All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Seperate Emulator Setup

kewlkat007

Hey I just setup like 13 Emulators on GamerEX but I wanted to separate Sega Model 2 from the predetermined setup with all the MAME folders.

How do you setup a blank Emulator? seems like there are predefined Emulators on the list during the "Emulator Setup" section of the Wizard.

The thing is, without having to scroll through all Mame games to find my SEGA Model 2 games is the problem. I'll probably do the same with Zinc if there is a solution.

I also run Sega Model 2 as a seperate emulator. I've attached my Sega Model 2 .ini file for Adv Config and a map file for user friendly rom names.

If you use this map file, then all you have to do when choosing your Rom Path for this Emulator is select your MAME rom path.

SegaM2.rar

Sweet...I've never actually used a preconfigured file for my Emus...how do you implement this into gameEx settings....

So drop the .map file here"C:\GameEx\MAP FILES"

and the .ini file here "C:\GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS\IMPORT-EXPORT"

Thanks again,

I also run Sega Model 2 as a seperate emulator. I've attached my Sega Model 2 .ini file for Adv Config and a map file for user friendly rom names.

If you use this map file, then all you have to do when choosing your Rom Path for this Emulator is select your MAME rom path.

So I did exactly that as what I posed(Still not sure it is correct locations and such) but now the games which used to play when I selected them under MAME, is just now blank when I click on it to play it under

the new Emulator selection screen...

If you open up GameExConfig.exe in your GameEx Directory (C:\GameEx)

Click on next page till you get to Emulator 1, Emulator 2 etc...

Click on your 1st empty emulator slot (eg. Emulator 14 if you have 13 already setup)

Click on Import and navigate to the .ini file I attached (C:\GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS\IMPORT-EXPORT)

You wil have to change your Rom Path to where you have your Mame Roms installed (eg. C:\Emulators\Mame\Roms)

Change the Working Dir to where you have Sega Model 2 installed (eg. C:\Emulators\Sega Model 2)

Click on Next Page, Find the option Map File, click on this options browse button and navigate to the .map file I attached (C:\GameEx\MAP FILES)

Save and Exit.

Run Sega Model 2 outside of GameEx and under the video tab turn on - Auto Switch to Fullscreen -

Run GameEx.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Thanks a lot... I never knew where to put these files. On another note.. I notice I have around 53 SEGA Model 2 roms..but only 30 shows up on the GameEX selection screen? Is there a setting I'm missing?

If you open up GameExConfig.exe in your GameEx Directory (C:\GameEx)

Click on next page till you get to Emulator 1, Emulator 2 etc...

Click on your 1st empty emulator slot (eg. Emulator 14 if you have 13 already setup)

Click on Import and navigate to the .ini file I attached (C:\GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS\IMPORT-EXPORT)

You wil have to change your Rom Path to where you have your Mame Roms installed (eg. C:\Emulators\Mame\Roms)

Change the Working Dir to where you have Sega Model 2 installed (eg. C:\Emulators\Sega Model 2)

Click on Next Page, Find the option Map File, click on this options browse button and navigate to the .map file I attached (C:\GameEx\MAP FILES)

Save and Exit.

Run Sega Model 2 outside of GameEx and under the video tab turn on - Auto Switch to Fullscreen -

Run GameEx.

Hey Thanks a lot... I never knew where to put these files. On another note.. I notice I have around 53 SEGA Model 2 roms..but only 30 shows up on the GameEX selection screen? Is there a setting I'm missing?

There are quite a few versions of the same game with the Sega Model 2 emulator and I've only put 30 games in the .map file so there is only 1 version of each game (Just for a more clean looking list). Edit the .map file with Notepad if you want to add more clones.

Sounds good meng... I didn't know thre were many versions. I just seem many Roms...haha and was like I'm only seeing 30. Are there more Map files out there for Nintendo and Atari...my roms names for them comes up short. Maybe someone have created a clean list or something. Though most do not have complete roms.

My next setup will be Zinc, should I do that separately or just use the built in setup?

There are quite a few versions of the same game with the Sega Model 2 emulator and I've only put 30 games in the .map file so there is only 1 version of each game (Just for a more clean looking list). Edit the .map file with Notepad if you want to add more clones.

Sounds good meng... I didn't know thre were many versions. I just seem many Roms...haha and was like I'm only seeing 30. Are there more Map files out there for Nintendo and Atari...my roms names for them comes up short. Maybe someone have created a clean list or something. Though most do not have complete roms.

My next setup will be Zinc, should I do that separately or just use the built in setup?

I don't have Atari setup on my system and I don't use a .map file for my Nintendo Emulators, but you may find them in the pinned topic

User Submitted Configs, Map Files, Wrappers and Databases (Uploads)

Otherwise perhaps someone who has the Emulators set up with .map files could upload.

As for Zinc, I set it up through the built-in setup but I found that these games ran quicker for me just through MAME, think this is system dependant though. Can anyone else confirm this is the case?

MAP files will only display the roms listed in the MAP file. So since that MAP file was filtered, it will only display those 30. If you want the MAP file for a full set then they can be found in the stickied submission thread. Also there is a link to my posts in my signature.

As far as MAP files for Nintendo and Atari, they are not really necessary. How are you rom names coming up short? Please give more detail. If you just want to show all your roms in the list then just let GameEx generate the MAP file for you. If you want a filtered listing (e.g. region, language, no clones, etc.) then that's where a MAP file would be useful. If you want something within that scope then let me know.

Now for ZiNc. That really depends on you. I have them setup both ways for reason of support here in the forums. The easiest method is to use the GameEx integration. GameEx does a wonderful job of integrating ZiNc.

As for Zinc, I set it up through the built-in setup but I found that these games ran quicker for me just through MAME, think this is system dependant though. Can anyone else confirm this is the case?

It really would be system dependant in that case for some roms. However, many of the same roms are listed as imperfect in MAME which is why there is the option of using ZiNc to run them in GameEx instead of MAME.