All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

amp board?

spuds

I am still working away on this machine and so I removed the video board which was encased rather nicely - I am sure you guys have seen this before - I unplugged the jamma and another connector- but it also had two RCA jacks plugged in (white and red) these I assumed were audio - they went to another smaller board and coming out of this board were the wire's going to the two speaker on the top of the cab.

So I am assuming this is some kind of amp board.

If you guys agree that this is what it is, can i use it?

and if so how do I connect it?

Guest JeSSicA ChrIS

is it enable to run zero team rom too as jamma says

pcb saying its unemulated rom but i think if u repair it then it will run successfully

if u do on my behalf

its manufacturer is Seibu Kaihatsu

is it enable to run zero team rom too as jamma says

pcb saying its unemulated rom but i think if u repair it then it will run successfully

if u do on my behalf

its manufacturer is Seibu Kaihatsu

Jessica,

Zero Team IS NOT EMULATED... We cannot emulate it... We cannot take working roms and mix and match...... Please understand this.

The ROM is NOT DAMAGED... It is succesfully dumped... The encryption isnt broken. I cannot make this any clearer. Hi-jacking this thread is not nessary especially when you already create 2 threads here about the same thing.

Well Audio is supposed to be an analog signal... So if RCA is going into the board perhaps it is an amplifier of sorts. As you would think if it were a type of sound card it would just have the audio going out.

So if your putting in your pc trying to use the same hardware from your soundcard Id use something like this.. (see screeny)

However I really have no clue as to what it really is and if it would/wouldnt damage anything.

post-816-1209749178_thumb.jpg

There should be some markings on the board that may help determine what it is. It may also be obvious based on what components are there. I personally wouldn't hook the computer up to it until I knew what it was, and even if I did know, I might do some testing to make sure it wouldn't fry anything. Also, without checking it out, I couldn't say whether it's inputs or outputs (unless you saw it hooked up prior to stripping things down).

There should be some markings on the board that may help determine what it is. It may also be obvious based on what components are there. I personally wouldn't hook the computer up to it until I knew what it was, and even if I did know, I might do some testing to make sure it wouldn't fry anything. Also, without checking it out, I couldn't say whether it's inputs or outputs (unless you saw it hooked up prior to stripping things down).

Yeah, I will get you guys some pics as soon as I can get the camera back - I will definitely NOT hook up anything unless I run it by you guys - hehehe - I know my limitations - hope to get the ccamera in a hour or so

ok guys

here are a couple pics

the first is the board the second is of the two jacks that were pluged into the board that my jamma harness was pluged into

post-4197-1209769918_thumb.jpg

post-4197-1209769981_thumb.jpg

Dungeons and dragons - shadow over mystera

Hmmm is it a conversion/update kit ?

It does look like a sound amp....

Because it's a CPS 2 based game and I thought the sound was on the main PCB in the box...

I'll do a little more searching...

That looks similar to a sound board that I've pulled out of the Atari Championship Sprint for the most part. That board had a ribbon cable connecting to the main board, but I can't remember if the speakers came off the main board or the sound board. Either way, mine didn't have RCA connections. Do the speakers connect to the sound board via the RCA's or via some kind of screw down terminals? I'm just wondering if those are inputs or outputs.

If those are the inputs, you could probably get it working with the speakers in the cab and just need to provide the correct power to the board. I personally don't think I would bother though. I was able to use a cheap set of PC speakers for the amp board and connect them to arcade speakers. The board then plugs right into the PC and I know I can't break anything. Only problem is slightly underpowered speakers due to the failure to match impedence (4 vs 6 ohm).

If you power it up and it works, I would run with it. If you don't know what power it needs and you don't know if it works, go with PC speakers (or a car amp). That's just my thoughts though.

Yeah, there are a number of sites that arcade connoisseurs frequent. The two that I can think of are KLOV and BYOAC. Now, the BYOAC crowd is going to be more aimed at MAME type stuff, but I know a lot of people there have standard cabinets and MAMEs as well. If you can find the KLOV forum, that would be best. Also, there is a newsgroup that is supposed to be REALLY helpful that you might want to check out.

Like I said, as long as you don't hook anything you care about up to the thing for testing, you should be fine. I would hook up a walkman or discman up as a source and power it with your best guess (probably 5v or 12v DC). It's unlikely that you will break anything.

OH, I just thought of something! Why not search for the wiring manual for that machine. I have one for my pinball and it tells me EVERYTHING. I found one for my Championship Sprint and it looked very similar. I bet you could find a good reference for that board if you were able to find it. Either search for the game name and manual or the number on the board. If you can find it, you will have all of your questions answered.

I took a closer look at the board just now, and I realized that the board is powered by AC. I can't find anything about that model number, but if you plugged in AC into it and attached an audio source, you would know in 5 minutes if it works!

I took a closer look at the board just now, and I realized that the board is powered by AC. I can't find anything about that model number, but if you plugged in AC into it and attached an audio source, you would know in 5 minutes if it works!

the board is powered and I am sure it works

the speaker are connected to the board and if I "touch" the RCA end I here static.

and I know for a fact that the two RCA plugs will feed the board - I was only wondering on the hookup and I am thinking that the pic you posted of that cable is what I will need- however I will do as you guys bid and do some further leg work before I plug into it.

Thanks GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guys over at KLOV are pretty helpful too. I'm betting if you posted a picture over there, they'll know what it is you have.

I'm just talking to myself...I get it from Tom.

I posted over at KLOV, asking for help on the convergence of my Tempest monitor at 2:25. At 2:40, someone replied "you just need the Wells-Gardner G6100 manual, give me your address, and I'll mail you one."

Wow!

You guys are good, but nobody has offered to mail me a computer that will run Zinc at full speed! :lol: