All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Possible bug found!

Krakerman

Now when I scroll thru my emulators and I'm using the default theme it reports your on 1|52 in my setup. Now when it reports the number of items ... some of them report incorrect numbers. For example when I select emulator #4 as an example it reports 991 items, but when you select it and go to the emulator listing of the files it reports that there is 994 items which by my math is off by 3 items. Not all of them do this it is random. and some of them where way off but when I selected the emulator and exit back to previous menu it corrected itself.

Hope this makes any sense as its easier to show someone than to describe it. Maybe Tom has an idea what is causing it.

Also ... Tom when you load up GameEx the icon for most played still doesn't display ... not sure if you have tried to fixed that issue as of yet.

also if it is counting those recently played then that is basically counting those few twice which for the life of me is not what I want displayed as it should count only the roms you have in that folder.

It may be counting the total number of lines it needs to display. There is a blank space that could count as the last item.

991 roms
2 recently played
+ 1 blank space
--------------------
994 items

Maybe there's just a difference in how you see the number and how Tom intended it to be interpreted. I agree that a number listing how many roms are available would be cool (and how I thought the listed number worked), but I also see why Tom coded it the way he did.

On the other hand, when you select a system the number given is correct (the number of roms available to play) and the number inside the emulator list is also correct (position in the list and total list items). Perhaps the best advice is that you could edit the theme you are using so that you have a custom background with the number hard coded into the theme's background?

Since it doesn't appear that this is a bug, just a different interpretation of what the numbers mean, maybe you could submit a feature request to add what you want. I think it would be pretty easy for Tom to make a variable or whatever available to the Theme Editor in order to display that value. He already has it (it's shown before you enter the emulator), so it's just a matter of having it available in a different location. Just a thought...

I found something that is kinda a bug but its not gameex's fault.

I use software called RealVNC. It is remote management software to connect PC's. When a remote connects to a host and is running it takes over DirectX. VNC uses its own video driver and disables elements within DirectX causing gameex not to function properly. I always seem to get an error that tells me that DirectDraw is missing and to reinstall DirectX. Now when I turn RealVNC off GameEx and DirectX work fine.

I just wanted to let people know. I dealt with this for hours before I figured it out. (After many many formats) lol.