All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ok, I'm back, need a few pointers

hansolo77

I've never used maps; do I need to point GameEx's ROMPATH to just the "ParaJVE\data\roms" folder, or do I need to do something else? That roms folder has 4 subfolders too, in which the "games" are in "cartridge", and theres other homebrews, etc.

I've never used maps; do I need to point GameEx's ROMPATH to just the "ParaJVE\data\roms" folder, or do I need to do something else? That roms folder has 4 subfolders too, in which the "games" are in "cartridge", and theres other homebrews, etc.

You can point to the roms folder or even the emulator folder. Doesn't really matter since gonna be using a map file for the listing. Just point to the map file from my post and it will load the rom using the suggested command-line.

Yeah, it doesn't work for me... Just comes up with a ParaJVM error that it can't find the rom file. It shows the full path right, up to \roms, but then it has the rom title:

M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\ParaJVE\data\roms\BEDLAM

correct path should be:

M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\ParaJVE\data\roms\cartridge\Bedlam.bin

Maybe I have a newer version of ParaJVM than the map file? Its version 0.7.0.

Yeah, it doesn't work for me... Just comes up with a ParaJVM error that it can't find the rom file. It shows the full path right, up to \roms, but then it has the rom title:

M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\ParaJVE\data\roms\BEDLAM

correct path should be:

M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\ParaJVE\data\roms\cartridge\Bedlam.bin

Maybe I have a newer version of ParaJVM than the map file? Its version 0.7.0.

The map file is version 0.7.0. Is that the version of ParaJVM you're using? Also please post your config so that we can see what's going on.

[Emulator_11]
Enabled=True
System=GCE Vectrex
Category=Console
Emulator=MESS
Version=0.141
Rating=8.1
DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/mess.7z
RequiredFiles=system.img
Website=http://www.mess.org/
Info=Multi system emulator
TitleText=GCE Vectrex
StartPageName=GCE Vectrex
StartPageLogo=_Console__GCE_Vectrex_WC
Command=ParaJVE.exe -Game="[ROMPATH]\[ROM]" -Fullscreen=TRUE -Menu=OFF -NoSplash
RomFilter=
Database=[Console] GCE Vectrex
ConfigFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)
MapFile=M:\GameEx\MAP FILES\ParaJVE 0.7.0.map
RomPath=M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\ParaJVE\data\roms
SnapPath=M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\SCREENSHOTs
TitlePath=M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\Titles
BoxPath=M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\Box
CartPath=M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\Cartridges
ManualPath=M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\Manuals
ControlPanelPath=M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\Controls
WorkingPath=M:\_CONSOLES\GCE Vectrex\ParaJVE
MapKeys=True
WaitBeforeKeys=
SendKeys=
ReplaceDash=False
ReplaceUnder=True
Capitals=False
RemoveBrackets=True
ShowDesktop=True
Debug=False
AlsoLaunch=
OLDatZip=
LaunchBefore=
LaunchAfter=
ExcludedFiles=
CustomBackground=
PlayMusic=False
DontShowInfo=
PlaySelectionMusic=False
SelectionMusicFolder=
PCGame=False
GamesIn7Zips=False
PlayInScreenSaver=False
ShowMostPlayed=True
RandomMostPlayed=True
CDCheck=False
CDCheckFile=
imagenotfound=M:\GameEx\THEMES\Enter the Dragon\MEDIA\LOGOS\No_Image.png
RomsInFolders=True

Command=ParaJVE.exe -Game="[ROMPATH]\[ROM]" -Fullscreen=TRUE -Menu=OFF -NoSplash

You're command-line is incorrect! As stated in my post, it should be the following:

ParaJVE.exe -Game=[ROM] -Fullscreen=TRUE -Menu=OFF -NoSplash

Ok, it sounded like I launched the game, but I don't think I have the Advanced Config setup right to watch the javaw.exe.

Ok. Did you select the javaw.exe to be watched in that particular advanced config? Cuz if you did with the program then it should work.

I clicked on the [...] button, which brought up an advanced config editor.. I told it to watch for that process, then closed it...

THATS MY PROBLEM!! I just discovered there is a SAVE and I had to load that file I saved... DUH! :) Works great now!

I clicked on the [...] button, which brought up an advanced config editor.. I told it to watch for that process, then closed it...

THATS MY PROBLEM!! I just discovered there is a SAVE and I had to load that file I saved... DUH! :) Works great now!

LOL. ;)

YAY! My consoles are now all installed and in system! Not all available consoles out there are included, for various reasons, but the jist of them are. There's a few that need tweaks, but it's pretty much said and done. I still want to figure out how to get the Intellivision to not be a stretched 16x9 aspect, and I still need to get a lot of the artworks. I also need to setup my controller for a lot of these, but the roms and emulators are in place! The Atari Jaguar is setup with Project Tempest, but its still a little buggy at the moment. The Casio Loopy is installed, with the MESS setup, but it doesn't work yet according to the MESS guys. Here's my list of consoles. 0 Stars means I either don't have the ROMS (as is such for CD consoles) or working emulators, 1 star means it's installed and working, 2 stars means I have associated artwork, 3 stars means I have videos too.

1972 Magnavox Odyssey

* 1976 Fairchild Channel F

*** 1977 Atari 2600 (VCS)

* 1977 Bally Astrocade

* 1977 RCA Studio II

1978 Interton VC 4000

1978 Magnavox Odyssey 2

* 1979 Mattel Intellivision

* 1981 VTech CreatiVision

* 1981 Epoch Super Cassette Vision

* 1982 Atari 5200

* 1982 Coleco ColecoVision

* 1982 Emerson Arcadia 2001

* 1982 Entex Adventure Vision

* 1982 GCE Vectrex

* 1983 Casio PV-1000

* 1983 Magnavox Odyssey 3 (Philips Videopac+)

* 1983 Sega SG-1000-

* 1984 Atari 7800

* 1985 Nintendo NES

* 1986 Nintendo Famicom Disk System

* 1986 Sega Master System

1987 Atari XEGS

* 1989 NEC TurboGrafx-16 (PC-Engine)

* 1989 NEC SuperGrafx (PC-Engine 2)

** 1989 Sega Genesis

* 1990 Amstrad GX4000

1990 SNK Neo Geo

** 1991 Nintendo SNES

1991 Phillips CD-i [uSES CD'S]

1992 Sega CD [uSES CD'S]

* 1993 Atari Jaguar

1993 Commodore Amiga CD32 [uSES CD'S]

1993 Panasonic 3DO [uSES CD'S]

* 1993 Sega Pico

1994 Bandai Playdia [uSES CD'S]

1994 NEC PC-FX [uSES CD'S]

** 1994 Sega 32X

1994 SNK Neo Geo CD [uSES CD'S]

1995 Apple Pippin [uSES CD'S]

1994 Atari Jaguar CD [uSES CD'S]

* 1995 Casio Loopy

* 1995 Funtech Super A'Can

* 1995 Nintendo Virual Boy

1995 Sega Saturn [uSES CD'S]

1995 Sony PlayStation [uSES CD'S]

** 1996 Nintendo N64

1999 Sega Dreamcast [uSES CD'S]

2000 Sony PlayStation 2 [uSES CD'S]

2001 Microsoft Xbox [uSES CD'S]

2001 Nintendo GameCube [uSES CD'S]

2005 Microsoft Xbox 360 [uSES CD'S]

2006 Nintendo Wii [uSES CD'S]

2006 Sony PlayStation 3 [uSES CD'S]

These are just my consoles. My next venture is handhelds, and then computers, then I'll try and retackle setting up pinball. I might even go as far this time as to setup Daphne to play some Dragon's Lair. Is there anything else I'm missing in the console area? Also, anybody know where I can get an associated artwork set for use with the ParaJVE (Vectrex)?

To be honest, Emumovies is the first place I can think of to check for game system artwork. From there, Google is going to be your best friend. I have found some great packs of stuff for various systems at the Hyperspin site among others.

I have artwork already for the Vectrex. It just doesn't sync right with the roms, since they're not a no-intro naming schema. They're just whatever was built into ParaJVE.

I would just use a renaming app to rename them to match your roms using an app like Skinny Match or something.

I would just use a renaming app to rename them to match your roms using an app like Skinny Match or something.

Yes skinny match would do the job just fine.a real handy app to have around!

I had a problem with parajve and the artwork as well.the roms are strangely named.although you can

use a different romset with parajve.thats what I did as parajve doesnt have a complete set

I've actually not had any luck with SkinnyMatch. I don't know, maybe I just don't know how to use it. But everytime I try, I only get like 10 or so 100% matches, more (like 15?) around 60%, and then most of them are 0% match. I tried doing the manual match thing, but it doesn't work for me.