All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Visual Pinball 9

Krakerman

Anyone able to get Visual Pinball 9 tables to auto load and run in GameEx? If so how? I got VP8 to work great using just vpt file as it auto launches the tables but that doesn't work with VP9.

Anyone able to get Visual Pinball 9 tables to auto load and run in GameEx? If so how? I got VP8 to work great using just vpt file as it auto launches the tables but that doesn't work with VP9.

I have it working fine here after testing with version 9.0.7 using the following:

VPinball907.exe -play -"[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

If you're using a different version then please state it so that I can test. It's the same command line parameters I've used in the past. :blink:

:)

One ? thou as I am confused why anyone would wrtite a wrapper for VP when all you need is that cmd line? Is it because they didn't want to see the loading interface of VP when it boots up? Just curious I suppose.

For me anyways, I need the wrapper to even use VP. Without it, my scoreboard (or the whole vPinMAME app generally) doesn't load at all for VPinMAME tables and none of the keys are responsive so I couldn't play it even if I wanted to. I also need it to automate the whole "click here if you own this table" and whatever other message pops up upon loading. Even with the wrapper, I still have to do a table reset for it to layer the way it should, otherwise for some reason the scoreboard will sit underneath everything else (like vPinMAME seems to load behind the table instead of over top of it). At least VPinMAME loads using the wrapper (realistically it's not too hard to do a sendkeys to press F5 after 60 seconds), I was having a hell of a go at trying to get things to work before the "wrapper from heaven" came along and I gave up on it entirely. Which was a shame since I really love playing Millionaire and The Addams Family (even though sometimes it stutters which I had to increase the app's priority to get around so tables are at least playable).

Add that to my seemingly endless list of problems I have on my cab. Although I'm really starting to think that my 9 or 10 year old computer simply isn't doing the job anymore. Otherwise it's tough to explain why I have such weird problems that no one else can seem to duplicate. *shrugs*

:)

One ? thou as I am confused why anyone would wrtite a wrapper for VP when all you need is that cmd line? Is it because they didn't want to see the loading interface of VP when it boots up? Just curious I suppose.

It depends on the wrapper you're referring to. The original one included with GameEx was required previously and was used when PinMAME tables were used. I haven't really set those up so not sure if it's still required. I know Tempest wrote one to hide the loading interface. I say if it works without then don't use. ;)