All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Download Service Utility

hansolo77

Is the Download Service Utility (v0.90) supported in the GameEx forum or in the emumovies forum? I need a little help with it. I finally got my verification email (like 2.5 hours later, but I can't complain since I DID get it) and I'm trying to use the program. Going in order, I'm starting with the Fairchild Channel F. I selected the console, then "-All Artwork" as the media. Browsed to the Rom path. Created a Desktop folder called "Download Service" (this is the default setting). I then click [Go!], but nothing happens. If I click it a lot, and fast enough, I can see some kinda message that briefly displays under the EmuMovies logo.. something about Free Mode. But I can't read it. Any help?

After you hit go or start or whatever then let it be. It's thinking :) Tom could explain it better but its matching everything on the server to your roms and then renaming it all to download to your pc, that takes a small bit of time. So a little patience might help more than anything ;)

And sorry about that verification thing, I have 0 idea why it took that long as it should really only take a few seconds to generate and send. Maybe it met up with some programs from tron and got stuck in the games

After you hit go or start or whatever then let it be. It's thinking :) Tom could explain it better but its matching everything on the server to your roms and then renaming it all to download to your pc, that takes a small bit of time. So a little patience might help more than anything ;)

Maybe a feature request should be that it shows that it's doing something. Like an icon or a progress bar showing that it's loading. I notice that at first also and can be confusing to new users. Almost seems like the app is not working at first and it takes a few to load.

Hmm, well the programmer should be trolling these boards somewhere. Maybe we would have that if Adultery and Draco weren't pushing him on theme stuff so much! :P

In all seriousness though that would definitely be a good feature.

Sorry guys! I have tunnel vision! LOL

I promised I wouldn't hamper development anymore with my tedious requests! ;)

Hmm, well the programmer should be trolling these boards somewhere. Maybe we would have that if Adultery and Draco weren't pushing him on theme stuff so much! :P

In all seriousness though that would definitely be a good feature.

Yes it would. And it's something that all apps should do anyways when something is happening. Even a splash screen would work so that it shows that it's loading. So there's 3 possibilities there. ;)

Well there isn't much I do well, so I gotta stick with what I know, freq will back me up on that! LOL

+1 on what Adultery said, all of it! :D Besides, evolution requires stress. Sometimes the stress is too much and a species fades into oblivion. Fortunately this front-end is not one of those!

+1 on what Adultery said, all of it! :D Besides, evolution requires stress. Sometimes the stress is too much and a species fades into oblivion. Fortunately this front-end is not one of those!

noog-corner-evolution-darwin-darwini%20sm-homosapien-neanderthal-monkey-computer-chart.png

Wow, I go to bed, and my entire thread is flooded with more replys! I don't know where to begin. Hehe. Yeah, I guess I was a bit impatient. That was mostly because I was tired. I wanted it to work RIGHT NOW and didn't want to wait. Same thing with the registration. It wasn't that I was impatient there.. I thought it got lost or something, so I was asking around in hopes somebody had some power to push it. It's all good now. As for the downloader, I thought about that; that it was just loading or something. I didn't let it sit though, and just closed it for the night. I agee though, there should be some kind of status indicator. I'd like to see something simple, like just a one liner... "Loading Selection", "Downloading ______ for ROM _______: __%" Thanks for the tip though. I'll let it sit and see if it fixed the problem.

Wow, I go to bed, and my entire thread is flooded with more replys! I don't know where to begin. Hehe. Yeah, I guess I was a bit impatient. That was mostly because I was tired. I wanted it to work RIGHT NOW and didn't want to wait. Same thing with the registration. It wasn't that I was impatient there.. I thought it got lost or something, so I was asking around in hopes somebody had some power to push it. It's all good now. As for the downloader, I thought about that; that it was just loading or something. I didn't let it sit though, and just closed it for the night. I agee though, there should be some kind of status indicator. I'd like to see something simple, like just a one liner... "Loading Selection", "Downloading ______ for ROM _______: __%" Thanks for the tip though. I'll let it sit and see if it fixed the problem.

You may want to hop on over to emumovies for a sec and check your inbox.