All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

It's PC Moving Day at Casa de Draco

Draco1962

My availability today will be spotty at best. With kids having moved back into the house over the last year, we had to move the desks and stuff into the master bedroom. Now that one of them has moved out, it is now time to reclaim some space and setup our home office/man corner once again. That means moving routers, modem, desks and PCs, etc. The end result is MORE SPACE and better organization. YAY!

Another plus is that my daughter is letting me use her WS LCD so I will have the means to better test my HTPC themes in Hi-Def! BONUS!

Sounds like fun. I've spent the day so far cleaning up my room, downloading EmuMovies, watching Season 3 of Dragonball Z, and monitoring the GX forums. I'm doing this all at the same time too. Whatever happened to relaxing on the weekend? HEH.

I am back - well, sorta. Still setting things up and will be at least several days before I get all arranged as I prefer. I was originally setup between two PC carts and still am. Since I wanted one contiguous desk and keyboard surface and cannot afford to purchase a new mega-desk, I placed the carts side-by-side. I had purchased several finished 6' x 1' shelves from Lowes and some adhesive backed velcro strips. I placed the strips on the top surfaces of the desk, aligned the shelves on the top. I did the same between the keyboard trays - creating one 6' x 1' keyboard tray. This will give me some additional desktop surface, room to set down controllers, etc. So for a purchase price of about $60 I have a "new" desk!

Now to purchase the 25' HDMI cable I found on Amazon for around $15.. YEAH, BABY!!!

I am back - well, sorta. Still setting things up and will be at least several days before I get all arranged as I prefer. I was originally setup between two PC carts and still am. Since I wanted one contiguous desk and keyboard surface and cannot afford to purchase a new mega-desk, I placed the carts side-by-side. I had purchased several finished 6' x 1' shelves from Lowes and some adhesive backed velcro strips. I placed the strips on the top surfaces of the desk, aligned the shelves on the top. I did the same between the keyboard trays - creating one 6' x 1' keyboard tray. This will give me some additional desktop surface, room to set down controllers, etc. So for a purchase price of about $60 I have a "new" desk!

Now to purchase the 25' HDMI cable I found on Amazon for around $15.. YEAH, BABY!!!

Sounds like your having fun Mike,i cant remember the amount of times ive moved from room to room with my kit, but got a PC in almost every room now so problem solved lol !.

My stuff stays put for the most part but my whole basement is my office. Every once in a while I move it around but that's more for the sake of cleaning. :)

I had hoped it would stay put. For a period of about 3-4 months we were delighting in the empty nest. No kids, and 2 extra bedrooms to do with what we want. So we started painting, made one room into an office, and the other was about to become a guest/exercise room. Then my daughter and her boyfriend lost their jobs and, a few months later, my son and his girlfriend broke up and he moved back home. For over a year now we have been stacked like cord wood. Time to expand once again!

I had a different problem after the fire... I had a working computer but all my drives were dying. I'm still using the same old cruddy case that's been stained from ash/water drainage. I've replaced EVERYTHING inside it too, I just couldn't bare getting rid of my HTPC case I spent $400 bucks on. I had another computer that wasn't my HTPC. The HTPC was on one wall, inside a media center'esk tv stand. The other computer was on another wall on a desk. The desk didn't make it through the fire. Suprisingly, after moving back in, I've got everything in the exact same place it was before! The one exception is the other computer and the desk. Since I don't have the desk/chair anymore, I haven't really drug it out of the closet for rebuilding. It's a nice case too, but it's still got ashes and insulation fluff all inside it. I haven't looked at it really since the fire, packing it in storage, then putting it in the closet. The only thing I did was take out the RAM and added it to my HTPC since I updated to Win7x64 and could get more RAM. So now, instead of a computer desk, I've got 2 comic book longboxes stacked in it's place, with a circulating fan on it! :)

What a way to go about modding a PC case! ;) Seriously, I'd take advantage of those fire scars and create an awesome post-apocalyptic case mod. Then it wouldn't be an "old cruddy case" any longer but a work of art!

+1! You could even go the extra mile and glue some cotton to it around the bottom to simulate the 'phoenix rising' effect! Just so long as the smell of fire doesn't linger in it!

You know what would really kick it up a notch? Check out

with his mod!!

Super easy to do and a huge payoff for sure!

No problem! Nothing can hold a candle to a cool mod! I wish I had a Dremmel tool, I'd totally try it too. I guess I'll have to hop a train to Florida and see if I can maybe jack one fr-