All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] WinUAE Loader v1.78

headkaze

I did a clean install of winuaeloader 1.76, but the WHDLoad.uae is missing the hard drive entries. If someone can just remind me what it should have please. I set DH0 to the whd folder, but it won't add the whdload game I select. Dunno what's really going on.

headkaze what version of net framework does winuaeloader need to run? .. i have a friend that is trying to set-up winuaeloader he has no internet .. and get some framework run time problems

what should he install to get winuaeloader working thank you

ps could not find any info on your website about this

I found winuaeloader v1.51 and this works. When I use v1.76, workbench brings up a message saying "insert volume dh1 in any drive".

what game are you trying to run? how are you trying to run it /

headkaze what version of net framework does winuaeloader need to run? .. i have a friend that is trying to set-up winuaeloader he has no internet .. and get some framework run time problems

what should he install to get winuaeloader working thank you

ps could not find any info on your website about this

BUMPED

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm using WinUAE Loader v1.76 and I've almost got it all working perfectly. :blink:

If I leave the Overwrite Configs option ticked in WinUAE Loader, the WHD games load fine, but there are a few WinUAE options that I want to enable that are not available through the WinUAE Loader client.

However, if I alter the "WHDLoad.uae" config manually to add the additional options (e.g. gfx_fullscreen_amiga=fullwindow, etc) and untick the Overwrite Configs option (to stop my settings being wiped), it appears the whole WHD loading fails. :huh:

How can I tweak the UAE settings/config I want to use for all WHDLoad games without breaking how WinUAE Loader/WHDLoad can work correctly?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I've got the SPS and WHDLoad sets working smoothly in GameEx with your great program, Headkaze. I also have 2711 out of 4953 games working in the Gamebase set, via the "Run ROM" feature, but only directly in WinUAE Loader. (Let's ignore why they don't all show up for a moment, even though I'm using a complete V1.6 Gamebase ROMset.)

The trouble I am having now is that I can't get the Gamebase set to run via GameEx and WinUAE Loader. The window opens, it says it is going to run the game, and then flash, the GameEx screen returns.

Any suggestions? I have double checked that the paths are correct in GameEx. I don't understand because it is working fine in WinUAE Loader.

(I do have the Gamebase set working quite nicely in the direct usage (not via WinUAE Loader) in GameEx quite nicely, so I know it should work.

What exactly is the difference / benefit between running the Amiga Gamebase in GameEx with or without WInUAE Loader?

Thanks!

• 2 years later...