All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MCE2005, VFD, and smartie questions

mcmushx15

Hello,

I have MCE2005 OS.

I have a VFD with MCE drivers loaded (will only display items during while MCE is running)

I want to use Smartie also but to turn off when MCE is run. Can I do this?

Also, when I do use smartie, it blinks like an annoying VCR time that hasn't been set. I just want to always display the time, game running and winamp (if i'm not in mce using music player)

THanks for the help

so i did some more testing...

it seem Smartie works great till i turn on MCE. (only variables in smarite are Game EX)

Once MCE is on, it works like a charm, no errors.

I exit MCE to turn on GamEx, it starts flipping out going crazy at times displaying nothing. Only after doing a restart will Smartie work correctly.

I even tried to exit out of smartie before running MCE, MCE works fine as usual, then start smartie again before playing GameEx and no dice either.

Can these 2 things co-exist? is there a way to take the MCE code and put it into Smartie and then not install the VFD drivers for MCE?

Any help would be great as this hptc will be used for MCE and GameEX 75% of the time.

so i did some more testing...

it seem Smartie works great till i turn on MCE.  (only variables in smarite are Game EX)

Once MCE is on, it works like a charm, no errors.

I exit MCE to turn on GamEx, it starts flipping out going crazy at times displaying nothing.  Only after doing a restart will Smartie work correctly. 

I even tried to exit out of smartie before running MCE, MCE works fine as usual, then start smartie again before playing GameEx and no dice either. 

Can these 2 things co-exist?  is there a way to take the MCE code and put it into Smartie  and then not install the VFD drivers for MCE?

Any help would be great as this hptc will be used for MCE and GameEX 75% of the time.

Hi, I'm betting noone here knows how to help with this. I'm expecting you wont get help, just because we dont know. To save you hanging on for days/weeks, I suggest you go to the smartie and MCE VFD forums for this. It may even be a bug in smartie, or the VFD Drivers. Or they just dont get along with each other. Although we'd like to help, your simply asking in the wrong place.

For your info the GameEx plugin is just a standard .net smartie dll. Only thing a little odd it does if I remember is check GameEx is active and if not show blank info.

Let us know though if you get anywhere.

EDIT: It would probably be possible to write a smartie plugin for the MCE Drivers, and have a setting in the MCE Drivers to use Smartie so smartie and the drivers dont clash. Again no point asking for someone to code that here. It would require the programmer/s of the MCE Drivers to do this. You could put in a request wherever those guys are located at I spose.

Cheers.

Hi, I'm betting noone here knows how to help with this. I'm expecting you wont get help, just because we dont know. To save you hanging on for days/weeks, I suggest you go to the smartie and MCE VFD forums for this. It may even be a bug in smartie, or the VFD Drivers. Or they just dont get along with each other. Although we'd like to help, your simply asking in the wrong place.

For your info the GameEx plugin is just a standard .net smartie dll. Only thing a little odd it does if I remember is check GameEx is active and if not show blank info.

Let us know though if you get anywhere.

EDIT: It would probably be possible to write a smartie plugin for the MCE Drivers, and have a setting in the MCE Drivers to use Smartie so smartie and the drivers dont clash. Again no point asking for someone to code that here. It would require the programmer/s of the MCE Drivers to do this. You could put in a request wherever those guys are located at I spose.

Cheers.

the MCE vfd driver and the LCD smartie are currently not compatible. I used to have only the MCE VFD plugin on my system until a got LCDSmartie and the GAMEEX plugin. I tried to run both at the same time and I had jibberish on the VFD. I guess you have to choose which plugin would be more beneficial to you. Maybe if you found a MCE plugin for LCDsmartie......

http://www.thegreenbutton.com/community/sh...essageID=114935

the MCE vfd driver and the LCD smartie are currently not compatible.  I used to have only the MCE VFD plugin on my system until a got LCDSmartie and the GAMEEX plugin. I tried to run both at the same time and I had jibberish on the VFD.  I guess you have to choose which plugin would be more beneficial to you. Maybe if you found a MCE plugin for LCDsmartie......

http://www.thegreenbutton.com/community/sh...essageID=114935

thanks Tom and infared for your quick replies...i will test this software and see what happens. Smartie would be ideal as when i'm not running MCE, i can display the Time and something else. I will attempt to unistall VFD MCE drivers...hopefully i can do that without restore the OS

thanks Tom and infared for your quick replies...i will test this software and see what happens.  Smartie would be ideal as when i'm not running MCE, i can display the Time and something else.  I will attempt to unistall VFD MCE drivers...hopefully i can do that without restore the OS

Anytime man!