All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Monitor replacement suggestions?

bclinton

Ok, my 10 year old 19 inch compaq CRT died. I have an arcade machine that I retrofitted the monitor to work. I looked on craigslist and there are a couple of 19's but no one has wrote me back. My question is do you guys have a suggestion on what LCD to use? I really dont want to spend a fortune and get a true arcade monitor yet. It seems that I read that LCD's will work but get one owth a low response rate 2-3 ms.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you have the details to perform your own initial search regarding LCD monitors. If you see anything that sounds promising, by all means, let us see some links and details. Keep in mind that you will be receiving opinions and they may differ greatly and you will have to use your best judgement based on the responses you get or be prepared to make your own leap of faith!

P.S. Since this is not a GameEx issue proper, moving thread to Social Club where almost anything non-GameEx related can be found.

Well honestly unless you want to make the switch to a LCD monitor,I would suggest getting another CRT.In my cab I have I still use a CRT.On my other PC I have it hooked up to a 17" LCD and a 55" LED and all the classic games,(MAME,nes,snes etc..) look much better on CRT IMHO ;)

Not a bad idea. You may want to stockpile an extra as they will be at a premium before much longer.

I already have been.I have 6 crt's in the back cellar ranging from 15"-22"! :)

I can only find them in pawn shops and when family members\friends get new PC's and they toss out their crt's they all know to call Dave and i will gladly come and pick them up,that also saves them 5 bucks (the cost of bringing them to the dump) and I save them the trip and the aggravation of dropping them off behind the local wal mart xD :D

OK, After digging some more I find that my arcadevga video card is bad and not the monitor. I have a feeling I wasted my money with the card anyways. I connected to my on board G31 graphics and it looks just as good. The bezel actually shows up now on vertical games. Now my question is do I need to just get a decent PCIe video adapter? If so are some graphic adapters better than others.

On a side note I have been tinkering with PC's for 25 years and have never had a video card fail on me. I doubt I will buy another arcadevga......

I'm in love with my ATI Sapphire 1GB HD AGP card, but Greywolf pinball tables don't work on it due to some silly ATI texture issue.

I'm in love with my ATI Sapphire 1GB HD AGP card, but Greywolf pinball tables don't work on it due to some silly ATI texture issue.

Im using a ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series on a HTPC with a 42" monitor and every thing look and runs fine.

Im using a ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series on a HTPC with a 42" monitor and every thing look and runs fine.

I found a Geforce 220 1gb PCIe for $19 after rebate on Newegg. I know the Vpinball tables prefer Geforce drivers in my pinball cab so I'll stick with that. Cant beat $19 bucks either I figure.

That's pretty boss actually. My board supports PCIe as well as AGP so maybe I should upgrade. I <3 NewEgg!