All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Windows 7... Check! Now for GameEx...

Adultery

So my plan is to copy GameEx's proggy folder over to my new SATA HDD and then install the offline installer to finish the job. Bad idea? Any suggestions on how to approach this?

You may require some real time support! LOL! I would recommend to ensure you have a good backup on the original HDD, then install GameEx, copying back what ya need from the old HDD.

Well here we go... Let's see if this bugger flies straight. I've already had some bad luck today (Windows 7 cost me $115 since I lost the copy my parents gave me when it first released), but everything else is going great so far. This board, SATA HDD, and video card are already running circles around my old equipment. Windows 7 though... I dunno about that one! :P

as you probably know i have gameex on a removable hddrive and it works in both my win7 64 bit htpc and my win7 32 bit cab so i expect very little trouble for you.

Ian.

All in all it took me roughly 25 minutes to get it working. I'm very pleased at how easy it was. :)

Well here we go... Let's see if this bugger flies straight. I've already had some bad luck today (Windows 7 cost me $115 since I lost the copy my parents gave me when it first released), but everything else is going great so far. This board, SATA HDD, and video card are already running circles around my old equipment. Windows 7 though... I dunno about that one! :P

isnt your cab a core 2? I was running win7 on the p4 and it ran well,much better the xp ever did IMO

Yeah, it's a core 2 for now. I may move the cab up to a quad and use the core 2 in the juke once I finish it off though, and I must say I'm already blown away at how much better Windows 7 looks on it. I got worried for a minute because of xpadder needing to run on Vista, but the awesomeness of compatibility mode fixed that problem for me right away.

Even the network and downloading seem to be much faster. It just blows my mind how much better this thing performs with the same CPU and RAM as was in the old board!

Here she is, complete with bezel and Windows 7 in case anyone wanted a better photo:

...and a shot of the new mobo:

Looks good.I really like the speakers on the sides.they built right in?

cant wait for my cab to be done....its just particle board now!,need to get on it and finish 100%

right now its at like 70% games fully playable,but cosmetically its shitty lol!

Cosmetics are good to save until last. Functionality and purpose sometimes demand redesign. Once everything behaves how you like it and you're sure you've done all you want to, then finishing touches and cosmetics come into it. The cab can look nice all day, but if it doesn't play it's a huge box. ;)

Don't get me wrong, Mich is good beer. I like me Heiniken though! And Spotted Cow is pretty damn tasty!