All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Control Profile for N64 Emu

matt_tee

Good Day to you all....again,

I am having great fun getting things to work.... :rolleyes:

I am after some of your vast experience again, please?

I have got N64 emu to work now (one at a time...lol!)

I have a logitech dual action gamepad (usb) and it is recognised, but the buttons are all to pot.

do we have any plugins/configs that i can use for this in association with the N64 emu?

also, how do I map my mame cab control buttons to the N64 emu, is there a plugin for that to?

p.s

as a side question and totally different, how do i attach my live game tag to this box:

?????

I hope you understand what I am trying to say/do?

sorry for the noob ways,

Matt

Its been a long time for me since I last setup N64. It's on my "to-do" list, and I might be doing it in the near future. In my case, last time I set it up, I had to use a program that came with my controller (Saitek p2500) to remap the buttons to keyboard keys. I then had the program load up that layout when the emulator started via the "load before" option in the setup. I don't remember which emulator I used though, and it may have been updated since to allow a remap within the program itself. Your emulator might do the same, but I'm assuming not since you're having trouble.

As for your live game tag, are you referring to the GameEx or Xbox tag? In either case, you need to adjust your forum profile to have the embedded image linked in your signature. For the GameEx tag, you need to go here to set one up. After that, you'll get an email with the instructions. Just copy the embeded [image] url to your signature. For the Xbox tag, there's quite a few places you can use that will pull your info. Most people here are using this site. After you enter your tag, it gives you the forum codes to use. Just put that in your signature!

Are you using Project64? I believe that it has a plugin for the game pads on the same site. Also, you may want to check out the Logitech site and download the Logitech Profiler.

Ok, I just downloaded "Project64_1.7.0.50b23(Oct-2010)". It installed like a snap. I was quickly able to configure it for my controller with the built in plugin setting. If it's any help, the Options->Settings window displays the Plugin as "Jabo's DirectInput7 1.7.0.8". Tested on Super Mario 64 and it works great!

Ok, I just downloaded "Project64_1.7.0.50b23(Oct-2010)". It installed like a snap. I was quickly able to configure it for my controller with the built in plugin setting. If it's any help, the Options->Settings window displays the Plugin as "Jabo's DirectInput7 1.7.0.8". Tested on Super Mario 64 and it works great!

that 1.7b23 version isnt official,its a beta version(hence the "b") leaked by someone in the pj64 beta program.im pretty sure i know where you got it from,(LEEROY JENKINS anyone?)you are far better off with 1.6 from the official site,as it isnt a beta version,which as we all know beta versions sometimes work and sometimes dont :)

it also may have a virus,so i would do quick scan!

on a side note i do wish that the pj64 team FINALLY release a official 1.7,its long overdue :)

http://www.pj64-emu.com/site-membership/

Yeah, I just downloaded it from my favorite ROM site (nope, won't tell ya where, cause we don't talk about such things here (at least we didn't, don't think it's changed)). It was the the most recent version on there. I know it's a beta. I downloaded it from there since I don't have a donator's license for it yet. I do plan on getting one though, Project64 is awesome.

Yeah, I just downloaded it from my favorite ROM site (nope, won't tell ya where, cause we don't talk about such things here (at least we didn't, don't think it's changed)). It was the the most recent version on there. I know it's a beta. I downloaded it from there since I don't have a donator's license for it yet. I do plan on getting one though, Project64 is awesome.

LOL no I wasnt asking,was just saying.and yes pj64 is the best,which is why i wish they released 1.7 already was supposed to be released in mid 2010 :P