All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

which os?

Orlin

Right i know this soulds like a silly question but

What windows should i use for GameEX

i know it works on all but i am going to bulid a new pc just for GameEX and i will be used to play Games, Music, DVD/Films, Karaoke & this internet website where you can seach and play music for free all within GameEX

i am looking for which os works better for GameEX if you get what i mean.

So far i am thinking of windows xp home.

but would windows media center be anybetter ?

What do you think i should have ?

Do you have a 64-bit CPU or not? If so, then you should consider either XP64 or Vista64. If not, then XP works great. There are many people who use Vista (which should work fine with GameEx), but that sometimes causes issues with certain emulators.

Do you have a 64-bit CPU or not? If so, then you should consider either XP64 or Vista64. If not, then XP works great. There are many people who use Vista (which should work fine with GameEx), but that sometimes causes issues with certain emulators.

I have just upgraded from XP to vista x64 with SP1 it loads loads faster than xp and i have had no problems (yet)

Windows XP Professional SP3 or Vista Home Premium SP1 (or better)

Avoid the home / home basic versions of these OSs if you can.

I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit on my Media Center & GameEx system and have had no issues with emulator compatibility. I suggest turning off UAC if you go with Vista.

Windows XP Professional SP3 or Vista Home Premium SP1 (or better)

Avoid the home / home basic versions of these OSs if you can.

I'm running Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit on my Media Center & GameEx system and have had no issues with emulator compatibility. I suggest turning off UAC if you go with Vista.

Why?? I'm using Windows XP SP3 Home using Boot Camp on my MacPro and it works great!!

The home versions should be ok, but there are times when they skimp on some components people want. Most of the time these things are related to networking and multiple users, so it doesn't affect that many people. I personally would always opt for a Pro build whenever possible.