All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Videos

Krakerman

Where go you say put videos to play like TV commercial of a certain console or handheld games and where and how do you set it up in the advanced config under the emulator of choice?

For example: When I select my Atari 2600 Emulator I want it to play a video of an old atari 2600 commercial before it plays the emulator or if I hit any key it will skip it. Is this possible in GameEx or have I just inspired to add this feature to it.

not that I know of.... I have a bunch of retro gaming tv commercials setup in a video directory. you can then tell gameex to use these videos in attract mode: either mixing it with roms or only let it play videos.

you could maybe use the "launch before" option in the emulator setup to play a video but I don't know how you could randomize it then. I'm pretty sure with some programming skills or media player command line knowledge there is a way to do it!

You can have it play a video as you scroll through the emulator list. On the first page of the emulator set up, enter the name of the video where it says "Logo". Then put the video in "C:\Program Files\GameEx\THEMES\YOUR THEME\MEDIA" folder. I know AVI's work, I'm not sure of other extensions.

If you want to display the video while the emulator is loading, you could try entering the location of the video in "Controls Path" I've never tried this though... (gameex says png, or jpg only, but it says the same thing for "Logo")

I see there is an entry for "Custom Background" I've never noticed that one before.... (Maybe a V4 option?)