All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Digits

AlphaUMi

NES system roms:

---------------------------

Game 1 (Japan) [T-Eng]

is displayed as:

Game 1 [T-Eng]

but in SNES system roms:

Game 1 (Japan) [T-Eng]

is displayed as:

Game 1

Both ( ) and [ ] brackets are excluded.

In short, i've set "Remove text in brackets" to yes both in the SNES and NES system, but i notice an incongruence: NES still visualise the "[ ]" brackets and hides ( ), but snes Hides both "[ ]" and "( )".

Where I can find this option? I checked setup wizard and my ini file, and didn't find "Use database name".

Thank you for your support!

EDIT: the goal for me is to display the text between [ ] and hide the text between ( ). I dunno if it's a bug, but the NES system is actually right for me, due to the fact that [ ] are displayed and ( ) are excluded. This way I can distinguish between Game 1 and Game 1 [T-Eng].

SNES hides both [ ] and ( ) so this results in a duplicate entry in my game list.

Where I can find this option? I checked setup wizard and my ini file, and didn't find "Use database name".

I’m pretty sure you need to use the ‘Advanced’ setup option rather than the ‘Basic’ option. Or you can do what I do for these situations which is to select the ‘Custom’ option then place a check mark for the ‘Emulator Selection’ and ‘Emulator Config’ options. Press ‘Next’ select your emulator, and away you go. Note: I’m away from my GameEx machine so the option names listed here may not be exact, but they should be close enough to give you the idea.

EDIT: the goal for me is to display the text between [ ] and hide the text between ( ). I dunno if it's a bug, but the NES system is actually right for me, due to the fact that [ ] are displayed and ( ) are excluded. This way I can distinguish between Game 1 and Game 1 [T-Eng].

SNES hides both [ ] and ( ) so this results in a duplicate entry in my game list.

I could be wrong, but you might be able to accomplish what you’d like by setting the ‘Merge Set’ option to Yes (under Advanced Emulator config). This will display duplicate games as a single entry on the main game list selection screen, but will display the alternate (duplicate) versions of the game on the game info screen with the appropriate flag listed next to each version signifying the country of origin. I love that feature! Of course I could be misunderstanding your intentions here.

This isn’t to suggest any sort of alternate fix (in regards to the thread), but rather to bring an awesome GameEx feature to your attention if you weren’t already aware of it.

Best of Luck!

Iâ??m pretty sure you need to use the â??Advancedâ?? setup option rather than the â??Basicâ?? option. Or you can do what I do for these situations which is to select the â??Customâ?? option then place a check mark for the â??Emulator Selectionâ?? and â??Emulator Configâ?? options. Press â??Nextâ?? select your emulator, and away you go. Note: Iâ??m away from my GameEx machine so the option names listed here may not be exact, but they should be close enough to give you the idea.

Thanks, but this is exactly what I did, and couldn't find that option. I'll check better later.

Speaking of the second suggestion, I think it's a very interesting approach and I'll give it a try, although I'm afraid it could not be the best solution for me since the great majority of my games aren't merged (I mean: 1 zip = 1 file = 1 game). It could be the ideal solution for those few games that can stay merged (i.e. those with english translations).

Still wondering where to find "Use database name" option...

Cheers,

Alpha.

Hi!

In the end I choose to clean my list a bit and keep only one version per game, this way I'll have a clean list altogether. I prefer to avoid duplicate or multiple versions. But the "Merge Set" feature is great, I agree. You can consider this topic as resolved.

Thank you very much for your support, guys!

The setting is called Use Database Name found on 3rd page of Emulator setup in either config apps.

P.S.: Just to say that I didn't find "Use Database Name" in the Setup Wizard. I found it only in GameExConfig.exe.

Cheers,

Alpha