All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Last few tweaks...

lastcallhall

Frequency, if you're reading this and have an answer, my thanks in advance - I owe you a ton for helping me out with this.

Here goes. I finally got everything configured to my liking, fired it up and when I launch my CPS I or CPS 2 option (they're both tied to the same emulator, kawaks), gameex shows a list of every game Kawaks supports, not the ones that I have (I stripped down all the clone files). Is there any way for gameex to show what I have in my directories as opposed to what it supports? I've checked all the settings and I'm at a loss. It's this and somehow getting my epsxe emulator to boot directly to the cd drive and I'm done. Thanks!

Frequency, if you're reading this and have an answer, my thanks in advance - I owe you a ton for helping me out with this.

Here goes. I finally got everything configured to my liking, fired it up and when I launch my CPS I or CPS 2 option (they're both tied to the same emulator, kawaks), gameex shows a list of every game Kawaks supports, not the ones that I have (I stripped down all the clone files). Is there any way for gameex to show what I have in my directories as opposed to what it supports? I've checked all the settings and I'm at a loss. It's this and somehow getting my epsxe emulator to boot directly to the cd drive and I'm done. Thanks!

Are you using a MAP file and that's how it's generating the name of the rom? If so then turn that off and try using the [Arcade] MAME database found in the Emulator Setup section. Or I can always whip up something for you to only list the games you have in your drive. Please be more specific how your loading these. As 2 different emulators? Maybe post some configs so I can see what you're doin.

Are you using a MAP file and that's how it's generating the name of the rom? If so then turn that off and try using the [Arcade] MAME database found in the Emulator Setup section. Or I can always whip up something for you to only list the games you have in your drive. Please be more specific how your loading these. As 2 different emulators? Maybe post some configs so I can see what you're doin.

Off the top of my head (I'm at work), I'm not using using a MAP file of any sort. Essentially, what I did was the same thing I did for my Neo Geo section (although now I have reservations about how that one is set up too, seeing as how it's also using it's own copy of Kawaks and I haven't looked into it too much) - I created 2 separate directories for CPS I & CPS II, and in those directories I placed the ROMs that I wanted into them. In addition, I set up Kawaks in it's own directory to run the CPS I & II games. Both of the entries in GameEx are set to run off of that one emulator, but should be accessing their own particular directory of ROMs to pull from. However, whenever I launch either the CPS I or CPS II option inside of GameEx, it brings up a list of 200+ games, when I should only have around 30-40. From what I can tell, it lists every CPS I, II, and Neo Geo game to choose from, and I have no idea how it's coming up with that list, since the "full" set of Kawaks roms is somewhere in the 300's (I checked). So I'm really baffled as to where GameEx is pulling these ROMs from, as I believe that to be the source of my problems. I get home later tonight, if you need some config files, let me know and I'll post them asap. Thanks again.

Off the top of my head (I'm at work), I'm not using using a MAP file of any sort. Essentially, what I did was the same thing I did for my Neo Geo section (although now I have reservations about how that one is set up too, seeing as how it's also using it's own copy of Kawaks and I haven't looked into it too much) - I created 2 separate directories for CPS I & CPS II, and in those directories I placed the ROMs that I wanted into them. In addition, I set up Kawaks in it's own directory to run the CPS I & II games. Both of the entries in GameEx are set to run off of that one emulator, but should be accessing their own particular directory of ROMs to pull from. However, whenever I launch either the CPS I or CPS II option inside of GameEx, it brings up a list of 200+ games, when I should only have around 30-40. From what I can tell, it lists every CPS I, II, and Neo Geo game to choose from, and I have no idea how it's coming up with that list, since the "full" set of Kawaks roms is somewhere in the 300's (I checked). So I'm really baffled as to where GameEx is pulling these ROMs from, as I believe that to be the source of my problems. I get home later tonight, if you need some config files, let me know and I'll post them asap. Thanks again.

What the looks of it then a MAP file is being called for the list and listing every game for that emulator. This might happen if using GameEx to download the emulator as well. Yes, when you get home post the configs so I can verify and we'll get you sorted out. Also I sent you a PM so check your inbox.

Hi !

I´ve run in the same problem last month.

What I´ve done is , I´ve created new Map Files (One for CPS-1, one for CPS-2 and one for NeoGeo).

I have this ones ready at home (i´m at work now).

As soon I arrive home I will post it.

Hi !

I´ve run in the same problem last month.

What I´ve done is , I´ve created new Map Files (One for CPS-1, one for CPS-2 and one for NeoGeo).

I have this ones ready at home (i´m at work now).

As soon I arrive home I will post it.

Thanks vsilvalopes! That might help but the user stripped down the clones so your list might not match. Best thing to do is use the MAME database and if that doesn't work with the name of roms then it's best to generate a map file based off just the files you physically have in your hard drive.

Thanks to the both of you.

I've uploaded my config and map folders to rapidshare at the following link:

Config & Map Folders

I'll take a look at the CPS files and see if I can't figure this out on my own, now that I have an idea where to start.

Again, thanks for all the help!

EDIT: So, I looked at the MAP file for Kawaks and I see how I need to edit the roms to match what's in my directories. My problem is, is that I have a CPS I button and a CPS II button inside GameEx that use the same Emu. Is there a way to differentiate between the two when choosing in GameEx, or am I going to have to set up 2 seperate emulators for this?

Thanks to the both of you.

I've uploaded my config and map folders to rapidshare at the following link:

Config & Map Folders

I'll take a look at the CPS files and see if I can't figure this out on my own, now that I have an idea where to start.

Again, thanks for all the help!

EDIT: So, I looked at the MAP file for Kawaks and I see how I need to edit the roms to match what's in my directories. My problem is, is that I have a CPS I button and a CPS II button inside GameEx that use the same Emu. Is there a way to differentiate between the two when choosing in GameEx, or am I going to have to set up 2 seperate emulators for this?

Well generally I just organize by emulator and have that emulator load all those roms since that's how they're built. But I have been wanting to organize my setup by system as well. So having as 2 separate emulators is the way to go.

The info you sent doesn't really help me. Read Tempest's How to ask for help thread found here to export your emulator config so we can see exactly what you're doing for future reference. The map file lists all the roms for that system and not what you have. So again I suggest using the mame database instead of a map file. If the mame database doesn't work for you then I can generate a map file for you based off the roms in your folder. First try the database. If that doesn't give you the results you're after then tell me and I'll give you instructions on how to get me what I need to make you your map files.

Well generally I just organize by emulator and have that emulator load all those roms since that's how they're built. But I have been wanting to organize my setup by system as well. So having as 2 separate emulators is the way to go.

The info you sent doesn't really help me. Read Tempest's How to ask for help thread found here to export your emulator config so we can see exactly what you're doing for future reference. The map file lists all the roms for that system and not what you have. So again I suggest using the mame database instead of a map file. If the mame database doesn't work for you then I can generate a map file for you based off the roms in your folder. First try the database. If that doesn't give you the results you're after then tell me and I'll give you instructions on how to get me what I need to make you your map files.

I got it up and running. Just because I didn't point to a MAP file doesn't mean the FE won't use one...

So, I cleared it out, and voila, my games are there.

As it stands, I'm up and running as close to perfect as I'm gonna get. I'm disabling PS1 emulation because there's too many variables in even the most stable emulators for it to be worthwhile. There's an odd quirk where some of my Atari 7800 games won't run on the emu but only when the controller is enabled - no big deal. Thank you all for your help, especially Frequency - hopefully I can pass on the info when needed.

I got it up and running. Just because I didn't point to a MAP file doesn't mean the FE won't use one...

So, I cleared it out, and voila, my games are there.

As it stands, I'm up and running as close to perfect as I'm gonna get. I'm disabling PS1 emulation because there's too many variables in even the most stable emulators for it to be worthwhile. There's an odd quirk where some of my Atari 7800 games won't run on the emu but only when the controller is enabled - no big deal. Thank you all for your help, especially Frequency - hopefully I can pass on the info when needed.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it uses one when setting up from GameEx instead of on your own. So setting up that emulator will apply the necessary map file. Glad you got it sorted out. As far as the Atari there are many emulators out there so might wanna try a different one since that one is giving you issues. Let us know if you have any other questions. Have fun!