All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Display Image BEFORE launch a ROM

vsilvalopes

Hi Everyone !

My question is , Is possible to display a screen right before you hit "Play this Game"

My idea is to display a disclaimer before a game starts.

Then pressing any key , the game starts.

Here comes my inspiration !

339220955_0463ac831c.jpg

Is this possible?

Thanks !

You should be able to do this by setting the control panel art path for the emu. You can specify a single image. Actually that would be after hitting "Play This Game".

But it would show before the emulator starts. I believe it has an automatic timeout of ~ 10 seconds.

You should be able to do this by setting the control panel art path for the emu. You can specify a single image. Actually that would be after hitting "Play This Game".

Not to steal this thread, but expand on Tom's response some more...

How can a specify a single image for control panels? Can this be done on a per emulator level?

Can you have a default control panel image that is loaded unless one matching the rom basename exists?

In your emulator setup, page(2) there is an option called 'Controls Path'. Browse to the image that you want to display before your emulator starts.

That will always display the same image everytime the emulator is launched.

If you want to display a control panel on a per rom basis, then you will want to use CPWizard. It has alot of nice features besides just the control panel, and allows you to build an image of your control panel to display. When using Mame, CPWizard will also display the proper text on a per game basis that describe what each button on the control panel is for. Run, jump, fire, etc...

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=4655&st=0