All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Modding Question

Adultery

Ok, so I have an audio hub (headphone/mic/line-in) that I want to wire into the cab. This hub plugs directly into the mobo. The problem is that the wires aren't long enough to reach the spot I plan to put it. So the question is this:

What gauge wire do standard computers use for wiring stuff? I plan to cut and solder extensions in, and want to do it right the first time. The wire gauge is comparable to what's bundled inside a standard phone cable.

Anyone know?

Ok, so I have an audio hub (headphone/mic/line-in) that I want to wire into the cab. This hub plugs directly into the mobo. The problem is that the wires aren't long enough to reach the spot I plan to put it. So the question is this:

What gauge wire do standard computers use for wiring stuff? I plan to cut and solder extensions in, and want to do it right the first time. The wire gauge is comparable to what's bundled inside a standard phone cable.

Anyone know?

Not sure but why reinvent the wheel when you could possibly adapt a solution already available for your needs? I found this site doing my usual "Googling" about. While this is primarily for adding front access to the usual ports via an empty drive bay, it could probably be easily adapted to your needs without having to hack and solder your existing connections.

Ohhhh man! This is GREAT! Exactly what I was looking for!!

I love how configurable this thing is! Putting a panel in front of the cab (or maybe on the side, haven't decided yet) with the internal connectors: 2 USB ports, an eSATA port, line-in, headphones, mic, PS/2, and L/R RCA outs!! Whoever invented this is a friggin GENIOUS! It even comes in black with a flip down cover!

Ordering this first thing tomorrow!!

Ohhhh man! This is GREAT! Exactly what I was looking for!!

I love how configurable this thing is! Putting a panel in front of the cab (or maybe on the side, haven't decided yet) with the internal connectors: 2 USB ports, an eSATA port, line-in, headphones, mic, PS/2, and L/R RCA outs!! Whoever invented this is a friggin GENIOUS! It even comes in black with a flip down cover!

Ordering this first thing tomorrow!!

Sounds like Adultery is a happy chappie ! Mind this is a very good idea, wish id known about this before i hacked a slot in the back of my cab and screwed in a USB extension box !.

Best $50 I ever spent anyways! ;)

I am cutting the hole for it in my jukebox and getting another one. :)