All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Zinc controller issues

chriss

Hey guys,

I set up Zinc again after a long time...

I'm working on it for almost a day now and I have the following problem:

I use the unmodified controller.znc of Zinc 1.1

Hyper Athlete is one of my favorite games and it has issues when I use Winterblast's controller.znc (either zinc crashes when I use a modified button layout or the start button doesn't work with default zinc button layout)

So Hyper Athlete works fine with the original key layout... BUT a lot of other games have issues with 2 Player mode!

Could someone please launch their Zinc and confirm the following:

When you start Bloody Roar 2, choose 2 Player and start a fight. The button to cover yourself for the second player is mapped to the 5th button of the 1st player!

The second problem is that all the 2 player buttons are moved down a row. The first row of keys is unused. I noticed this in some other games as well!

When using winterblast's input plugin I could get the first row of the second player to work but the cover button problem is still there...

Did anyone manage to get all zinc supported games (incl. Hyper Athlete) to work correctly for 1st and 2nd player?

Could anyone be so kind and see if they have the same 2P problem with Bloody Roar please? I really wonder if this is a general problem and why nobody mentioned it yet...

Hey chriss it seems I too have the same problem. With Bloody Roar and with all the Tekken games. I used ZiNcCab to setup controls and config it through GameEx. However, for those games, I also have then emulated on pSX so, it isn't really a big deal to me. The other games in ZiNc config just fine. What kind of controller or cp are you using btw?

Hey celly, thanks for the feedback! I thought the same thing:

Since I have these games running in PSX I don't really need them in Zinc. I think I'll just kick them out of the zinc list since they are not running properly!

I use the X-Arcade controller. In order to use the standard zinc button layout I used to run a AHK script which would translate the button pushes of the standard X-Arcade Mode 1 layout to zinc. But since I ran into other problems with the standard x-arcade layout (Model 2 Emulator interprets the pushes of the alt button as a GUI request) I now reprogrammed the X-Arcade to use the Zinc layout!