All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Shelling Windows Vista?

jeffremiller

I recently upgraded my cabinet and moved to Vista 64 bit.

Improvement in MAME is noticable!! One thing I miss is the instantsheller utility.

Is there something similar for Vista?

Not at this point. Although I have looked into it. The main difference with Vista in regard to shelling is that the boot process has changed, and you cant replace the startup screens. As this made it look far from seamless I put it on the back burner for now. I have not looked at win 7 yet, and may just skip vista and do a version for that, or make the it detect os and act accordingly, but obviously not as good! Basically Microsoft made Vista not too nice for shelling due to the startup screens. It seems they deffinitly want people to know they are running windows.

I recently upgraded my cabinet and moved to Vista 64 bit.

Improvement in MAME is noticable!! One thing I miss is the instantsheller utility.

Is there something similar for Vista?

Hi ! I think it can help you !

http://www.techmixer.com/change-windows-vista-boot-screen/

I haven't tested it yet , but it seems to work.

About instant shelling , I think you can do it manually.

Just folow the steps that Tom put on the GameEx site , and search for the keys in Windows Registry.

I'm having the same problem that you have.

I've upgraded my machine to a Core 2 Duo one.

And the drivers Work better on Vista 64.