All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NEWS: Database Logos

Tom Speirs

If your keeping up, with GameEx 9.63 and above, gameex now supports image and video logos for the database pages (category, years, and manufacturer).

It would be a lot of work for people to create them, and thats even if they wanted to share.

So I was thinking about putting out the job to tender. ie paying for someone to do them.

As its going to cost me, I need a little motivation, and wanted to ask you all if you thought it would be worth it. I would provide them as download when installing GameEx along with the databasess and the like. Also would it be worth having them as videos (obviousy more work and bandwidth), transparant videos (even more work), or just images?

So.. Thoughts?

If your keeping up, with GameEx 9.63 and above, gameex now supports image and video logos for the database pages (category, years, and manufacturer).

It would be a lot of work for people to create them, and thats even if they wanted to share.

So I was thinking about putting out the job to tender. ie paying for someone to do them.

As its going to cost me, I need a little motivation, and wanted to ask you all if you thought it would be worth it. I would provide them as download when installing GameEx along with the databasess and the like. Also would it be worth having them as videos (obviousy more work and bandwidth), transparant videos (even more work), or just images?

So.. Thoughts?

Is there a screen shot of the end result. Im having a hard time guessing what it may look like.

Also do you need manufacture logo's EG capcom, nintendo or am I missing something.

So.. Thoughts?

I am quite happy to contribute, but would like more of an indication of what the overal outcome would be? I have not looked into the 9.63 update as yet but certainly like the idea.

Here is how you do it. Maybe someone can come up with a demo.

The images come up when viewing the category, year or manufacturer lists in either emus or MAME.

It looks for a png, jpg, avi, mpeg, or mng in the \[THEME]\LOGOS\DATABASE folder.

For example "Atari.png" or "1989.png"

If an AVI or MNG is sufficed with "_Trans" e.g "Atari_Trans.avi" then it will color key out the black in the video. I attach a MNG in case you have not got any.

Yes, system logos would be good too as always. They now also support transparancy in videos.

For the MAME categories. It will also search for the master category e.g you can have driving.png and this will match "driving / race"

Just copy a few images around to test.

If we can come up with a few demo icons ill do a video.

Edit: Brian, yes, manufacturer logos is part of this.

LOGOS.rar

It might be worth it. I'm going on some for my own theme right now, I'm not sure how well they'll mesh with others but I'll still share them when they're done.

I'd personally go with MNG's myself, thats what I'm doing as they can be made to blend more, or so I'd think. I'm honestly not sure if it'd be worth paying, I'm sure they'll pop up over time, but if you can find someone who will follow through it would most likely speed up the process.

It might be worth it. I'm going on some for my own theme right now, I'm not sure how well they'll mesh with others but I'll still share them when they're done.

I'd personally go with MNG's myself, thats what I'm doing as they can be made to blend more, or so I'd think. I'm honestly not sure if it'd be worth paying, I'm sure they'll pop up over time, but if you can find someone who will follow through it would most likely speed up the process.

Yes, MNG is a good option, or AVI if there uncompressed. AVI's perform a lot better in GameEx thats the only thing. Compressed AVI's wont be any good Id expect.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

A good start to this that people could easily get involved with would be the manufacturer logos just as images. Just a thought.

Yes, MNG is a good option, or AVI if there uncompressed. AVI's perform a lot better in GameEx thats the only thing. Compressed AVI's wont be any good Id expect.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

A good start to this that people could easily get involved with would be the manufacturer logos just as images. Just a thought.

How 'bout logo's for radio stations??