All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Streets of Rage Remake

wubble

I cannot recommend Streets of Rage Remake enough. The final version was released this month after 8 years in the making. Sega, who knew about the project through a formal letter from Bomber Games, promptly shut it down. But that won't stop me seeding it.

Find the torrent and enjoy the best Streets of Rage yet!

sorrp.jpg

Mmm! On board! Sega cancelled the remake project according to this months's Game Informer. I was bummed until I saw this thread! ;)

On a side note, my long awaited River City Ransom remake will be dropping on PSN and XBLA this summer (and PC this winter so it will make the cab for sure!).

On a side note, my long awaited River City Ransom remake will be dropping on PSN and XBLA this summer (and PC this winter so it will make the cab for sure!).

If RCR is as good as Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game then I'll be rocking that with my bro for sure... provided Playstation Network can gets its act together.

^^Also a great game! I play it on XBLA so I haven't noticed any problems! I wish there was a PC version though.

Don't get me wrong, I love my ps3 too. :)

LOL ps3 does everything! mine even collects dust! lol,no my ps3 gets play time when a exclusive comes out,other then that its the 360 or the wii.i guess its a good thing sega canceled their SOR remake,after the debacle that is sonic 4....

Funny thing is that GI did a piece on the Sonic Fan Remix and SEGA never went after those guys... WTF SEGA? Where is your head at???

PS: Man, Blaze sure has aged well! Haha!

NEVERMIND I found it :)

To clarify, the version is V5 Final, released April 2011. It has "19 playable characters, 64 enemies, 103 stages, and 76 remixed, remastered music tracks â?? all based on the three original Sega Genesis games and their Game Gear conversions. On top of that, it sports an impressive number of editors, modes, options, and other improvements."

I haven't been able to complete it yet, so I haven't unlocked any new fighters etc. This is really good, the best remake I've seen yet, commercial or otherwise. Having it run at 320x240 is definately better than some widescreen graphics tablet drawn 1080p rubbish IMO. So much good stuff in this. Have you fought the ultra-gay boss yet? Or kicked Cody's ass from Final Fight? I like the way you can pull off your special move without hurting yourself if the power bar is "OK", and combining weapons with special moves for even more special moves... hehe and Dr Zan is badass... and Blaze has indeed aged wonderfully, gravity has not dragged her down :)

• 1 month later...

Damn this game! Made it all the way to the 8th stage, bout 2/3 through, and poof! Dead!

It was probably some a$$hole with a machine gun at the top of the elevator anyways! Hahaha!