All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Ambiance MP3 problems

Alpha17x

I updated Game EX (I had a really old version running on my cabinet) anyway I did it wrong so I had to redo my settings, no big deal, but the mp3 I use for my ambiance (a looping selection menu sort of music) won't play. THe mp3 is fine. the settings are pointing at it. but it won't play.

If I load game ex up. it'll either display a 'please wait' box while it appears to load something, or it just won't play it. Everything else works perfectly, except for this

Also; I don't know how long the 'please wait' thing actually takes to finish, if it in-fact ever does. I force-canceled it after an hour and a half, I figure if something takes that long to play a 3meg mp3 file something is up. does anyone have any thoughts?

Nothing is actually erroring out,it just won't play the ambiance. It worked before and I mirrored the settings I had before.

I figure it'll turn out somewhere I did something wrong. anyways if you need to see any settings or what not just let me know what you need to see.

To whomever steps in to help, thank you.

Did you look in the GameEx Advanced Configuration program under the Audio Settings and make sure the option that says Play Ambience says YES and not NO.

Lol. I am going to check that right now. I didn't remember that being a setting. I will edit my post momentarily so you can be amused by my foolishness.

Edit: Ok, thank you very much for your help, not sure how I missed that but yes, that was the issue. I appreciate the assistance.