All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

reseting mame game list

mesk

Exactly which files should I delete to rebuild my mame list?

only showing 200 total mame games and 3 zinc :blink:

The gamelist.txt file found in the DATA directory of your GameEx install is the file that is built. You can back up this file in case. GameEx should rebuild this file when rebuilding the list but since it's not working then back that file up and try again. If that doesn't work then post details of your setup so we can troubleshoot.

The gamelist.txt file found in the DATA directory of your GameEx install is the file that is built. You can back up this file in case. GameEx should rebuild this file when rebuilding the list but since it's not working then back that file up and try again. If that doesn't work then post details of your setup so we can troubleshoot.

Thank you buddy :)

I had to update the list twice,the first time it went really fast,it finished in about a minute and I only had 200 mame games under all mame games.Right now im updating again and it is still going.This has happened before and I think rebuilding the list twice fixed it.I will post my final results

I am having similar problems, my mame list will only show the first 84 games.Even the gamelist.txt does not show all the games in it.The most I have seen after several attempts was 120.

I have backed up everything and even went to as far as uninstalling and deleting the folder of gameEX,then installing and setting up only the MAME directories and left all setting as default, still no full game list. I tried my .141 roms with .141 mameui32 and my .142 roms with .142 mameui32 (each set have there own HDD)The directories are correct as I double checked this. Both versions of mame I have work fine out side of GameEX.

This all came about when I updated GameEX to version 11.65. Is there any way of getting the install of 11.64 to see if my problems are with the newest release?

I am having similar problems, my mame list will only show the first 84 games.Even the gamelist.txt does not show all the games in it.The most I have seen after several attempts was 120.

I have backed up everything and even went to as far as uninstalling and deleting the folder of gameEX,then installing and setting up only the MAME directories and left all setting as default, still no full game list. I tried my .141 roms with .141 mameui32 and my .142 roms with .142 mameui32 (each set have there own HDD)The directories are correct as I double checked this. Both versions of mame I have work fine out side of GameEX.

This all came about when I updated GameEX to version 11.65. Is there any way of getting the install of 11.64 to see if my problems are with the newest release?

I tested with my 11.64 and was only showing 200 roms. So going to that version wouldn't help. Older versions of GameEx are not archived as we want to move forward and not backwards. Tom is looking into it now. We will report back.

I tested with my 11.64 and was only showing 200 roms. So going to that version wouldn't help. Older versions of GameEx are not archived as we want to move forward and not backwards. Tom is looking into it now. We will report back.

Thanks,yea my mame list is back to only 200 games as well with zinc at 3

Thanks,yea my mame list is back to only 200 games as well with zinc at 3

Updated to new GameEx and then to MAME 0.142 and again I got 200 roms. Then I tried updating a second time and it listed correctly. Maybe cuz of the cache files. Not sure. But It's listing correctly now. Tom had a look into and fixed something with verify roms so there will be a release soon. But try to update again for giggles and see if it works like mine did.

I just had the same problem, but the list updated fully on the second attempt.

Without being specific my GameEx has had lots of weird things happen recently, things like old roms long since deleted returning to my favourites list, "please wait" progress bars hanging forever, "HiToText" crashing every time GameEx is run, the screensaver failing to run on the first few attempts, GameExtender not publishing anyting to GameEx live or my gamercard. I've tried clearing the cache but that doesn't help. I'm going to do a completely clean install of GameEx when my new SSD arrives in the post next week.

Love GameEx and havent had to do a clean reinstall in all the years I've been using it though... maybe it is time.

edit: time indeed, had to do a complete fresh install from scratch, no shortcuts. worth it in the end.

Edited by wubble