All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Custom GameEx Menu?

BritInVA

The damn Change View issue has reappeared again :angry:

Everytime I start GameEx or go back to the Home page I'm seeing a Logo and not the correct theme background. I have to go to Change View everytime.

Is there a INI setting that can force its to correct view?

Is this a bug that others have come accross?

Yes, I believe when I exit an emulator it goes to GameEx's default menu background instead of going back to the emulator background. I only just noticed it yesterday and haven't had time to try and bug test (I got some new lighting I was working on installing). This only started happening to me since the new GameExtender features came around although admittedly I haven't been playing games a whole lot (still have to fully map my new XBOX 360 wireless controllers in all my emus).

OK, getting very frustratiing :angry:

I cannot stop GameEx from changing the view from the custom bacground to a logo. If I use a default Theme everything is fine but if I'm using a custom theme the correct background displays for a few seconds then changes to a logo..... have to then use change view to get correct background..... not user freindly!

I've attached Log1 which has events where it changes automatically to the logo and then I manually change view to background. and the Log2 which is where I restart GameEx and reverts to the Logo again.

Also attached GameEx.ini, Theme.ini and CustomMenu.ini

Hope someone can help

log1.txt

log2.txt

GameEx.txt

Theme.txt

CustomMenu.txt

I'm still no further getting this resolved - tried using different Theme (Carbon & Steel 2.0) as well as disabling the Custome Menu and I still keep getting a Logo on Startup instead of the Background.

Don't want to start looking at other Front Ends but if I cannot make this simple then kids are not going to play it.

How do I get help to resolve this?

Getting Desperate :(

Two things I notice are wrong here, but not sure if either will fix the problem.

Title=Home

Item_1=

Item_2=0' date='Arcade Games,0,arcade

Item_3=1,Pinball,1,Pinball

Item_4=

Item_5=

Item_6=[/quote']Try this alteration:

Title=Home

Item_1=0,Arcade Games,0,arcade

Item_2=1,Pinball,1,Pinball

Item_3=

Item_4=

Item_5=

Item_6=

Adultery - Thanks.

At moment that seems to have worked. Going to keep fingers crossed that does not reoccur.

Seems odd that the CustomMenu App added a blank line - looks exactly same within CustomMenu App are manually editing the INI.

Hopefully I can move on with finishing the cab now.

Cheers,

Mark

Holy crap, it worked? :blink: Do some testing and maybe we can mark this issue as [RESOLVED]. :)

I can do it. smile.gif

I'll give it a day or so just to be 100%, I almost feel like it was too easy. Haha!

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now marked as Resolved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.