All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NEWS: GameEx 10.41 Released

Tom Speirs

9th March, 2010 - GameEx 10.41

The MAME list updating now does a more thorough search for recommended and games in series.

In addition, when updating the MAME list - MAME32 favorites and custom lists are loaded at the start and any games in these lists are now forced to be present, overriding any other filters.

There is a new "remove duplicates/clean list" feature which defaults to on if using a game filter and clones. This produces a clean list of games for MAME, and is more like what I intended from the beginning for GameEx MAME support. Supporting clones but a filtered list.

Video box art downloading was broken and is now fixed.

Another new feature is now GameEx will try to download a description for DVDs and Videos.

When in thumbnail view, video and DVD preview thumbs will be created even if the preview videos setting is off. In addition if it cannot create a preview thumb it will not try again.

The preview videos feature has been extended to allow not previewing for DVDs and large video files (ie HD).

When selecting ebooks, pictures or videos, GameEx will now navigate directly to within the folder if you only have one path setup.

Note: If you are upgrading, the new features are configurable.

Thanks for the update. I have 2 questions though: 1.) For videos, what if we have our own box art? could we use that instead? The reason is I have Gladiator (2000) with Russell Crowe but I am seeing Gladiator with Cuba Gooding Jr. I have also alot of director's cuts named for that video and the box art is not showing up. 2.) will there be analog, bumper, & left & right trigger support for a game using joy mapping in the advance config? I hate to open up third party tools like pinnacle or xpadder. I also hate having 2 programs open along with the emulator. Oh, I use an Xbox 360 controller.

Thanks for the update. I have 2 questions though: 1.) For videos, what if we have our own box art? could we use that instead? The reason is I have Gladiator (2000) with Russell Crowe but I am seeing Gladiator with Cuba Gooding Jr. I have also alot of director's cuts named for that video and the box art is not showing up. 2.) will there be analog, bumper, & left & right trigger support for a game using joy mapping in the advance config? I hate to open up third party tools like pinnacle or xpadder. I also hate having 2 programs open along with the emulator. Oh, I use an Xbox 360 controller.

As for 1) yes you can already do this just replace the artwork downloaded. New Box art is downloaded to MEDIA\DVD. Note: paths may have changed a bit. I thought it looked in the old folders first, but maybe not. Thats probably why its not showing up.

2) A Good feature request, and noted.

As for 1) yes you can already do this just replace the artwork downloaded. New Box art is downloaded to MEDIA\DVD. Note: paths may have changed a bit. I thought it looked in the old folders first, but maybe not. Thats probably why its not showing up.

2) A Good feature request, and noted.

Cool. Thanks Mister Speirs. I hope #2 gets implemented soon... if you do decide to do it. ;)