All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Steam games in GameEx

Krakerman

When playing steam games in GameEx how do you close steam after exiting so it will return back to GameEx. I diables the ESC key as I don't want to exit my Steam games using this option I just want to exit the games thru the menu and then return back to GameEx after doing so. I am using .lnk files in GameEx that point to each of my steam games?

I'm sure Brian can fix this one!

Right now after steam closes I config my ALT+S key to close the steam process using keyboard launchpad, but is really not the way I want to do this.

I guess the tricky part is when Steam launches it then launches the game .exe (ex.quake.exe) the when you quit the game it closes the .exe file (ex. quake.exe) but the steam.exe is still open when you return to the desktop which is where I need to close the steam.exe file (right now I have my Alt+S linked to a batch file that kills the steam.exe process) to return to GameEx.

So my ? to Brian is How do I setup GameEx to run all my steam game selection via .lnk files and then return to GameEx without set GameEx map keys option as I want to close my steam games down via the games menu.

I guess the tricky part is when Steam launches it then launches the game .exe (ex.quake.exe) the when you quit the game it closes the .exe file (ex. quake.exe) but the steam.exe is still open when you return to the desktop which is where I need to close the steam.exe file (right now I have my Alt+S linked to a batch file that kills the steam.exe process) to return to GameEx.

So my ? to Brian is How do I setup GameEx to run all my steam game selection via .lnk files and then return to GameEx without set GameEx map keys option as I want to close my steam games down via the games menu.

a AHK script could do it. Perhaps even an advanced config.

I dont have any steam games so Ive never tried.

Are there free steam games so I can whip something up?

Im really not interested in paying for something Ill never use.

Ive seen this addressed before so there may be a config here somewhere. We do have quite a talented user base.

I just dropped by maximus arcade website and there are posts from 07 with people trying to get games to work via shortcuts with no sucess. I wrote a loader up and had it goin in about 30 minutes. Not that im patting myself on the back but it just shows what great support we have here. Im not the only one here that has a little skill in coding and reminds me of what a great thing we have going here.

If there is such thing as free steam games let me know and Ill take a looksey.

Yes looksey is a technical term.

No. Im not interested in MA. I had a guy call me and ask me if I can do them a favor. :)

Easiest thing IMO is to use an advanced config. Just include the steam process to close in this section of the config:

#Additional processes to wait to exit or close on exit. Dont include the .exe. Leave blank not to use.

Process1=
Process2=
Process3=
Process4=

This way steam will close upon exiting your game. Wouldn't that work Brian? Saves from making a wrapper based off stuff we can't really test for without owning any of it. ;)

Easiest thing IMO is to use an advanced config. Just include the steam process to close in this section of the config:

#Additional processes to wait to exit or close on exit. Dont include the .exe. Leave blank not to use.

Process1=
Process2=
Process3=
Process4=

This way steam will close upon exiting your game. Wouldn't that work Brian? Saves from making a wrapper based off stuff we can't really test for without owning any of it. ;)

Thats what I did for dosbox and what I was thinking for steam. Im not sure the process name.

As far as the AHK script would go it would just do a process close upon esc or something simple.

:)

I tried that advanced config you did for DOSBox and changed the names to:

Process1=Steam

Process2=

Process3=

Process4=

but the problem is the ESC key still exits the game in Steam. I need to disable that as I want to exit the games via their own way from the menus.

I tried that advanced config you did for DOSBox and changed the names to:

Process1=Steam

Process2=

Process3=

Process4=

but the problem is the ESC key still exits the game in Steam. I need to disable that as I want to exit the games via their own way from the menus.

Disable MAP KEYS. In the emu config :)