All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

CPWizard ctrlr help

chriss

Hey guys,

I got CPWizard up and running nicely but there is one thing I don't understand...

So Cpwizard displays the controls of my games but when I go into mame and change the button layout of a certain game (tab->input this game) cpwizard will still display the old mapping.

I thought CPWizard will look for specific controller files in the /cfg dir and will change the layout accordingly..

I changed Mortal Kombat to the layout suggested by CPWizard moving the low kick button one over to have it set up like in the arcade. i use the x-arcade controller with a Zinc Button layout!

I set up CPWizard like this:

I renamed the default.cfg from the /cfg dir to xarcademod.cfg and then put it in the ctrlr dir.

I have mame.ini in the root dir with the line

ctrlr xarcademod 

After assigning all the buttons in CPWizard and link it to the button .png files CPWIzard worked great!

If I assign a new button layout for games will CPWIzard read the cfg dir or do I have to add information to my ctrlr file? If so, could somebody give me an example?

That was it mate! Restarted and working now :)

Great program! Thanks so much!!

Btw you have a x-arcade as well if i recall this right... how did you map your neo geo games?