All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NEWS: GameEx 9.85 Released

Tom Speirs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want your money back?

And have Game Ex for free, sure!

Tom,

Sometime you have to take the good with the bad. Opinions should be welcome both good and bad. I don't want to attack any user on here but it seems like every update they make it seem like you shit gold. I am just being honest, not rude and not ungreatful either. I am a strait shooter and you know damn well as a whole I love your program and appericate your hard work here.

I am simply stating that when adding such a big feature like this there should be an option to turn it on and off. I have based a lot of my dir structers around not having this working so this update creates a lot of redoing on my behalf if it can't be turned off.

Shouldn't be repeated in your list unless you have the same roms in different folders. How is your folder structure now? Actually this is a huge update. People have their directories in a certain way now cuz of the fact that GameEx never had sub-folder support. I'm sure it's an easy fix if you game more detail.

I know how to fix it, move stuff around but I would rather be able to turn it off.

If this is not an option in a future release I will do so.

And have Game Ex for free, sure!

Tom,

Sometime you have to take the good with the bad. Opinions should be welcome both good and bad. I don't want to attack any user on here but it seems like every update they make it seem like you shit gold. I am just being honest, not rude and not ungreatful either. I am a strait shooter and you know damn well as a whole I love your program and appericate your hard work here.

I am simply stating that when adding such a big feature like this there should be an option to turn it on and off. I have based a lot of my dir structers around not having this working so this update creates a lot of redoing on my behalf if it can't be turned off.

No need to have it turned off if use your own map file. Again you're not giving details about the problems you're having.

Thanks Frequency,

thats what I thought. Just wanted to make sure. I see a lot of advantages for the subfolders. And acually was a request of mine awhile back. Didn't think I would ever see it. I'm probabally the only one here that wants to have all the prototypes, hacks etc. on their system. But you would be surprised the number of actually good games that are available that are prototypes and homebrew. There is also a lot of roms that are not in no-intro sets. Sets that aren't in No-intro, Dreamcast for one has lots of types and I like seperating them by country. So I keep them in seperate directories. I have some friends that want to play games from outside the US that they have never seen before.

The reason I asked about a way to call up the various databases from only one emulator, was to cut down on the number of setups I have on my cabinet.

Thanks Tom for the update.

Haven't tried this yet but it seems like a great feature that should dramatically simplfy a lot of the CD-ROM system setups.

My thoughts exactly! I would say this is the best feature for those. No more having to name your folders after your roms or having them all in one folder. And best to keep those in separate folders anyways IMO cuz some images have other files included with them and can get ugly having all in one folder.

I know you were trying to keep new users happy by keeping things simple from here on out, but I'm really happy you made it possible to turn off this setting for specific emulators. I personally just went through and created a directory for unused roms which is located in a subdirectory. Since the goal of GameEx is to make your gaming/HTPC system as clean as possible and an easy, user friendly setup, the more customizable the features are, the better.

<drooling> Downloading now... </drooling>

Thanks for these updates Tom!

I know you were trying to keep new users happy by keeping things simple from here on out, but I'm really happy you made it possible to turn off this setting for specific emulators. I personally just went through and created a directory for unused roms which is located in a subdirectory. Since the goal of GameEx is to make your gaming/HTPC system as clean as possible and an easy, user friendly setup, the more customizable the features are, the better.

<drooling> Downloading now... </drooling>

Thanks for these updates Tom!

Well said, the more options the better.

I can really see me using this new feature in some cases too, it is a great add to an already great program.

Thanks again for taking the time to listen.