All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

If the pros want to help me with it I am up for it.

I noticed yesterday that UbiSoft UPlay uses a URL system similar to the ones assigned by Steam. I wonder if they have an API as well for devs?

If the pros want to help me with it I am up for it.

What would be required? Is it something that could be done through a plug-in? I'll be glad to help test, programming, however, not so much.

FEATURE REQUEST: integrated support for xbox 360 controllers for navagation and utilize the "Guide" button in the middle of the controller to bring up Move lists/ in game menu or whatever. Just make use of that damn button lol. There's only 1 program on my PC that even aknowledges that is a button and uses it and I don't even remember which program it is. :P

Much appreciated!

FEATURE REQUEST: integrated support for xbox 360 controllers for navagation and utilize the "Guide" button in the middle of the controller to bring up Move lists/ in game menu or whatever. Just make use of that damn button lol. There's only 1 program on my PC that even aknowledges that is a button and uses it and I don't even remember which program it is. :P

Much appreciated!

Isn't that programmable via Xpadder in the current version? I know it is via Pinnacle Game Profiler. When it comes to controllers, more likely to get the functionality to work via one of these than through the frontend (a little outside of the scope of what to expect from an FE).

• Like 1

Isn't that programmable via Xpadder in the current version? I know it is via Pinnacle Game Profiler. When it comes to controllers, more likely to get the functionality to work via one of these than through the frontend (a little outside of the scope of what to expect from an FE).

GameEx lets me choose what button is the back button and the enter button for my 360 controller, not exactly sure why something similar can't be done with the home button(Although I know jack S**T about anything). Some native support would be nice. For example PPSSPP automatically configures controls for 360 controllers but you can also alter them at your discretion. But if it doesn't get implemented then I'll have something to fall back on at least.

I would love to get a full equalizer across the bottom separated from the audio controls. Maybe something like this video but I highly doubt anything near as drastic as Adobe After Effects.

Even a larger equalizer display would be excellent but I figured I'd shoot for the top first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq0EKgpUzvo

I would like separate ROM folders as per this post.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/15074-multiple-rom-folders/#entry130205

I know some alternative suggestions have been made, but I feel it would be much more slick if you could have different region folders (maybe with flag images to show up when highlighted) As well as options for hacks, fan translations e.t.c.

I believe this would look better in the Emulated systems list than 5 or 6 console lists each linking to separate ROM folders. If not in GameEx then maybe in Evolution. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Features Request:

Would it be possible to add the controller's unique identifier to the "joystick input" section of the "Input settings" page in the wizard, such that GE can detect which controller's [button 1] was pressed and use it when mapping UI functions? I would also like to be able to add multiple Global Exits here as well, to set separate global exits for each controller. I would like to be able to set a delay time that you must hold the combo before exiting too.

Basically I want to be able to set the controls for the GameEX interface using multiple controllers. Since GE doesn’t currently see their unique identifier it doesn’t know which controller pressed button 1. For example. I set up my mappings in GE to be able to navigate with a Dualshock controller pluged in via usb. Select = X [joy Button 1] and Back = O [joy button 2]. But when I went to map a N64 controller A [joy button 2] is already set in GE as Back (when I want it to be Select). Unless I can Manually reassign button mappings for input devices in windows, these controllers need to be identified when mapping to GE fucntions.

I know that you can map controls to keyboard functions and then set the combo wanted for each emulator using the “GameEX Advanced Config Editor”. However it is a keyboard mapping tool to map joystick functions to keyboard functions, like x-padder does, after an emulator starts. This would work for unique exit combos, but not for navigating within GameEX itself. Plus it is not as intuitive as would be the options in the Input settings page of the wizard.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of settings profiles in Evo? That is, different profiles in setup wizard e.g. "quick boot" "full" "testing"

I often have different settings for setting up and testing my rig as opposed to the 'front of house' settings with all the bells and whistles...

Any chance of settings profiles in Evo? That is, different profiles in setup wizard e.g. "quick boot" "full" "testing"

I often have different settings for setting up and testing my rig as opposed to the 'front of house' settings with all the bells and whistles...

I know that Tom has said that setting up separate user profiles would be integrated in Evo (Can't find the post but it was recent). You can do similar now in GameEx using the login.exe (default loc c:\gameex\ ) program to setup multiple user configs.

When browsing games in MAME using the integrated system, I would really appreciate the actual name of the set being listed somewhere before launching said game :)

You can use the "No bracketed Text" option so it will tell you which set you are using in brackets ie Street Fighter 2 (Rev B, V.72.1 USA), unless you meant the rom name which is also a feature i would like too as i usually have to boot RomCenter or look online to find out which rom is which. So +1 if that's what you mean.

• Like 1

Yes, rom name = set name :)

I'm not exactly sure the cleanest way it could be implemented.

I think a nice clean method would be to have it on the Info page at the top of game description. Using Blazing Star as an example something like:

Play this game

Marquee

Flyer

Title

Add to Favorites

Romset: blazstar

A beautiful vertically scrolling shoot'em up.

Recommended games:

etc etc

I hesitate to claim that something should be easy as i'm not a coder, but the info is right there in the database :) Of course that won't help the users that turn the info page off in settings, but i suspect them types of users care more about just playing than worrying about which romset they're launching/looking at.

• Like 1

FEATURE REQUEST/IDEA

I've had this idea floating around in my head and I've been thinking about how sweet it would be if you could make your own "Channels", sort of like a video playlist but more complex. Say for instance you'd like to recreate the old Cartoon Network channel and you have all of your cartoons shuffled through with a few commercials from the 90s in between. Of course you'd have to have all the video files for all that.

Settings would have ability to choose your movie/show directory, as well as your directory for your commercials/ads and how many commercials it would play in between shows/movies. If its even possible to "inject" commercials into a movie. Pause the movie and play over it with the commercial video then resume the movie/show once its done.

I'm not too sure how hard this would be to pull off, but there's a lot of potential in making something new like this (afaik nobody has done this before) I'd call it a (Retro) Channel Simulator. You could also do stuff like make channels with nothing but cheezie old B movies and old goofy commercials/prevues. Endless possibilities I tell ya!

You have a front end for Virtual Consoles and Virtual Pinball, why not Virtual TV Channels? Would make the multimedia side of GameEx a bit more interesting.

I'd recreate the old Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon and make my own custom channels. :P

1) Is there a possibility to integrate something like a "GoodMiss.txt" into GameEx?

GameEx uses Databases and scans the rom directory. It would be nice if you could see somehow, which games are missing from the Database

2) GameFaqs

I recently thought about this (and tried a workaround with the launch before command, which works.). It would be nice, if you could do a automated search in GameFaqs from the "Play Game" menu (and it would be really cool, if you could open it in the GameExtender Screen. I'm using my tablet pc as a second monitor and I always could have the Faq open when playing a game). As of now, I'm using the launch before command to achieve this.

3) Test Option in SetupWizard

It would be nice if you had a "test" button in the emulator configuration. Some Systems (especially home computers with MESS) are hard to set up and need a lot of testing. The whole process is slowed down because I have to fire up GameEx in order to test it.

• Like 1