All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Configure Ultra64? Killer Instinct Emu

pacsniper

I got Ultra 64 running perfect (Fullscreen) under GameEx :) Here is how I did it:

1) Created two directories one for KI1 and another for KI2

2) Install Ultra 64 in each directory and install your KI1 & KI2 roms in the appropriate directories

3) Configure each KI and create a desktop shortcut to each KI1 and KI2 and put them in a directory anywhere you prefer

4) Then configured GameEx to run the desktop shortcuts for each KI1 & KI2

Hope that makes sense and helps you along :)

Note: You have to keep KI1 and KI2 in different directories as it won't work if you keep Ultra 64 in one directory. That is why I made one called KI1 and the other KI2 and installed Ultra 64 to each folder.

Is there a noticable benefit to this? I still would need th CHD right? Just pondering doing this myself but haven't tried running it in MAME yet (these games are definately on the short list though!)

I got Ultra 64 running perfect (Fullscreen) under GameEx :) Here is how I did it:

1) Created two directories one for KI1 and another for KI2

2) Install Ultra 64 in each directory and install your KI1 & KI2 roms in the appropriate directories

3) Configure each KI and create a desktop shortcut to each KI1 and KI2 and put them in a directory anywhere you prefer

4) Then configured GameEx to run the desktop shortcuts for each KI1 & KI2

Hope that makes sense and helps you along :)

Note: You have to keep KI1 and KI2 in different directories as it won't work if you keep Ultra 64 in one directory. That is why I made one called KI1 and the other KI2 and installed Ultra 64 to each folder.

Do I put anything else specifically? because im still going to have to click on "Run" for it to start up the game

No ... In GameEx you setup the emulator roms folder where you have the KI1 and KI2 shortcuts at and the command line will be "[ROMPath]\[RomFile]" it will execute the shortcut without having to click on it.

Example (GameEx config):

Working path: C:\GameEx\Shortcuts\Ultra 64

Roms path: C:\GameEx\Shortcuts\Ultra 64

Rom filter: *.lnk

Command Line: "[ROMPath]\[RomFile]"

That's it :)

Btw it also only works with the older version of Ultra 64 as well as the newer version doesn't work correctly. That might be the problem most people run into as you have to use v3.05 of Ultra 64 for it to work right. Why? not sure but that is what I found out.

I gave up on Ultra64. I aquired the proper CHD's and they run fine now through MAME. Sounds like Krakerman has the fix.

Already runs like a champ for me in MAME, but thanks anyway. I just had to delete the diff files *doh!* ;)

Resolved! OP had two issues. First issue was that it would run but wouldn't autoload. Fix was to add the "-auto" parameter in the shortcut. Second issue was that emulator was not closing correctly so GameEx had trouble taking back focus. Fix for that was to ensure that the working path and the rom path were the same when dealing with shortcuts. Enjoy pacsniper! Hope you find GameEx to be worth the donation. ;)