All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Help with epsxe please

B2K24

Hi I'm a registered GameEX user and I have my collection of PS1 games 7-zipped in BIN/CUE (some multi track bin files)

I have Daemon tools lite and also Virtual clone CD that has option to install with GameEX.

VCD is drive I:\ and Daemon is drive F:\

I am unsure what command line settings should be, so if anyone else uses a similar setup, I could use some help please.

Hi I'm a registered GameEX user and I have my collection of PS1 games 7-zipped in BIN/CUE (some multi track bin files)

I have Daemon tools lite and also Virtual clone CD that has option to install with GameEX.

VCD is drive I:\ and Daemon is drive F:\

I am unsure what command line settings should be, so if anyone else uses a similar setup, I could use some help please.

Is your roms packed with pakiso or ecm tools?

If yes you will have to use an script to make this kind of roms work within GameEx.

I dont know how Virtual Clone drive works with GameEx.

In my setup I use Daemon Tools.

No sir, no pakiso or ecm tools. Mine are straight 7-zipped bin/cue

I prefer to use Daemon tools but am willing to use VCD. Whatever it takes to play PS1 in GameEX I will do.

I will keep experimenting until I get something that works.

Thanks in advance for help and advice :)

No sir, no pakiso or ecm tools. Mine are straight 7-zipped bin/cue

I prefer to use Daemon tools but am willing to use VCD. Whatever it takes to play PS1 in GameEX I will do.

I will keep experimenting until I get something that works.

Thanks in advance for help and advice :)

You have the same situation that I have with my Sega Saturn games.

All these are 7zipped.

So what I've done, I've made a batch file that does.

1- Unzip the game to a temp folder.

2- After this, I use the "dir" command with some triggers, just to show me the .cue file.

3- The output of "dir" is stored in a system variable.

4- Then I instruct daemon tools to mount the iso , based on the temp path + the variable.

5- The last step is call the emulator.

See if it can help you. If not I can provide my batch file.

Yeah some of this is way over my head. If you could please provide the batch I'm willing to give it a go.

Since GameEX has 7-zip support and already can unzip to unzipped folder I was assuming I just needed a specific command line that

uses,7-zip,Daemon,then launches epsxe.

Thanks alot for answering this thread :)

I have ePSXe running on my pc without using any batch files and have attached the - GameExConfig - .ini file I use. (Make sure you change the Rom / Snap / Working path to suit your system once imported into your - GameExConfig -)

You will need to change the - ZIP / 7-Zip / Goodmerge - option to - Yes - to use your 7-zipped games.

Use the latest version of ePSXe (1.7.0),

** EDIT **

No need to mount Games, just need to use *.cue in the Rom Filter option (as in the attached .ini)

ePSXe.zip

As I said , here comes the batch file.

# I dont know how those variables work at all. I used it from an script that I've found here in GameEx foruns.

# Link to the original post ( http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=6131&view=findpost&p=53432 )

@echo on

set directory=%1

set directory=%directory:~1,-1%

set file=%2

set file=%file:~1,-1%

# This Command tell Daemon Tools to unmount ANY ISO image that might be mounted

"D:\PROGRAMS\Daemon Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0

# This command clean the entire "D:\Temp" folder. This folder is used to Unzip the games.

del /Q d:\temp\*.*

# This command uses 7zip to unzip the especified game to the directory D:\Temp

d:\PROGRAMS\7-Zip\7z.exe x "%directory%\%file%" -oD:\TEMP

# Those "change dir commands are because sometimes the command line get lost. So you may have to run GameEx in debug mode

# to see where the batch is stopping. In my case it stops at D:\PROGRAMS\7-ZIP. So I use TWO "cd" commands to get back to

# the root drive that in my case is D:\

CD..

CD..

# After the TWO cd command you are at the root folder D:\ But you have to go to D:\TEMP folder. That is Where the ISO image # of the game is extracted, so another cd command

CD TEMP

#This dir command only outputs files that have the extension .cue than it saves the dir output in a file cue.txt

dir /D /B *.CUE>cue.txt

#This command READs the file cue.txt and stores it in a system variable called cueiso

set /P cueiso=<cue.txt

#this one is only usefull when in debug mode, it shows what is stored in the variable cueiso

echo %cueiso%

#this one tells Daemon tools to mount the ISO file based on the system variable#

"D:\PROGRAMS\Daemon Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0,"d:\temp\%cueiso%"

#At the end It calls the emulator#

"D:\EMULATORS\SEGA SATURN\SSF.exe"

In your case you may change the comand line for epsxe. I think its the same for ssf.exe. It's only a matter to call epsxe.

The GameEx command line will be like this

ePSXe.bat "[rompath]" "[romfile]"

I hope it helps!

If you have any trouble please let me know.

@Jollywest Thanks alot for the settings and the help, I appreciate it.

For some reason I'm still unsuccessful and I notice 7-zip screws up, because in the Unzipped7-Zip folder both the bin and cue files

are 1KB size 3 bytes. When GameEX is closed and I manually unzip then manually launch epsxe and choose run ISO, it works and gets me in game. I wish I could figure out why it doesn't successfully unzip from within GameEX. Depending on game it takes me manually sometimes a few minutes or more so would it be a timeout setting in GameEX shutting-down before the unzip operation completes?

If this setting exists how can I adjust it not to timeout?

@vsilvalopes thanks for the batch. I will try it as soon as my paths are copied into it. Thanks so much for that.

Does ePSXe.bat need to be in a specific place for GameEX to use it?

Try this:

In your gameex folder right click on 7za.exe, select properties, click compatibility and check run as administrator.

See if it works, it will take a little while for the games to unzip.

You could just unzip all your games first, bit of a chew if you have a lot of games, then change the 7zip option back to no.

Thanks very much for the helpful advice.

Unfortunately, I get the same result after making the change to check run as administrator. I get black screen for a minute then it exits back to GameEX menu with bin and cue 1KB.

My GameEX is installed to C:\GameEx

I need to see if this can be changed to perhaps my G:\ because windows can be picky about automated things happening in C:\ even if UAC is disabled.

Thanks alot for all the help. I'm gonna attempt a reinstall hopefully to different drive and hope that makes 7-zip work correctly.

I'm sure at this point the command line works 100%, Thank you for that :)

Almost on the way to getting this figured out.

Thanks very much for the helpful advice.

Unfortunately, I get the same result after making the change to check run as administrator. I get black screen for a minute then it exits back to GameEX menu with bin and cue 1KB.

My GameEX is installed to C:\GameEx

I need to see if this can be changed to perhaps my G:\ because windows can be picky about automated things happening in C:\ even if UAC is disabled.

Thanks alot for all the help. I'm gonna attempt a reinstall hopefully to different drive and hope that makes 7-zip work correctly.

I'm sure at this point the command line works 100%, Thank you for that :)

Almost on the way to getting this figured out.

Click on my signature, then on 'How to ask for help', and try the runitgame.bat method of troubleshooting.

Thank you for that Tempest,

Here is contents of run last game.bat

I don't even see it attempting a 7zip operation even though I registered my GameEX and GamesIn7Zips=True

Thanks too everyone who can help me figure this out, it's very much appreciated.

G:
CD "G:\EPSXE\EPSXE\ePSXe"

epsxe.exe -nogui -loadbin "G:\FTP\Server\PS1 games\Unzipped7-Zip\007 - The World Is Not Enough (USA).cue"

Not sure if it will help, but here is my .ini settings.

[Emulator_1]
Enabled=True
System=Sony Playstation
Category=Console
Emulator=ePSXe
Version=1.70
Rating=
DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/epsxe.7z
RequiredFiles=scph1001.bin (512kb)
Website=http://www.epsxe.com/
Info=Sony Playstation emulator
TitleText=Sony Playstation
StartPageName=Sony Playstation (ePSXe)
StartPageLogo=Sony Playstation
Command=ePSXe.exe -nogui -loadbin "[rompath]\[romfile]"
RomFilter=*.cue
Database=[Console] Sony Playstation
ConfigFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)
MapFile=[Console] Sony Playstation.map
RomPath=G:\FTP\Server\PS1 games
SnapPath=C:\Assets\Sony Playstation\Snaps
TitlePath=C:\Assets\Sony Playstation\Titles
BoxPath=C:\Assets\Sony Playstation\Boxes
CartPath=C:\Assets\Sony Playstation\Cartridges
ManualPath=C:\Assets\Sony Playstation\Manuals
ControlPanelPath=C:\Assets\Sony Playstation\Controls
WorkingPath=G:\EPSXE\EPSXE\ePSXe
MapKeys=True
WaitBeforeKeys=
SendKeys=
ReplaceDash=False
ReplaceUnder=True
Capitals=False
RemoveBrackets=True
ShowDesktop=True
Debug=False
AlsoLaunch=
LaunchBefore=
LaunchAfter=
ExcludedFiles=
CustomBackground=
PlayMusic=False
DontShowInfo=
PlaySelectionMusic=False
SelectionMusicFolder=
PCGame=False
GamesIn7Zips=True
PlayInScreenSaver=False
ShowMostPlayed=False
RandomMostPlayed=False
CDCheck=False
CDCheckFile=
RomsInFolders=True

... Unfortunately, I get the same result after making the change to check run as administrator. I get black screen for a minute then it exits back to GameEX menu with bin and cue 1KB ...

Pretty sure its normal for the bin and cue file to only be 1kb after you exit GameEx.

Have you run GameEx with the - Run As Administrator - unchecked in 7za.exe properties?

(I realise I said check the option in a previous post, but thats because I thought by default it came unchecked. I think its the other way around)

I also don't see that you are mounting the image. If you are not using Daemon Tools to Mount, then I belive the command line might be:

Command=ePSXe.exe -nogui -loadbin[-VIRTUALDRIVE-]

However the Setup Wizard shows it as:

Command=ePSXe.exe -nogui[-VIRTUALDRIVE-]

Also keep in mind that GameEx needs time to unzip the file.

While working on it, continue to troubleshoot using runitgame.bat as indicated in section 'b' of the tutorial I sent you to. By Inserting a pause into the file, you might be able to see exactly what is going on.

There is also a setting in the emulator config, 'Debug Mode'. which does pretty much the same thing.

Pretty sure its normal for the bin and cue file to only be 1kb after you exit GameEx.

Have you run GameEx with the - Run As Administrator - unchecked in 7za.exe properties?

Yes as soon as you posted I made the change to the 7za.exe properties, but same result happend. When choosing a .cue in GameEx the screen goes black for a moment then I get presented back in the GameEx menu again.

Two questions:

1. Is your executable in: G:\EPSXE\EPSXE\ePSXe (three layers of EPSXE folders?)

2. If you look in: G:\FTP\Server\PS1 games\Unzipped7-Zip is the cue file unzipped in that location? (It should be)

1. This is not correct. I have only 2 epsxe directories. G:\EPSXE\EPSXE the ePSXe.exe resides in G:\EPSXE\EPSXE

2 in Unzipped7-Zip directory is always the bin and cue both 1KB and 3 byte files.

I also don't see that you are mounting the image. If you are not using Daemon Tools to Mount, then I belive the command line might be:

Command=ePSXe.exe -nogui -loadbin[-VIRTUALDRIVE-]

However the Setup Wizard shows it as:

Command=ePSXe.exe -nogui[-VIRTUALDRIVE-]

Also keep in mind that GameEx needs time to unzip the file.

While working on it, continue to troubleshoot using runitgame.bat as indicated in section 'b' of the tutorial I sent you to. By Inserting a pause into the file, you might be able to see exactly what is going on.

There is also a setting in the emulator config, 'Debug Mode'. which does pretty much the same thing.

Interesting, I will try this approach because I don't really care if mounting is or is not used. As long as I can get games unzipped and running using GameEx is my priority. Perhaps for multi bin tracks mounting is a better solution anyway so I will work and try to achieve this. By putting [-VIRTUALDRIVE-] in command-line how are you telling GameEX which one you want used?

I have the Virtual clone drive defaulted from GameEx install and Daemon Tools Lite?

I'm currently working from home, but in 5-6 hours I will have time to tinker some more. Perhaps I will clean up some sub-directories so things are not so confusing and hopefully I will get results I'm looking for :)

Thanks so much for everyone willing to take time and assisting me with this problem. You guys are very much appreciated :)

Thank you very much Tempest. My working path was indeed incorrect and a re-run of the setup wizard pointing to the correct place

and using ePSXe.exe -nogui[-VIRTUALDRIVE-] allowed me to get in game with some images :)

Now that last of my problem. Some of my collection has multi track bin's which are not compatible with VCD

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2318/binsj.jpg

Launching with the command-line will produce a black screen forever. (I left it 30 minutes +)

However, Daemon can successfully mount cue that has multi track bin's so is the only way to create a bat file?

@vsilvalopes

I tried using your bat and replacing with my paths, but it always kicks me back to menu when picking a Game in GameEX. I think it hangs in the part where it executes the CD.. CD.. because I'm uncertain how to precisely make it jump to G:\temp

My directories are as follows.

C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe

C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe

G:\Temp

G:\EPSXE\EPSXE\ePSXe.exe

I appreciate everyone's advice and help. Because of that I can get in game with some images and I'm really appreciative of that.

Thanks everyone so much :)

@vsilvalopes

I tried using your bat and replacing with my paths, but it always kicks me back to menu when picking a Game in GameEX. I think it hangs in the part where it executes the CD.. CD.. because I'm uncertain how to precisely make it jump to G:\temp

Hi !

As I said before, after you setting up the batch file, put your PSX config in GameEx on debug mode.

So you will be able to see every step of the batch file.

After looking your paths, I think that you only need ONE "cd" command.

But don't worry about the "cd" command itself. You have to figure out how to get on your temp dir.

Hope that helps.

If not please let me know.

Ok Tempest, Thank you for that thread and I think we are really close now to getting this running, After using those settings I'm getting an error.

Manually unzipping a multi track bin/cue, mounting with DTLite.exe and choosing run CDROM option is successful getting in game.

My settings are identical from other thread except some directories. I also tinkered around and tried different things but no success yet.

Command Line EPSXE.EXE -NOGUI -CDROM F (my Daemon is Device 0: [F] )

Launch Before: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0,"[RomPath]\[RomFile]""

Launch After: "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0

here is what's in Runitgame.bat

G:
CD "G:\EPSXE\EPSXE"
@echo.
@echo ""c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -mount 0,"G:\FTP\seedbox\[Redump.org] PSX (NTSC-U)\Unzipped7-Zip\Castlevania - Symphony of the Night (USA).cue""
@echo.
@echo.
@echo epsxe.exe -nogui -cdrom f
@echo.
@echo "c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -unmount 0
@echo.
PAUSE
""c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -mount 0,"G:\FTP\seedbox\[Redump.org] PSX (NTSC-U)\Unzipped7-Zip\Castlevania - Symphony of the Night (USA).cue""
epsxe.exe -nogui -cdrom f
"c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -unmount 0

Also, he is a screen shot of cmd window debug mode on.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1151/dosw.jpg

Many thanks too everyone willing to help me figure this out. I really appreciate you guys :)

SUCCESS it's fixed by doing some searching :)

Command=EPSXE.EXE -NOGUI -CDROM F

LaunchBefore=""C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -mount 0,"[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]""

LaunchAfter=cmd /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\DAEMON Tools Lite\DTLite.exe" -unmount 0

Thanks everyone for the help :)