache files in gameex.

3 hours ago, Torkyo said:

About ICONS, I got another strange behaviour to tell:

Even if I delete the folder of ICONS, checking lists like last played, icons are still displayed on mame games.

Another strange behaviour is that, opening  Gameex and and going in Mame game list (with ICONS switched off, deleting the icons directory) you will see correctly the list without icons. as soon as you load and run a game, as far as you come back in the same game list, you will find some random icons associated to random games!

I can guess there is some problem with cache files in gameex.

I do not have them enabled in regular GameEx, however. I almost exclusively use the GameEx Arcade Edition now with video backgrounds and game logos for the "wheel" display.

• 2 months later...

FEATURE REQUEST: Official Skinning capability -  to enable/disable elements from Menu screens in Arcade Edition.  For some users, between Title display, publisher, logo animations, and video snaps, the menu pages appear inconsistent or cluttered. 

Being able to place or enable/disable elements, such as video or still snaps would be ideal. If nothing else, knowing where within the theme.ini or gameex.ini files one can add an entry to enable/disable these features would go a long way towards being able to skin further.