All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] WinUAE Loader v1.78

headkaze

Really is going great so far HeadKaze...

Firstly, I made the changes to the original Gamebase Amiga MDB file... in the Games table... Set the filter on the PlayersSim column so that I had all of the 2 player Simultaneous games. Then on the Control column, replaced the 0 values with 1. This left all of the Mouse and keyboard 2 player games as they should be. Used that MDB file to create new Game lists and it all worked a treat.

Two player games start up with both joysticks. The only issues with this are:

If you use the ADF version of a 2 player game... It will likely have a cracktro and may need the mouse (F12 to get to WinUAE and swap to mouse). No issues though if you have a WHDLoad or SPS version of the game.

Other than that there is another thing with the controls config... If I select X-Arcade Left and play a standard single player game it is fine; the left stick controls the player 1 character... If I choose a 2 player game, but only play single player, I have to use the right hand stick to be able to play the player 1 character. Could we alter the config so that the following change is made:

From

case InputType.XArcadeLeft:

if (controlType == ControlType.JoyPort1)

{

joyPorts[0] = "joyport0=kbd4";

joyPorts[1] = "joyport1=kbd5";

}

else

{

joyPorts[0] = "joyport0=mouse1";

joyPorts[1] = "joyport1=kbd4";

}

break;

To

{

joyPorts[0] = "joyport0=kbd5";

}

else

{

}

break;

This way, most of the games will have Player 1 always set to the same stick/same port... The joyport0 will be the one that changes between mouse & stick instead of everything swapping around.

And lastly...

When I run a WHDLoad game and use my Quit shortcut... It does not delete the temp files. I think WHDRun wants a specific key but the Quit is terminating it... Any chance you could put in a delete of the files in Temp when it quits?

Hey Wobbly,

Firstly, I tested Zool from adf (Gamebase) and it worked fine. It does take a while to load.. Nearly 2 mins before getting onto the first stage. I played through the first stage and the second loaded fine. I did not use any trainers though... Oh yeah, it also makes you swap disks before getting to the first level.

Second, You can grab GB Amiga v1.5 DAT files... http://gbamiga.elowar.com/files/@Main/Dat%...es%20(v1.5).zip

Use RomCentre or CLRMamePro to scan your roms and you can make a miss list.

Really is going great so far HeadKaze...

Firstly, I made the changes to the original Gamebase Amiga MDB file... in the Games table... Set the filter on the PlayersSim column so that I had all of the 2 player Simultaneous games. Then on the Control column, replaced the 0 values with 1. This left all of the Mouse and keyboard 2 player games as they should be. Used that MDB file to create new Game lists and it all worked a treat.

Two player games start up with both joysticks. The only issues with this are:

If you use the ADF version of a 2 player game... It will likely have a cracktro and may need the mouse (F12 to get to WinUAE and swap to mouse). No issues though if you have a WHDLoad or SPS version of the game.

Other than that there is another thing with the controls config... If I select X-Arcade Left and play a standard single player game it is fine; the left stick controls the player 1 character... If I choose a 2 player game, but only play single player, I have to use the right hand stick to be able to play the player 1 character. Could we alter the config so that the following change is made:

From

{

joyPorts[0] = "joyport0=kbd4";

joyPorts[1] = "joyport1=kbd5";

}

else

{

}

break;

To

{

joyPorts[0] = "joyport0=kbd5";

}

else

{

}

break;

This way, most of the games will have Player 1 always set to the same stick/same port... The joyport0 will be the one that changes between mouse & stick instead of everything swapping around.

And lastly...

When I run a WHDLoad game and use my Quit shortcut... It does not delete the temp files. I think WHDRun wants a specific key but the Quit is terminating it... Any chance you could put in a delete of the files in Temp when it quits?

What I think I'll do is have a settings called "Override Game Control Setting" or something so you can simply set it to not use the mouse rather than have to edit the entire database. Eventually I will probably have the "Test Game" allow you to edit the Control for each game.

I agree with you on the joysticks being in the wrong ports. I noticed that when I was playing Super Cars II. I'll make that change.

The Temp folder is for storing a games "state" in HWDLoad. It's so you can continue where you left off (I think; there is definately a reason for it to stay there). Not sure if you were aware of that. But I will add an option in there called "Delete Temp Files".

Finally I have a question for you. I was thinking of having a built in single button "Disk Swapper Manager" so you can press one button and it will automatically try inserting each disk one by one (and somehow keep track of everthing). Since the loader knows where each disk in the disk swapper is and how many disk drives are used I think this is possible. But I'm a bit confused how to implement it. What keys do I need to use and what how should I go about it? Any ideas?

Version 1.1 Released

- Mouse is now disabled for simultaneous games.

- Added delete temp files for WHDLoad.

- Two player game ports are now swapped over.

- New "Force Use Mouse" option to turn on mouse for all games.

I think you will like this one DamageCase. I ended up removing all that Control stuff as it's just confusing anyway. Instead I've added mouse specific options for games and a global option to use the mouse if you want. I used that PlayersSim attribute from the database to determine if UseMouse is set to false for each game. I think it makes alot more sense now (to me too)! The only possible issue now is if there is a cracktro that needs the mouse to pass, although Button1 acts as left mouse I think so that should be a non-issue (unless you actually want to set crack options that require mouse movement). I think this is the best we can do as far as automation. And you can still turn on mouse globally or edit the xml files manually to turn the mouse on or off on a per-game basis.

Another thing I'd like your advice on besides the one button "Disk Swapper" is that currently I make a copy of GameBase.uae (for GameBase/SPS games) and WHDLoad.uae (for WHDLoad games) to Temp.uae then launch WinUAE using Temp.uae. The problem I see doing it this way is if you make changes to the config by pressing F12 it will save them to Temp.uae which means no settings stick. If I change it so that it won't use Temp.uae but the GameBase.uae or WHDLoad.uae then you could make global changes by pressing F12 (say you want to stretch the display for example) so it will use those settings next time you run a game. What do you think? Should I leave it the way it is or change it?

Thanks you have been a great help with this project!

headkaze could you add find missing games

i have 2300 of 2560 i have no way of knowing what games i missing

and thats the same for whdload

i dont know how hard this is to do

was just a thought

As DamageCase said you need to use CLRMamePro or ROMCentre along with the GameBase Amiga dat files.

If you think you have a full set and only a few missing, it may be because your missing the "Fills" from http://gbamiga.elowar.com/files/Extras/

Finally I have a question for you. I was thinking of having a built in single button "Disk Swapper Manager" so you can press one button and it will automatically try inserting each disk one by one (and somehow keep track of everthing). Since the loader knows where each disk in the disk swapper is and how many disk drives are used I think this is possible. But I'm a bit confused how to implement it. What keys do I need to use and what how should I go about it? Any ideas?

maybe you could have it so that you could map to any key you like

Hey HeadKaze,

Yeah thats cool... There is a problem with the force mouse setting though... What happens through Gameex? If I set the force mouse then it will be permenantly On until I open the Loader again.

Would it be possible to make an on-the-fly control swapper? You could have all games with the Mouse & X-Arcade Left (or whatever you have configured) and then press a key to swap the controller in port 1 from Mouse to X-Arcade Right...

For the Temp.uae file... I usually modify my .uae files in wordpad/notepad anyway.... But it does seem like using the temp.uae is adding an unneccesary step. In saying that though, how much re-coding would it take for you to just use the specific.uae's? Its working sweet now, why mess with it?

I think it really depends on the userbase... Some people that have never used WinUAE may not want to modify the config. It shouldn't be a big thing to those that know WinUAE because they could open the files directly with WinUAE, make the changes and save.

A one key diskswapper would be a great addition... Maybe using "End" as the mapped key.

From what I remember, WinUAE used End+number to swap disks. But I don't know how you would keep track of things when dealing with multiple disks and multiple drives. I think maybe if you just used 1 drive (DF0) it would make things easier.

A lot of the large multi disk games have been WHDLoaded so there shouldn't be a need to track more than 4 disks.

A lot of the 3-4 disk games would support 4 drives anyway so they could all be inserted.

It would be very handy for the games that only support one drive... I have come accross a few already (2 disk games like ATR & Zool).

Has anyone else found many games where you need to swap disks (specifically where the game wants to use DF0)?

A few other maps I would suggest:

Taking into account that we are a CAB community, we would likely be using P1 & 2 start buttons and Coin buttons... I am thinking of these from using my control panel which is based on minipac but I have programmed the keys to match X-Arcade.

1 - Usually P1 Start - Map to Pause Break - Will Pause emulation

2 - Usually P2 Start - Map to F11 - Set as key to quit the Loader

5 - Usually P1 Coin - Set as End - (Only if the Diskswapper becomes active)

6 - Usually P2 Coin - Set as PgUp or Pg Dn (I dont remember which is free in WinUAE) - (Only if the Hot Swap Control becomes active)

L Ctrl - P1 Button 1 - As in Current Map

L Alt - P1 Button 2 - As in Current Map

Space - P1 Button 3 - As in Current Map

LShift - P1 Button 1 Autofire

Z - P1 Button 2 Autofire

X - P1 Button 3 Autofire

Yeah 4924 Games...As if that wasnt enough, that is only what is currently available in GB Amiga ;)

A good place to find any other info on Amiga games is http://hol.abime.net/

1.1 question

on the input tab you have

force mouse

input

i have force mouse ticked

input = b

now i have no way of telling what i have player 2 keys set at

i think

it would be better to say

player 1 input

player 2 input

force mouse player 2

or something like that

what do you think ?

edit

on-the-fly control swapper would be better

that's what i had on my real amiga

i would just flick a switch between mouse and joystick 2

worked fine for 7 years :)

maybe you could have it so that you could map to any key you like

Yes I will make any key available to map to the "one button disk swapper" feature, but there is more to it than that.

In WinUAE Amiga the following keys are used for the Disk Swapper

END + 1 - 0 = Insert image from Swapper Slot 1 to 10

END + SHIFT + 1 - 0 = Insert image from Swapper Slot 11 to 20

END + CTRL + 1 - 4 = Select Drive 1 to 4

END + F1 - F4 = Insert disk in DF0 to DF3

END + SHIFT + F1 - F4 = Eject disk from DF0 to DF3

So now I have to manage all those keys so one key will work. Pretty confusing especially when I don't even know a good multi disk game I can test with. So it would help if we can get a list of multiple disk games as well. I will need a game that has multiple disks but can only use one disk drive. And I also need a game that has mutiple disks but supports more than one drive.

Okay it seems you guys have made posts while I was writing this...

DamageCase: Why have the Force Mouse settings anyway? that is only for people who don't want to play simultaneous games. I don't actually see a reason to use that setting. If there is a shortcut to swap the mouse out with the X-Arcade I can assign it to a key. But if you have to press F12 and change the settings in there that is pretty much impossible to assign to a key.

wobbly: Keyboard B means Keyboard C is player 2. Good idea though, I should make it possible to use any two controls together.

Why are people using the "Force Mouse" setting? I don't see the purpose of that? It just means it will use the mouse for simultaneous games. It will use a mouse for games that are only 1 player or multiple player non-simultaneous.

now i have no way of telling what i have player 2 keys set at

i think

it would be better to say

player 1 input

player 2 input

force mouse player 2

or something like that

what do you think ?

edit

on-the-fly control swapper would be better

that's what i had on my real amiga

i would just flick a switch between mouse and joystick 2

worked fine for 7 years :)

I'm not sure on-the-fly control swapping would be possible unless there is a shortcut to do it already in WinUAE.

Version 1.2 now allows you to specify what controls are for port0 and port1. If you place the Mouse in port0 then it will always be the mouse there. On the other hand if you have XArcadeRight in port0 and XArcadeLeft in port1 then it will still place Mouse in port0 for games that are not simultaneous multiplayer.

Hey HK, I haven't been using the force mouse setting but I just saw that as a possible issue... IF I was to turn the option on... It is there until I go back to the loader to turn it off. It probably isn't even necessary to have a Force option...

There are some games that have the "PlayersSim" attribute but also have the control set as mouse ( 5)... ie the Lemmings games

Could you also use that in your filter? Ie... Set UseMouse is false when PlayersSim=true AND Control=0 or 1

If Control=5 or 8... The mouse needs to be available...

Lemmings now needs the user to F12 and swap over because it is using 2 joysticks (instead of the possible 2 mice)

Driveswapper: I personally think that just using DF0 is the best way around this... Have a single key that cycles between the disks in the diskswapper list and always inserts to DF0.Otherwise theres like 80 different possibilities (disk 1 in DF0, DF1..... Disk 2 in DF0,DF3 etc)

Would it also be possible to bring up an overlay on screen for a few seconds to say that "Name_Disk1.adf has been inserted"

Also, would you be able to cycle through only the available driveswapper entries? Ie instead of all 20 driveswapper fields, just the ones that are populated for this game.

Temp files... It seems like it will cause a lot of wasted space if ALL WHDLoad games were to store their files there... WinUAE SaveStates would be a lot better and the user would choose which games they were saving (like adventure, rts etc)... Simple platformers wouldnt usually need files to be saved (except high scores)... But the savestate would benefit those games as well

I guess it depends on the user though - I'll just leave the delete temp files on :)

Version 1.2 now allows you to specify what controls are for port0 and port1. If you place the Mouse in port0 then it will always be the mouse there. On the other hand if you have XArcadeLeft in port0 and XArcadeRight in port1 then it will still place Mouse in port0 for games that are not simultaneous multiplayer.

Thats definitely more user friendly :)

Hey HK, I haven't been using the force mouse setting but I just saw that as a possible issue... IF I was to turn the option on... It is there until I go back to the loader to turn it off. It probably isn't even necessary to have a Force option...

There are some games that have the "PlayersSim" attribute but also have the control set as mouse ( 5)... ie the Lemmings games

Could you also use that in your filter? Ie... Set UseMouse is false when PlayersSim=true AND Control=0 or 1

If Control=5 or 8... The mouse needs to be available...

Lemmings now needs the user to F12 and swap over because it is using 2 joysticks (instead of the possible 2 mice)

Driveswapper: I personally think that just using DF0 is the best way around this... Have a single key that cycles between the disks in the diskswapper list and always inserts to DF0.Otherwise theres like 80 different possibilities (disk 1 in DF0, DF1..... Disk 2 in DF0,DF3 etc)

Would it also be possible to bring up an overlay on screen for a few seconds to say that "Name_Disk1.adf has been inserted"

Also, would you be able to cycle through only the available driveswapper entries? Ie instead of all 20 driveswapper fields, just the ones that are populated for this game.

Temp files... It seems like it will cause a lot of wasted space if ALL WHDLoad games were to store their files there... WinUAE SaveStates would be a lot better and the user would choose which games they were saving (like adventure, rts etc)

I guess it depends on the user though - I'll just leave the delete temp files on :)

Thats definitely more user friendly :)

Okay just uploaded Version 1.21.

I have added the logic

bool UseMouse = true;

if (PlayersSim == true && (Control == 0 || Control == 1))
UseMouse = false;

So can you test that works the way it should now?

I like your idea about only using df0: for the disk swapper. I also already know how many games are in the swapper so it should be easy to manage that.

So does that mean if I have, for example, a 4 disk game in swapper slots 1 to 4

Pressing the "swapper key" would

Press END + 1, END + 2, END + 3, END + 4 then loop back to END + 1... Is that all I would need to do?

Do I need to select Drive 1 first or is DF0: the default selected drive?

Yeah bro... I just tested diskswap on a few games... (where only DF0 is enabled - ATR... and where all 4 drives are enabled - Monkey Island 2).

You just need to press End+number and the disk is always inserted into DF0.

I'm just downloading V1.21 to test that out :)

I also found something interesting on a WinUAE beta forum. Posted by Toni Wilen so is a guaranteed source... The new 1.4.6 may have a smart Mouse/joystik detection for port 1...

Joystick/mouse autoselection, input compatibility mode: Press any unselected joystick´s button 0 to "insert" it in Amiga port 1 (joystick port) and button 1 to "insert" it in port 0 (mouse port). Same with any unselected mouse except left mouse button = port 0 (mouse port) and right mouse button = port 1 (joystick port).

joystick/mouse autoselection, input configuration mode, differences compared to compatibility mode:

because you can have mappings to multiple ports, device´s first port related mapping in input-panel is decided as the only port number when doing remappings. When switching, only mappings that have same port number are remapped to new port. Old mappings that already have new port number will be remapped to old port number. Other mappings are not changed.

all other devices that are mapped to same port as new device will be disabled

only devices that are disabled (checkbox on right side of device name is not ticked) are available for autoselection

mouse switching is disabled if there are any "supermouse" mice enabled (Windows mouse etc..) because it would cause total confusion. Rawmouse or catweasel mouse are "safe".

I might download and test

Okay added the single key disk swapper. So it works basically how you would imagine, a key is assigned to be the Disk Swapper (default 'p') and when you press it it will insert disk 2, then if you press it again it will insert disk 3 .. and so on up to the number of disks the game has. So if it has 4 disks it will go 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4, 1... etc. Works fine for me here, so let me know if there are any problems.

That Joystick/mouse auto selection sounds like it could be handy :)

hello is it possible to add filters to winuaeloader as a global setting so you can enable eg open-gl

also

correct aspect ratio

centering

Yes, what you need to do is get WinUAELoader\Data\GameBase.uae and WinUAELoader\Data\WHDLoad.uae and place them in your WinUAE\Configurations folder. Then just load them using WinUAE, make your changes then copy them back into WinUAELoader\Data\

Does "convert screenshots" work?

I have set the paths correctly, but it doesn't do anything! :(

Yes it does work but there are two things to note

A. You must be using the Screenshot pack from here

B. They must remain inside their folders from the archive

I just realised you need the "GameBase Amiga.mdb" file for this also. I'll look into fixing this.

ok just to let people know that the GameBase Amiga - Screenshots (Complete v1.5).zip from the amigagamebase site are boxscans not Screenshots can anyone verfily this ?

would just save me downloading it again if so

ok just to let people know that the GameBase Amiga - Screenshots (Complete v1.5).zip from the amigagamebase site are boxscans not Screenshots can anyone verfily this ?

would just save me downloading it again if so

They are screenshots, you must have downloaded the wrong file (GameBase Amiga - Boxscans (Complete v1.5).zip)