All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] JNES Help

MRE

Hey guys,

I got MAME setup and now am trying to add some other emulators. I have JNES installed and a few roms in the rom folder. When I try to play a JNES rom from Gameex it brings me back to the desktop screen. It does bring up JNES and the chosen rom but it is not in full screen so it obviously takes away from the arcade cab feel. Is there any way to get it to open the rom in fullscreen? I can select the fullscreen option with my mouse after the game boots but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to open in fullscreen. Thanks for your help.

Hey guys,

I got MAME setup and now am trying to add some other emulators. I have JNES installed and a few roms in the rom folder. When I try to play a JNES rom from Gameex it brings me back to the desktop screen. It does bring up JNES and the chosen rom but it is not in full screen so it obviously takes away from the arcade cab feel. Is there any way to get it to open the rom in fullscreen? I can select the fullscreen option with my mouse after the game boots but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to open in fullscreen. Thanks for your help.

I do not use jnes I use NESTOPIA

my friend had all sorts of issues with jnes &virtuanes so I got him to switch to nestopia,give it a try! its super simple and it is the most accurate nes emulator to date! Happy gaming!

Thanks for the fast reply. I think I will go ahead and do that. I did read some good things about Nestopia on these forums.

I switched to Nestopia but it still loads the roms not in fullscreen mode and I see the menubar and nestopia menu. Any advice on how to get them load in fullscreen would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Thanks man. I feel like an idiot for missing that one. I went through all the JNES settings and couldn't find a setting like that but I totally missed the preferences tab on nestopia. Thanks.

Thanks man. I feel like an idiot for missing that one. I went through all the JNES settings and couldn't find a setting like that but I totally missed the preferences tab on nestopia. Thanks.

No worries ;) Happy Gaming!

Must have missed the setting in JNES as well. ;)

• Click on Options
  • Click on Video
  • On Display Tab in Fullscreen group there is a checkbox Go full screen when rom is opened.

Yes, as suggested, nestopia is known to be a better emulator by the emulation community. But figured I'd answer your original question. ;)