All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Issue with Steam and GameEx

Krakerman

I am having troubles with Steam Apps and GameEx. I am able to run Steam games using shortcuts thru GameEx, but the problem lies when I try to close them as it exits back to the desktop and the focus doesn't return to GameEx. I want to keep steam running in the background all the time. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

When you run a game that uses a wrapper, GameEx will wait for the launching application to close before it takes focus back. In some cases, this means that GameEx will steal focus from a game shortly after launch (if the launcher closes after launching the game). In other cases, GameEx never takes focus back (in the case where a launcher remains running until it is manually killed...sorta like a service). It sounds like in this case you want to watch a different process than the one that's used to launch a game. If so, you need to look in the Advanced Emulator Config file that you are using and add a different process to the list that GameEx will check.

Figured it out!! :)

Created an advanced config file that looks for the processes of the particular game that I am running when it closes then it exits back to GameEx (works great).

Thanks for the tips guys.