All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

anyone ever play final fantasy 2..?

mesk

either on PS1 (final fantasy origins) or GBA (final fantasy:dawn of souls)

trying to pick one to play.was going to play the fan translated version of the original famicom game,but from what I can gather,it was a real hack job,misnamed spells,monsters, and bits of storyline.

there is also a unreleased prototype cart for the original nes,but everyone knows how prototype games go....

the PS1 version includes FMV scenes,but the GBA version uses a more accurate storyline.and the GBA version has had the difficulty "toned down" which is NEVER a good thing in a rpg

opinions? [discuss]

Last time I played it was on PSP (Final Fantasy 2 Anniversary) which was graphically updated version of the PS1 version with FMV cutscenes. It played true to the original Famicom version as reviews said and the updated gfx looked really nice. I'd recommend that version if you can get your hands on it. :)

Otherwise I'd vote for FF Anthology version. I love the FF series and for me it was a lot of fun to play the PSP version since it was a classic with a modern twist. The arranged music on PSP was a special treat too.

Last time I played it was on PSP (Final Fantasy 2 Anniversary) which was graphically updated version of the PS1 version with FMV cutscenes. It played true to the original Famicom version as reviews said and the updated gfx looked really nice. I'd recommend that version if you can get your hands on it. :)

Otherwise I'd vote for FF Anthology version.

I was figuring the GBA version wouldnt be suggested.TBH,i think i will play the original FF remake on PS1,then make a decision on FF2!

Oops! I meant to say FF Origins. My bad. Haha!

I will probably play the GBA version at some point on the DS too, but I'm still finishing up FFIV Complete's extra dungeon, and I have like 12 After Years storylines on Wii I'd like to get to first no thanks to Square. ;)