All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Play this Game Button ( Where ? )

vsilvalopes

Hi everyone !

I´m a registered user of GameEx and I think its an amazing software.

Recently I´ve updated GameEx to the version 10.07.

I used a fresh instalation of GameEX.

My problem is , to play a game on this version , I have to click on the name of the game.

In older versions , I was able to start a game just clicking in "Start this game"

This option was the first one when you selected a game in the list.

Now its gone , but i think it is very usefull.

Somebody can help me with this ?

Thanks !

Perhaps you turned off the game info page?

No I didn`t , look at this screenshot and you will see.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/Sy7Su...feat=directlink

As you can see , now to play the Captain Comando game , I have to click on the link with the USA flag and the text "Captain Commando (U)".

Any ideas ? :)

Did you turn on GoodMerged/zipped file support? I don't recall what it's called but I'm pretty sure you only get the country flags when you enable that feature. If you did and your files aren't goodmerged, then it probably will have issues.

Did you turn on GoodMerged/zipped file support? I don't recall what it's called but I'm pretty sure you only get the country flags when you enable that feature. If you did and your files aren't goodmerged, then it probably will have issues.

Yes ! I`m using 7zip/GoodMerged support ! I`m saving tons of GBs with this feature.

I`m older versions of GameEx I didn`t used this feature.

Is there any way to enable the option "Play this game" with zipped suport enabled?

If not thats ok! :D

Thanks again !

I don't use this feature, but I think when it is turned on, you pick one game from the archive to play. I don't think there's a "Play this game" menu item because there is no single game for GameEx to play. I believe that when you use zipped support, you will get a list of games available in the archive and you then pick the version you want to play.

But, like I said, I don't use this feature so I could be wrong.

I don't use this feature, but I think when it is turned on, you pick one game from the archive to play. I don't think there's a "Play this game" menu item because there is no single game for GameEx to play. I believe that when you use zipped support, you will get a list of games available in the archive and you then pick the version you want to play.

But, like I said, I don't use this feature so I could be wrong.

Ok ben ! Thanks for your help ! I really wanted the "Play This Game" option.

Because I want my GameEx look more user friendly as possible.

I will do some tests with Unziped Rom , I`ll post the results soon.