All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PCSX2 New Version *Working Loader*

Krakerman

Anyone get the newest version that just came out to work with GameEx at all. The older beta version works fine, but the newest one that just came out doesn't work with GameEx command line option I guess.

btw here is the link http://pcsx2.net/

I saw that it was out and thinking of testing it out.

Id like to get this figured out by the end of the week.

Brian

Anyone get the newest version that just came out to work with GameEx at all. The older beta version works fine, but the newest one that just came out doesn't work with GameEx command line option I guess.

btw here is the link http://pcsx2.net/

Taken from the readme:

Known issues of beta release 0.9.7

Multitap not implemented yet

Command line support not implemented yet

GSdx DX9 Hardware mode lacks various features

Translation system not implemented yet

Game database not complete

Patches browser not implemented yet

Note the text highlighted in blue. ;)

It doesn't work with the loader either but new rev's are being released all the time so the functionality should come back soon.

I plan on grabbing this version by the weekend and making a new loader. I just need to find my Bios images.

-Brian

New Loader. Virtually untested due to the fact I don't have any Ps2 games on my pc.

This is for the PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3113) ONLY.

Any takers?

Unzip and drop the loader in you PCSX2 install folder.

Gameex command

Pcsx2_Loader.exe "[rompath]\[romfile]"

If anyone tries it please report back.

Brian

EDIT: Download removed, see newer post for new version.

Works, but no fullscreen (I can't seem to get this version of PCSX2 to work in fullscreen even thou I have the box checked for fullscreen, bug maybe or not implemented) and also even thou I set my PCSX2 folder to say g:\PCSX2 0.9.7 your loader is looking for it in C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7

With that said it did run the game thou once I moved my PCSX2 folder.

Works, but no fullscreen (I can't seem to get this version of PCSX2 to work in fullscreen even thou I have the box checked for fullscreen, bug maybe or not implemented) and also even thou I set my PCSX2 folder to say g:\PCSX2 0.9.7 your loader is looking for it in C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 0.9.7

With that said it did run the game thou once I moved my PCSX2 folder.

GREAT!!!! I fixed the directory problem. That was my mistake.. I have a 64bit OS.

New version attached. Please feel free to try some more..

Does ALT+ENTER make it go fullscreen?

EDIT, ALT ENTER does go fullscreen

New version, cleaned up. Maybe fullscreen too

Now the screen is just black even thou i have show desktop enabled but I can here PCSX2 running just can't see anything. The directory is fixed now thou :)

Also Pressing the ESC key will not return back to GameEx even thou I have that enabled as well

Now the screen is just black even thou i have show desktop enabled but I can here PCSX2 running just can't see anything. The directory is fixed now thou :)

Also Pressing the ESC key will not return back to GameEx even thou I have that enabled as well

That is my loader hiding the window actions, obviously something is not being completed because it should unhide itself. I reverted some code. Wanna give it another shot?

Edit: Loader Removed. TEST VERSION

I can see the screen again, but no fullscreen and my keyboard does nothing so I can't exit back to GameEx and also can't do alt+enter to goto fullscreen. Works outside of GameEx with out your loader.

It's like the loader has disabled the keyboard or something I have to do a CTRL+ALT+DELETE and exit PCSX2 and then hit ESC to return to GameEx

I can see the screen again, but no fullscreen and my keyboard does nothing so I can't exit back to GameEx and also can't do alt+enter to goto fullscreen. Works outside of GameEx with out your loader.

It's like the loader has disabled the keyboard or something I have to do a CTRL+ALT+DELETE and exit PCSX2 and then hit ESC to return to GameEx

Yes, my loader works by taking your command line argument, blocking the keys and pasting it in to the open rom dialog box. I have keys blocked becuase most use keyboard encoders, so if any keys are being pressed it can affect the loader. So again the black screen and blocked keys are my loader.

Try this one. If it does not work I will find my games rip one to my PC and then post a fully tested loader.

:)

Loader Removed.

Same problem. With not being able to use the keyboard you can't switch to fullscreen and exit the emulator for that matter.

I'm not using a keyboard encoder as GameEx is setup as an entertainment media center on my big screen LCD TV

Same problem. With not being able to use the keyboard you can't switch to fullscreen and exit the emulator for that matter.

Ok, Here is a bare bones loader. Blocking disabled. Im ripping a game now. My next version should be final.

Cheers.

Ok works and loads to fullscreen automatically!! Very nice, but now when I hit The ESC key to return to GameEx it shows the PCSX2 window screen and when I hit ESC again it the screen goes black and just freezes. I have to CTRL+ALT+DELETE again and close PCSX2 and GameEx to return to the desktop.

Ok, I see the issue.

The problem is when you first INSTALL/USE/Reset settings. It will ask you for the ISO image when you select SYSTEM>RebootCDVD Full.

This is where it is INJECTING your game.

However, after you choose a game, any subsequent launches load the same game and you have to use a diffrent menu to choose another game.

So I will have to rewrite the loader. And a user must have loaded a game once outside gameex for it to work.

I will report back soon.

-Brian

:)

Wow, Well this was a little more fun than I thought. The emulator was affecting the keys. It only seemed to release them after pressing CTRL and ALT, very weird.

Also the send ALT Enter was a little buggy using the Send command, Send input seems more reliable.

This version works for me, thats all I can say. Please give it a whirl.

ESC closes the process properly now.

LOADER MOVED HERE

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=8670&view=findpost&p=63753

Worked this time all except it didn't go to full screen when you run it, but was able to do ALT+ENTER to enable it. Pressing ESC did exit this time to GameEx :) Now I just need to tweak PCSX2 a bit as it seems a bit slower than the older version. Need to mess with the settings a bit.

Great Job Brian!! Appreciate the hard work to try to get this up and running.

Worked this time all except it didn't go to full screen when you run it, but was able to do ALT+ENTER to enable it. Pressing ESC did exit this time to GameEx :) Now I just need to tweak PCSX2 a bit as it seems a bit slower than the older version. Need to mess with the settings a bit.

Great Job Brian!! Appreciate the hard work to try to get this up and running.

Well it was only a couple hours, mainly because I didn't want to dig out a game. Now that I did, Kingdom Hearts 2 runs fullspeed on my PC. So it was a WIN WIN.

I am attaching a different version that uses the other send method for full screen. Otherwise the loaders are the same. So maybe this will work better for some.

So I believe it is done. For all we know the version that supports CLI may be released next week or next year.

-PCSX_LOADER ALT uses Sendinput to make it go into Fullscreen (Worked for me win7 64 bit)

-PCSX_LOADER uses Send to make it go into Fullscreen (Worked better for some users)

Also remember GAMEEX can send keys too, so effectively Gameex can make it go fullscreen.

EDIT: If a few more can confirm this works ok I think we can add this to our sticky and the setup wizard.

-Brian

PCSX2_LOADER ALT.zip

PCSX2_LOADER.zip

Does the program on this thread work?

Also I read on there that the iso is stored in a registry key so perhaps that is a better way to enter the name without pasting it into the dialog?

That App does look interesting, This version has a file that enables per game fixes based on the label of the disc. When it finds a match it uses the correct fixes. The program you refer too is similar but uses separate inis per game title. It may achieve the same thing. However to be honest I have no clue if it works or not.

In regards to the Reg thing it very subjective. No doubt it would be more efficient, however from what I read the reg key is plugin in specific. So if the user is using a different plugin it may not work. So, it may be as quirky as the wait for win title approach.

No doubt it would be much faster of a loader. I was not aware that it stored the info in the registry. However I didn't go hunting in my reg either, nor in the config ini.

It is 12:35 AM here and I am a bit tired. I will look into this a more Sunday.

Thanks for the tip about the reg, it could be more efficient that way.

-Brian

What setting do you have in PCSX2 to make it run faster/smoother? Seems too me that my older version is running way faster than this one so not quite sure what I have checked that is making it run so slow (It's not my computer thats for sure) :)

Btw the ALT version didn't go fullscreen and I'm on Win 7 x64 but your other version did and worked great Brian, thanks! Now I just need to get PCSX2 to run fast like my older version :)

What setting do you have in PCSX2 to make it run faster/smoother? Seems too me that my older version is running way faster than this one so not quite sure what I have checked that is making it run so slow (It's not my computer thats for sure) :)

Btw the ALT version didn't go fullscreen and I'm on Win 7 x64 but your other version did and worked great Brian, thanks! Now I just need to get PCSX2 to run fast like my older version :)

Its probably not my settings as much as it is my PC. I have an I7 Processor, 9 gb memory, a Geforce 275.