All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I have to say....Gameex is pretty good

bclinton

Just to see how it is....it is definitely more flashy but if you are like me and have a ton of games it is too cumbersome navigating through them. I spent a lot of time getting it going with the movies working. If I only had 100 or so games it might be better because it tends to look better.

I have seen some GameEx themes that can hold their own against HS any day. Not knocking it because it is a great FE, but I much prefer GameEx as it is worlds away easier to configure and fits my needs and the forum support here is second to none.

I have seen some GameEx themes that can hold their own against HS any day. Not knocking it because it is a great FE, but I much prefer GameEx as it is worlds away easier to configure and fits my needs and the forum support here is second to none.

I need to check out the themes.

It's been a while since I downloaded - will check it out.

Our support must be good. So good that other frontend users come here for questions. We have some of the best members in the emulation community here. It's a good place to be.

Well, I've always been a Gameex user and was just piddling.....my curiosity was solved :)

I think you mean +1000 for forum support! GameEx is it. Period.

Gets my vote any day of the week, the help has been awesome and i learn new things every day +1,000 for the GameEx Gods.

Lets not get started on HS vs GameEX.I too was suckered in once by the flashiness of HS only to realize after installing it and my emu's that its only good for children with ADHD :)

No that wasnt right...it is a good FE,just not a great FE.my biggest complaint of HS was the lack of any game info,the fact that you could only display either box or cart art at once,and the fact that you need a i7EE to run it smoothly.you really dont need a i7 I was exaggerating a little,but it is a processor whore.To me it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to need at least a core 2 duo to run the FE,not the games as MAME will run on a p4 but HS will not.that and plus the MAME game themes get boring FAST,it like Ive seen it once thats all I need ;)

Lets not get started on HS vs GameEX.I too was suckered in once by the flashiness of HS only to realize after installing it and my emu's that its only good for children with ADHD :)

No that wasnt right...it is a good FE,just not a great FE.my biggest complaint of HS was the lack of any game info,the fact that you could only display either box or cart art at once,and the fact that you need a i7EE to run it smoothly.you really dont need a i7 I was exaggerating a little,but it is a processor whore.To me it doesnt make a whole lot of sense to need at least a core 2 duo to run the FE,not the games as MAME will run on a p4 but HS will not.that and plus the MAME game themes get boring FAST,it like Ive seen it once thats all I need ;)

Ok, downloaded the new themes....Bluebox mod2 is pretty darn good. I take back what I said....Hyperspin in not necessarily more flashy....