All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I'd like to see more than 1 emulator option for each system. Say something similar to Daphne where you Enable/Disable Emulators. For Example. I currently have 3 different PSX emulators set up, all pointing at the same games. Reason being compatibility/speed of course. Xebra being the favorite, followed by ePSXe, then pSX. So instead of having 3 separate emulator entries for these 3 emulators, just have 1 Playstation emulator include all 3 Emulators, so when you go to the game info page on GameEx, instead of just saying "Play Game" it would say something like "Play Game on Xebra", "Play Game on ePSXe", "Play Game on pSX", then the usual stuff.

It would probably need a bit of reworking on the setup wizard and whatnot but I don't really know how hard it can be.

I would do them like this:

Emulator 1: Enabled (Always enabled, duh)

Emulator 1 Name: <here you'd type the name of the emulator so it shows up neatly in GameEx when running>

Emulator 1 Launch Before:

Emulator 1 Also Launch:

Emulator 1 Command Line:

Emulator 1 Launch After:

Emulator 2: <Enabled/Disabled>

etc etc..

I think at least 3 options would be sweet. Although I bet someone will then request the addition of more later on. :P

So ideally, there would be only 1 entry per system/console/handheld.

With the exception of telling you what emulator is being loaded for the game, using Emulator Groups does this for you.

Drago1962

I think he understands that. His issue I believe, is he doesn't want to have 3 or 4 setups per system. One for each different emulator.

I know you meant to hit the "C" instead of the "G" in spelling my name, right? ;)

I re-read his explanation and do not see this as possible without more extensive reworking of the Setup Wizard and GameEx as well. I offered a partial solution that would have all the Playstation emulators under one grouping.

That is not to say that it might not be possible to meet closer to "half-way" by having GameEx display the emulator name as a selectable option under each emulator group so that it may display in the game info next to the Play Game option.

Naw, I was just testing you to see if you read my post. Actually, when you work all day and play games all night. You tend to not be able to see or type.

I like your idea about having GameEx display the emulator name as a selectable option under each emulator group so that it may display in the game info next to the Play Game option.

Would also like you to be able to select the rom set also. ( See my post above)

Starbuck

The Emulators Group is an ok workaround, but it basically would require the user to manually filter out which games we'd like to use with X emulator. So if emulators are updated and stuff gets fixed/broken, you'd basically have to keep moving the games around so they all work to your preference.

By just having one entry for a system and be able to set up multiple emulators for it, you'd just have a single list of games but with the added option to select which of your configured emulators to play it on. I know it would probably require a big reworking of the setup wizard and gameex as a whole, especially since there seems to be a lot of pre-configured stuff already, but if you really think about it, it even makes more sense to be built that way. Instead of having a lot of configs for multiple emulators, you could potentially have just 1 for each system and already preconfigured for all known emulators. Would be just a matter of selecting "Enable/Disable" and adjusting the paths/options accordingly.

Anyway, just thought I'd shoot it out here just in case the author is ever bored, lol. :D

I do like this idea, but I have no idea what would need to go into this. It would be a cool little addition.

As I am incorporating a number of widescreen games into my cabinet, I'd like the video snaps preview window have the ability to preserve aspect ratio, while maximizing the size of the video within that window. This means black bars for any widescreen or taller than 4:3 video footage.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to request that the Selector bar animations have a theme selectable style for the animation. Currently, the animation moves from frame 1 to 15, back down to 1, repeat. I would like the option to have the animation more of a one-way animation, such as 1 to 15, 1 to 15, repeat...

I would like to make a feature request to have the LIST view behind the Foreground image, or at least selectable in the theme.ini to be so.

+1 for this request as well as adding Scroller, Menu and any other text items that currently overlay the foreground layer. It would be nice if Theme Editor and GameEx could work together to allow for a true 3-tiered layer of all display elements so that text, lists, and vids could be selected to run between foreground and background layers.

• 4 weeks later...

Draco suggested I put this here...

Would it be possible to get a faster scrolling news ticker for the v4 themes? Maybe a speed selection option so people who like it the way it is can keep it that way. I just think it's way too slow to be able to read effectivly. When the new version of GameEx came out, it took almost 2 minutes to finish scrolling through it all!

I just booted up GameeEx and it appears that the scroller (and refresh of the selector bars) are too fast. I have a 22" monitor and I am unable read the scroll because of the speed. It may not be as much of an issue for larger television displays but I can see an issue with smaller sets and PC monitors. If there was an external setting through Setup Wizard to select scroll speeds: Slow - Normal - Fast would be extremely helpful.

For the Download Service Utility, could we get some form of status indicator on screen when it's working? For a first time user, it appeared the program had just froze and wasn't doing anything at all. See thread:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=10173

it does.there are 2 bars that fill in green as it searches and downloads

it does.there are 2 bars that fill in green as it searches and downloads

Yeah I see that now. It's wierd that it didn't do it for me last night. I wonder if perhaps the program doesn't work with free accounts, like Circo suggested. Either that, or maybe it was because my account wasn't fully activated? In either case, it DOES seem to work better now.

Here's one I don't think has even crossed the minds of the powers that be:

Setup Wizard.... Separate the Snap/Video path for emulators into Snap Path and Video Path

This would be great with the Download Service Utility through EmuMovies. That way you don't have to combine the snaps/videos together so you have a working video and static image for GX Live, etc. Kinda surprised it's never been mentioned before.

Setup Wizard.... Separate the Snap/Video path for emulators into Snap Path and Video Path

This would be great with the Download Service Utility through EmuMovies. That way you don't have to combine the snaps/videos together so you have a working video and static image for GX Live, etc. Kinda surprised it's never been mentioned before.

this had also been mentioned before,once by myself! I forget the reason it hasnt happened,but I remember it making sense once I heard it ;)

I would definitely second the suggestion of separate snap and video directories in GameEx.

Having said that, if you're primarily concerned about the Download Service Utility working in a seamless fashion you could use a symbolic link for either your snaps or videos directory (depending on your version of windows). That way the download service will automatically combine your videos and snaps in such a way as to be GameEx friendly. This was a great suggestion that fRequEnCy proposed a while back.

I would definitely second the suggestion of separate snap and video directories in GameEx.

Having said that, if you're primarily concerned about the Download Service Utility working in a seamless fashion you could use a symbolic link for either your snaps or videos directory (depending on your version of windows). That way the download service will automatically combine your videos and snaps in such a way as to be GameEx friendly. This was a great suggestion that fRequEnCy proposed a while back.

I don't have a problem with the program. I was merely suggesting having them separated out, so you can have one, or the other, or both, and have GameEx appropriately recognize them without having to merge the 2 folders together.

If I understand what Nullpointer is suggesting, by using a symbolic link, you can keep them in separate directories (I believe that Windows 7 calls these "Libraries" but I may be wrong). Not sure how that all works.

Me either. I'd imagine this functionality will be available sooner rather than later, so I'll just keep my files seperated and a folder with both until the time comes. HDD space isn't at a premium on my machine anyways. :)

Me either. I'd imagine this functionality will be available sooner rather than later, so I'll just keep my files seperated and a folder with both until the time comes. HDD space isn't at a premium on my machine anyways. :)

It is on mine, read my reply on the Taito Type X thread!

I do not think this "feature" is enabled yet, but I think it would be a good build on GameEx. I currently have my emulators installed by the GameEx setup wizard. While on the setup wizard it states the emulator version available for download is, it does not give what version is currently installed. It would be nice to have more of an iOS update feature that would detect out of date emulators and give you the option to upgrade (and of course keep all my settings).

This might be impossible to implement due to the large amount of variance between emulators, but if the data is already there for the current version, it may not be too much effort.

At any rate - keep up the good work - love the product.

Welcome to the forums! One caveat that comes immediately to mind is with MAME where, even between "u" versions as of late there can be some big enough differences to make one's current set out-of-date and some games cease to show or function correctly. An auto-update for MAME and similar emulators would not be something I consider and could be disaster for someone with less experience to sort, IMHO.

For the emulators added manually there is an option under configuration for "Controls Path" to display the image of the control panel just before starting the game. I understand that MAME is controlled by the CP Wizard but I want to just have an image displayed instead of the hit and miss that I get using the CP Wizard. Same for Daphne, I don't see an area for Controls Path in either of them analogous to the settings in the standard emulators. If someone can tell me how to get my image fired up just before the emulator runs and keep it up for a few seconds I would be much appreciative!

EDITED BY: Adultery ... Merged from main forum.