All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Overwrite warning when trying to setup emulators

skitzes

I'm a noob having a problem adding emulators. At the emulator selection part of the setup wizard the instructions say to copy the emus you want from the right column to the left. No problem adding the 1st (Stella). When I try to add a 2nd (Nestopia) it pops up asking if I want to "Overwrite Console Atari 2600 (Stella) with Console Nintendo NES (Nestopia)?". So I can't seem to add any additional emus without overwriting whats already in slot 1. What am i missing? Thanks in advance for any help.

Actually I see what your saying. Try unchecking box 1 Stella and select box 2 for the next emulator to move over to that slot. As you can see you have 1, 2,and 3 selected only select 1 at a time.

no actualy the check mark is for enabling and disabling the diferent emulators

all you have to do is high light the line you want to put the new emulator in to then select the emulator and click the arrow to the left

And by the way... The pull-down menu he's referring to is in the Advanced Setup (Start->All Programs->GameEx->Advanced Setup) menu. I had my system set up long before the Setup Wizard came into the game (which you are using by the pic you attached) so I'm not sure but I don't think that it operates in the same way. Of course I've been known to be wrong a time or twenty (especially lately) so someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

PS: Even us seasoned GameEx users are noobs since Tom cranks out updates and new features quicker than my dog tries to attack the UPS truck, so never feel ashamed to ask questions. We were all in that position one time! Especially since there are so many things you can do!

Welcome to the GameEx community, and remember you can count on us. This support system may be the best anywhere. You'll be a pro in no time. ;)

I personally use the gameex config program instead of the Setup Wizard as it has a bigger interface for my big screen and it's easier on my eyes for setting up my emulators and it has an import emulator feature in it as well which you are trying to do.

^^ What he said... And I hate trying to re-learn what I already knew (damn C# !!!)

And by the way... The pull-down menu he's referring to is in the Advanced Setup (Start->All Programs->GameEx->Advanced Setup) menu. I had my system set up long before the Setup Wizard came into the game (which you are using by the pic you attached) so I'm not sure but I don't think that it operates in the same way. Of course I've been known to be wrong a time or twenty (especially lately) so someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

PS: Even us seasoned GameEx users are noobs since Tom cranks out updates and new features quicker than my dog tries to attack the UPS truck, so never feel ashamed to ask questions. We were all in that position one time! Especially since there are so many things you can do!

Welcome to the GameEx community, and remember you can count on us. This support system may be the best anywhere. You'll be a pro in no time. ;)

actually if you go to emulator setup in the wizard it does have the same drop menu as the advanced Configure tool

Edited by smd111