All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

My cab RIPs.

Adultery

OK, so my crappy board died (it was a refurb anyway and cost me 25 bucks), so I went and got some new stuff to play with:

This video card and this mobo.

Hopefully I will not be disappointed. Sadly though, this means I have to basically gut and rebuild my cab again (I had some changes I wanted to make anyway), but won't have to buy a new processor for now (although I may up it to a quad core later). I think I may also finally bite the bullet and install Windows 7, since I already have a copy set aside for the new PC I was planning.

Hopefully I won't find myself trying to murder anyone in the process. Just wanted to let you all know that I'll be limited on what I can do for now without GameEx running on anything.

OK, so my crappy board died (it was a refurb anyway and cost me 25 bucks), so I went and got some new stuff to play with:

Hopefully I will not be disappointed. Sadly though, this means I have to basically gut and rebuild my cab again (I had some changes I wanted to make anyway), but won't have to buy a new processor for now (although I may up it to a quad core later). I think I may also finally bite the bullet and install Windows 7, since I already have a copy set aside for the new PC I was planning.

Hopefully I won't find myself trying to murder anyone in the process. Just wanted to let you all know that I'll be limited on what I can do for now without GameEx running on anything.

But your gamer tag says you are playing Joust! ;) I am sure that there is plenty you can do without it and let me know if ya need any assistance with 7, although I doubt you will. Once you get used to the interface and UAC, it is a breeze compared to XP IMHO.

Sucks dont it? It sucks SO much more when you do do what you said,only to find out you were sent a recalled MoBo!! :angry: :angry:

Now I get to do it AGAIN tomorrow,when it is supposed to be like 105 degrees here! not that I will be doing this in a non air conditioned room but I still sweat even in AC when its that hot!

Very few PC stores around here even sell MoBo's,and the ones that do overcharge for them and do not accept returns

Thank goodness for Amazon and its one day shipping,not to mention it was $10 cheaper there.

I usually do NewEgg, but I was disappointed to see everything say 'out of stock' next to it. It was worth the $10 extra bucks to get it 3-day, but I won't even have time to play with it until Wednesday. I was smart this time though, and I built a removable "shelf" for the mobo. It was a real PITA to take it out since I hard-mounted it in. If something similar happens later, it will not take me out of commission entirely for too long.

There were some things I wanted to do differently anyways this time around, so maybe it was a blessing wrapped in used toilet paper. Who knows. :)

Now the real trick will be trying to screw in that video card to brace it without the case... That was a PITA last time too. Gonna try this though since I use the "bic pen" riser trick anyways to mount the board and it works really well.