All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NEWS: GameEx 9.20 Released

Tom Speirs

27th April, 2008 - GameEx 9.20

X Lots of minor fixes and polishing in this release

X When map files are used fixes gameex displaying the rom name instead of the game name throughout the application

X Fixes aspect ratio for video previews

X Fixes issue where creating snaps would only create for the last played games

X Create snaps now also works for goodset 7zip setups

X Startup videos (if AVI, or MPEG) now play on a thread and GameEx continues to startup in the background

X The last played icon on the start page has been changed to show the snap or video of the last played game

X All applications are now signed (I missed a few previously)

X GameExtender viewer has been improved to show status text when connecting, and It will now longer stop responding if it cant connect

X GameExtender Viewer has also been improved to fade in new images

X Fixes GameExtender server not sending control panel image when a MAME game is playing. GameExtender server has also been improved so when actually playing a game artwork will be sent as full scnreen images

X There should be quicker return from games on most systems, due to some additional graphics caching

X Ten more emulator slots in advanced configuration application, and this release fixes the crash when trying to import an emulator without selecting one

X All emulator configs now have Show Desktop on as default

X Fixes Visual Pinball and Project 64 Configs

X The hot key to rotate the display has been changed from TAB to CTRL-TAB

X There are also lots of other small fixes in this release

X Id be very interested to hear peoples experiencing with GameExtender on the forum

This was one of my requests:

The last played icon on the start page has been changed to show the snap or video of the last played game

So.... Nice birthday present Tom, Of course I still like my wife(s) better! :lol:

Hey did you do the #1 game in the most played list as well? It's our (my wiife's and I) anniversary next week.... ;)

This was one of my requests:

So.... Nice birthday present Tom, Of course I still like my wife(s) better! :lol:

Hey did you do the #1 game in the most played list as well? It's our (my wiife's and I) anniversary next week.... ;)

It was a good request and seemed to make sense, but I actually like most played better as it is for now, sorry.

Is there any chance you could start including the latest version of Headkaze's LED Plugin with your updates? His old version doesn't work on my system and your update seems to have replaced his newer version with the old version again

Cheers

Stu

Is there any chance you could start including the latest version of Headkaze's LED Plugin with your updates? His old version doesn't work on my system and your update seems to have replaced his newer version with the old version again

Cheers

Stu

Ill fix that.

At last - Aspect corrected snaps!!!

Well done mate - you are a star, perfect first time.

Now, if only you could correct search to show the correct custom backgrounds for the games shown........... :)

Hey, thanks for another brilliant update!

This might be just my system, but any pointers appreciated. I'm trying to use the startup videos, but when I put in a folder or video for GameEx to play at startup, I hear the sounds but don't see any video - the "GameEx Loading" graphic is the only thing on the screen. There are no errors in the log from what I can see, but once the video stops playing (the sounds stop), I have to use task manager to quit as the menu never comes up. Its like it's trying to play them on a secondary monitor or something.

The videos do work outside of gameex, they are .MPGs - but is there a format I should check for in here? And if I don't use startup videos, GameEx runs perfectly.

Finally - a feature request to enhance startup videos - is it possible to add the ability to quit the video playing if a button pressed? One of my videos is quite long, and while entertaining for other people, if I just want to get into GameEx because Im testing or trying something new out, I just want to jump in quickly.

Thanks,

Dwight.

Hey, thanks for another brilliant update!

This might be just my system, but any pointers appreciated. I'm trying to use the startup videos, but when I put in a folder or video for GameEx to play at startup, I hear the sounds but don't see any video - the "GameEx Loading" graphic is the only thing on the screen. There are no errors in the log from what I can see, but once the video stops playing (the sounds stop), I have to use task manager to quit as the menu never comes up. Its like it's trying to play them on a secondary monitor or something.

The videos do work outside of gameex, they are .MPGs - but is there a format I should check for in here? And if I don't use startup videos, GameEx runs perfectly.

Finally - a feature request to enhance startup videos - is it possible to add the ability to quit the video playing if a button pressed? One of my videos is quite long, and while entertaining for other people, if I just want to get into GameEx because Im testing or trying something new out, I just want to jump in quickly.

Thanks,

Dwight.

Can you post your log and gameex.ini

Thanks.

Log and GameEx.INI as requested. As before, I can hear a random video being played, but all I see on the screen is the GameEx loading screen. when the video finishes playing, it just sits on the GameEx Loading screen, I have to use task manager to quit. If I don't use a startup video, GameEx starts without a problem.

Thanks,

Dwight.

CONFIG.zip