All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NullDC Loader For 1.0.4

Stu1983

I couldn't find any loader for the latest NullDC so I thought I'd make my own

The loader works perfect for me on 2 computers if I run it via a batch file but anytime I run it via GameEx NullDC crashes instantly.

I really can't understand it, after it crashes and returns to GameEx I can minimize GameEx and run the RunLastGame.bat and everything will work perfect but for some reason when GameEx tries to run it by itself it fails miserably

I've included the ahk script and compiled exe

Just pass the name of the image and it will set a few settings in nullDC.cfg and start "nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe"

StartNullDC.exe "[ROMPath]\[RomFile]"

Advanced Config: [Mapping Off] Exit (ALT+F4)

Stu

StartNullDC.zip

Nice! I just actually stated to try NullDC recently and it works great by itself, but I will give your script a try out and see what it does on my system :)

UPDATE: Your script doesn't work at all ... starts nulldc then exits back to GameEx then my screen went black. My dreamcast games are in .gdi format if that matters at all :(

Why a loader? Null DC works without one. Just curious :)

How?

I don't see any command line options for the latest version.

It would certainly save me a lot of bother if it does.

Stu

Yea DJ Infinity is right ... you don't need a loader. You just need to have certain options enabled in nullDC configuration file and have the right command line in Adv Config.

I've attached the nullDC .ini file I use and the nullDC .cfg file which resides in the nullDC working directory.

nullDC ini & cfg.rar

Yea DJ Infinity is right ... you don't need a loader. You just need to have certain options enabled in nullDC configuration file and have the right command line in Adv Config.

I've attached the nullDC .ini file I use and the nullDC .cfg file which resides in the nullDC working directory.

nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe -config ImageReader:DefaultImage="[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

Well I'll be damned, I coulda swore I tried that command last night and it didn't work for me so I assumed it had been done away with in the latest version but I just tried it again it works perfect :)

Now I wish I hadn't wasted the last 1.5hrs getting my own loader working turns out I was using AutoHotKeys RUN command instead of RUNWAIT

Oh well at least I got that feeling of achievement before releasing it was a waste of time :)

Thanks

Stu

LOL. Never a waste of time when learning things. Just wish you would have posted before starting it. :P

I haven't written a wrapper for NullDC in a long time but how were you having problems in needing to use the RUNWAIT command instead of RUN?

LOL. Never a waste of time when learning things. Just wish you would have posted before starting it. :P

I haven't written a wrapper for NullDC in a long time but how were you having problems in needing to use the RUNWAIT command instead of RUN?

When I started NullDC using RUN then the script started NullDC ok but then the script closes and GameEx tries to return to fullscreen which caused NullDC to crap itself and crash.

By using RUNWAIT to launch NullDC then the script remains open until NullDC closes and GameEx and NullDC get along merrily :)

Stu

When I started NullDC using RUN then the script started NullDC ok but then the script closes and GameEx tries to return to fullscreen which caused NullDC to crap itself and crash.

By using RUNWAIT to launch NullDC then the script remains open until NullDC closes and GameEx and NullDC get along merrily :)

Stu

Ahhh ok. I tend to use ProcessWaitClose in AutoIt, don't know the syntax for AutoHotKey off hand. The reason I use that instead of RunWait is because there might need to be more steps to be done after running the emulator (e.g. setting fullscreen, inputting the rom name, etc.). If you use RunWait then the script will pause till the emulator is closed and then won't run anything needed after that.