All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Atomiswave anyone?

Brian Hoffman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome. :blink: Is it possible to overclock the emulator to get less slowdowns compared to the real hardware? I remember from when I had an Atomiswave mobo with Dolphin Blue that the slowdowns was on par with Metal Slug 2.

Awesome. :blink: Is it possible to overclock the emulator to get less slowdowns compared to the real hardware? I remember from when I had an Atomiswave mobo with Dolphin Blue that the slowdowns was on par with Metal Slug 2.

Hmm, Im not sure if you can, it may produce less than desirable results to try and increase the clock speed on the sh4 and stuff. The games played fine for me, consequently Dolphin Blue is made from the same guy that produced 4 of the metal slug games. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Works great, thanks.

Don't suppose you could knock up a wrapper for the Naomi side of Demul to work in GameEx could you?

or maybe send me the script for the Atomiswave wrapper so I could edit it to play Naomi.

No worries if not, thanks again.

Works great, thanks.

Don't suppose you could knock up a wrapper for the Naomi side of Demul to work in GameEx could you?

or maybe send me the script for the Atomiswave wrapper so I could edit it to play Naomi.

No worries if not, thanks again.

Sweet! I am glad you found it useful.

I really do not mind posting the code, I made it on my other pc, so when I fire it up I will post it if you are still interested.

In my opnion. MAKARON T12 is much better for Naomi, for stablity and compatibility. It will also load via Gameex without a loader.

Naomi.exe "[rompath]\[romfile]"

A little late on replying but the loader works perfectly! Is there any sort of database to use? I'll give the MAME database a whirl and see what happens. Btw weird thing happen while selecting fotns (Fists of the north star) it loads some deer hunting game :P

A little late on replying but the loader works perfectly! Is there any sort of database to use? I'll give the MAME database a whirl and see what happens. Btw weird thing happen while selecting fotns (Fists of the north star) it loads some deer hunting game :P

There is an INI that you can edit, for each rom it sends the DOWN ARROW "x" amount of times, perhaps I typed the wrong number, go ahead and just edit the INI. Glad you find it usefull.

There is an INI that you can edit, for each rom it sends the DOWN ARROW "x" amount of times, perhaps I typed the wrong number, go ahead and just edit the INI. Glad you find it usefull.

Thanks for replying! Though I'm not rally sure what to change here. Also is there a datebase for Atomiswave? The MAME one doesn't seem to work :P

Sweet! I am glad you found it useful.

I really do not mind posting the code, I made it on my other pc, so when I fire it up I will post it if you are still interested.

In my opnion. MAKARON T12 is much better for Naomi, for stablity and compatibility. It will also load via Gameex without a loader.

Naomi.exe "[rompath]\[romfile]"

Yea I'm using Makaron T12 for the Naomi 1 games and it is great but its just for the Naomi 2 games that makaron doesn't support yet.

If its no bother then if you could post the script that would be fantastic, no rush tho I'm off to work now anyway.

Thanks.

Thanks for replying! Though I'm not rally sure what to change here. Also is there a datebase for Atomiswave? The MAME one doesn't seem to work :P

The settings.ini is what you update to fix the ROM launching the wrong one. Launch Demul outside gameex, choose load atomiswave, Press Down till you get the game you want to load, that will be your down count. Edit the settings ini accordingly.

As far as I know there is no databasse for atomiswave yet, but with only a handfull of games it should be pretty easy to make, or at least a map file to give the roms friendly names.

Yea I'm using Makaron T12 for the Naomi 1 games and it is great but its just for the Naomi 2 games that makaron doesn't support yet.

If its no bother then if you could post the script that would be fantastic, no rush tho I'm off to work now anyway.

Thanks.

I'am at work now too, I will post it tonight.

The settings.ini is what you update to fix the ROM launching the wrong one. Launch Demul outside gameex, choose load atomiswave, Press Down till you get the game you want to load, that will be your down count. Edit the settings ini accordingly.

As far as I know there is no databasse for atomiswave yet, but with only a handfull of games it should be pretty easy to make, or at least a map file to give the roms friendly names.

Thanks Brian! I'll give it a try. Yeah it shouldn't be too hard you're right. I can't wait till Metal Slug 6 is dumped :D

Perhaps, does Nulldc not work for you? I thought NullDC was more compatible for Dreamcast Games.

Thats just it I dont like nulldc that much plus Demul i honestly think other than the sound is surpassing nulldc in dc games.. Take Ikaruga for example. Try running it of null then demul and you will see the difference... Besides the fact that Nulldc seems to be abandoned by the author. He works on porting it to the psp now but never updates it...

I have never played ms6 on arcades, dolphin blue is very fun and feels just like the mslug series.

I've only ever played the Ps2 version of MS6. I'll have to give Dolphin Blue a try. Oh Brian I tried your suggestion of changing the down count but it still seems to launch a different game :lol:

I've only ever played the Ps2 version of MS6. I'll have to give Dolphin Blue a try. Oh Brian I tried your suggestion of changing the down count but it still seems to launch a different game :lol:

The same game or a diffrent one? See if the game it is selecting is above or below the one your trying to run. then change accordingly.

The same game or a diffrent one? See if the game it is selecting is above or below the one your trying to run. then change accordingly.

It was a different one this time. So it seems changing the count is working. I'll give it a shot thanks!

I wouldnt mind a loader for the Naomi and DC side of this emu. I think its the best out there.... I tryed Makaron T12 i wasent too impressed with it i still prefer demul... BTW there is a version 5.5 of Demul out now. Its not of the offical site yet but if you look around you can find it easy.

I wouldnt mind a loader for the Naomi and DC side of this emu. I think its the best out there.... I tryed Makaron T12 i wasent too impressed with it i still prefer demul... BTW there is a version 5.5 of Demul out now. Its not of the offical site yet but if you look around you can find it easy.

Yea I grabbed that the first day it was out, last week some time. I will post the loaders source code. If you or Hunk 4th wants to edit it to do Naomi and DC thats fine. I'd offer but with dreamcast having over 300 games I do not feel like making entry's in an INI for all games.

:)

It was a different one this time. So it seems changing the count is working. I'll give it a shot thanks!

Are you using the version of Demul that I packaged with the loader? Diffrent versions could lead to the diffrent games launching. The version I posted was a unofficial one.

Yea I grabbed that the first day it was out, last week some time. I will post the loaders source code. If you or Hunk 4th wants to edit it to do Naomi and DC thats fine. I'd offer but with dreamcast having over 300 games I do not feel like making entry's in an INI for all games. I think it would difficult to do Dreamcast like Brian said, there are well over 300 titles for this console :P

:)

Are you using the version of Demul that I packaged with the loader? Diffrent versions could lead to the diffrent games launching. The version I posted was a unofficial one.

I bet that's it. I was using the latest one. damn I didn't think of that. I'll give that a shot.

*EDIT* Yeah, that's what it was. Thanks for mentioning this! :)

As promised, here is the source. Use it well.

#NoEnv
#SingleInstance force
#Persistent
#NoTrayIcon

;CHECKING FOR 1 PARAMS, IF NOT THEN EXIT
if 0 < 1
{
MsgBox Usage: DEMUL_Loader.exe "romfile"
ExitApp
}
DetectHiddenWindows, On
Blockinput on ; Keeps users from messing up loader my pressing buttons and moving mouse
RomName = %1% ; error level (rompath romfile) gives friendly name as ROM

SetBatchLines -1

MouseMove %A_ScreenWidth%,%A_ScreenHeight%
Gui +AlwaysOnTop -Caption +ToolWindow ; No title, No taskbar icon
Gui Color, 0 ; Color Black
Gui Show, x0 y0 h%A_ScreenHeight% w%A_ScreenWidth%, HSHIDE
WinHide ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
WinHide Start ahk_class Button
;WinSet Transparent, 200, A ; Can be semi-transparent
MouseGetPos X, Y ; Remember pos to return
MouseMove %A_ScreenWidth%,%A_ScreenHeight% ; Move pointer off
IniRead, num_down, %A_WorkingDir%\settings.ini, %RomName%, Down_Count, 0