All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] CPWizard v2.35

headkaze

Well, that would be great, then I shall wait before creating that 300 layouts!

Speaking of my control panel, I don't have a cabinet at the moment: my home is not enough big to accomodate such a piece of furniture, eheh. BUT. Since in the future (don't ask me how far) I hope to live in a more spacious environment, I started building myself the control panel :lol: It took me some time, but I'm satisfied with my work, surely I'll post something in the Cabinet's running gameex discussion, even if it still lacks the cabinet :P

Well, that would be great, then I shall wait before creating that 300 layouts!

Speaking of my control panel, I don't have a cabinet at the moment: my home is not enough big to accomodate such a piece of furniture, eheh. BUT. Since in the future (don't ask me how far) I hope to live in a more spacious environment, I started building myself the control panel :lol: It took me some time, but I'm satisfied with my work, surely I'll post something in the Cabinet's running gameex discussion, even if it still lacks the cabinet :P

I looked around, and found this:

http://www.computing.net/programming/wwwbo...orum/14608.html

It shows how to automatically create the three hundred files you need with the correct filenames, Let me know if you try it, or maybe one of the Guru's could take a look, and tell us what they think.

I looked around, and found this:

http://www.computing.net/programming/wwwbo...orum/14608.html

It shows how to automatically create the three hundred files you need with the correct filenames, Let me know if you try it, or maybe one of the Guru's could take a look, and tell us what they think.

I tried this batch file, and it made all of the new files, but kept the .zip extension, if I open the files with notepad, they are correct.....any ideas?

::------CODE-----

@echo off

md c:\tmp

dir /b "c:\Roms" >>filelist.txt

for /f %%i in (filelist.txt) do (

copy "c:\Text\readme.txt" "c:\tmp\%%i"

)

del filelist.txt

Headkaze it would be really cool if you could add something in Cpwizard, I'm looking forward for the next release to come out, eheh. I (and surely a lot of other people) appreciate a lot your work on such a good piece of software :P

Tempest that batch file is really interesting, but I couldn't make it work.. I mean, if I simply copy the lines you pasted, change my folders accordingly and run the bat it works smoothly, but if I exchange the filelist.txt file with my txt file created with romlist (it's absolutely equal to the filelist created by the batch, it only lacks the zip extension) there's no way it will rename my file, it only lists the same directory or drive error.

Well, I think I'll have to wait for another Cpwizard release :lol:

Headkaze it would be really cool if you could add something in Cpwizard, I'm looking forward for the next release to come out, eheh. I (and surely a lot of other people) appreciate a lot your work on such a good piece of software :P

Tempest that batch file is really interesting, but I couldn't make it work.. I mean, if I simply copy the lines you pasted, change my folders accordingly and run the bat it works smoothly, but if I exchange the filelist.txt file with my txt file created with romlist (it's absolutely equal to the filelist created by the batch, it only lacks the zip extension) there's no way it will rename my file, it only lists the same directory or drive error.

Well, I think I'll have to wait for another Cpwizard release :lol:

I Got It!

@echo off

md c:\tmp

dir /b "c:\Roms" >>filelist.txt

for /f %%i in (filelist.txt) do (

copy "c:\Test\mylayout.lay" "c:\tmp\%%~ni .lay"

)

del filelist.txt

This will make make a new directory C:tmp

Read all of the filenames in C:Roms

For each Rom, make a copy of C:Test\mylayout.lay, and rename it the same as the rom, keeping the .lay extension

So if your roms were already sorted, this would do the trick.

However,

I'm guessing this isn't exactly what you are looking for, and I'm not sure what the file list that Romlister generates looks like, but If its a text file, maybe this batch file could be modified to work with it.

If nobody else wants to dink with it, I can play again on Wednesday........

Filenamer.7z

Woah, Tempest, thanks to your batch I could rename all of my layouts, uhuh

Let me explain

With romlister I created a batch in order to copy all of the 3 players and 4 players roms in a temporary directory, than after tweaking a bit your batchfile I could create all of the layouts. :lol: This saved me really a lot of time!

But..

Now I have another question :rolleyes: I think you're going to hate me at this point :P

I now have all of my 3p and 4p layouts with the same names of their corresponding roms in the layout\mame folder (the one designated as the overrides folder by default) but well, the only layout which is always showing is the default mame one. Am I missing some option? :huh:

Woah, Tempest, thanks to your batch I could rename all of my layouts, uhuh

Let me explain

With romlister I created a batch in order to copy all of the 3 players and 4 players roms in a temporary directory, than after tweaking a bit your batchfile I could create all of the layouts. :lol: This saved me really a lot of time!

But..

Now I have another question :rolleyes: I think you're going to hate me at this point :P

I now have all of my 3p and 4p layouts with the same names of their corresponding roms in the layout\mame folder (the one designated as the overrides folder by default) but well, the only layout which is always showing is the default mame one. Am I missing some option? :huh:

I played with Romlister today this is even easier:

Use the output type "batch file"

Enter this in the Batch window, adjusting for paths. I would assume that the output directory should already exist.

copy "c:\test\mylayout.xml"  "c:\tmp\%ROM%.xml"

execute batch file.

I think you are doing the right thing regarding the layout overides, but I have to go to work, and I will mess around with that this afternoon. And no, I don't hate you, your the only one left here who will take my advice. :blink:;)

http://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister/

copy "c:\test\mylayout.xml"  "c:\tmp\%ROM%.xml"

execute batch file.

I think you are doing the right thing regarding the layout overides, but I have to go to work, and I will mess around with that this afternoon. And no, I don't hate you, your the only one left here who will take my advice. :blink:;)

First off, I made a change in the code box, I had .lay as the extension, and it should be .xml....

Barcio,

Either I don't know how to use overides either, or it doesn't work, because I tried all kinds of things with no luck.

I'll send HK a message and see if he can straighten us out!

• 2 weeks later...

Headkaze,

It looks like I was mistaken when I said that I had got around the problem of mousecodes not displaying correctly. I did not try changing the player 3 controls, because the last time we talked I think we agreed that it would not fix this problem. Actually I'm almost certain that they were displaying correctly at one time....

I have zipped everything that I thought you would need to check this out. I don't expect a fix right away, but could you let me know if I'm doing something wrong, or if its a bug?

Thanks!

Tempest_CPW.zip

Okay I was close Tempest, this time I took your files and did some testing. Removing the following lines from default.cfg fixed the Left and Up labels not showing for Cetipede.

<port type="P1_TRACKBALL_X">
<newseq type="standard">
MOUSECODE_1_XAXIS
</newseq>
<newseq type="decrement">
NONE
</newseq>
<newseq type="increment">
NONE
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P1_TRACKBALL_Y">
<newseq type="standard">
MOUSECODE_1_YAXIS
</newseq>
<newseq type="decrement">
NONE
</newseq>
<newseq type="increment">
NONE
</newseq>
</port>

If you take a look at these entries in Data\std.ini you will see what is happening. std.ini is the file that defines all the default key mappings in Mame. If you reconfigure one the defaults are ignored.

P1_TRACKBALL_X				"MOUSECODE_1_LEFT|JOYCODE_1_LEFT|KEYCODE_LEFT|JOYCODE_1_LEFT_LEFT_SWITCH"
P1_TRACKBALL_X_EXT "MOUSECODE_1_RIGHT|JOYCODE_1_RIGHT|KEYCODE_RIGHT|JOYCODE_1_RIGHT_RIGHT_SWITCH"
P1_TRACKBALL_Y "MOUSECODE_1_UP|JOYCODE_1_UP|KEYCODE_UP|JOYCODE_1_UP_UP_SWITCH"
P1_TRACKBALL_Y_EXT "MOUSECODE_1_DOWN|JOYCODE_1_DOWN|KEYCODE_DOWN|JOYCODE_1_DOWN_DOWN_SWITCH"

Unfortunately CPWizard isn't as smart as Mame is about mapping things. Mame has a very complex input mapping system that I don't even fully understand. ControlsDat splits trackball codes up adding _EXT so they can be separated for Left/Right and Up/Down. So they are actually made up codes. Since you redefine P1_TRACKBALL_X and P1_TRACKBALL_Y it loses those two defaults mapped to MOUSECODE_1_LEFT and MOUSECODE_1_UP. That is why Left and Up doesn't show in Centipede.

Not sure if you need those entries in default.cfg for your trackball to work in Mame but that is what is causing the problem here.

HK,

Well, with your help, and Patience, I got everything straightened out. I deleted everything in the default.cfg that had to do with my spinner, and trackball, and the CP's display correctly, and the controls still work!

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

CPWizard v1.7 Released

- Improved input mapping

- Enhanced preview window

- Changed keywords to Layout Maps and added Constants, NumPlayers and Alternating options

- Fixed moving objects with cursor keys

- -exitmenu option added

- Player Codes added for alpha fading joysticks and start and coin buttons

NOTE: If your using the old "keywords" feature you will have to create them again using the new Layout Maps. It works pretty much the same but allows for more complex layout loading rules.

HI HK :)

Thanks for your cpwizard improvement

I have tried "12-4-08 - v1.72 Viewer will now work without minimizing" and "v1.74", it works fine but not with "2screen games". when return to game, it is minimized and I go with alt-tab

i know that it is an old problem but I wanted to communicate this with the hope of something new :P

HI HK :)

Thanks for your cpwizard improvement

I have tried "12-4-08 - v1.72 Viewer will now work without minimizing" and "v1.74", it works fine but not with "2screen games". when return to game, it is minimized and I go with alt-tab

i know that it is an old problem but I wanted to communicate this with the hope of something new :P

Can you give me more details? What 2screen game does it have this problem with? How do I set the game up to run in 2screen mode? I've never done it but I do have two screens on my dev machine so I should be able to fix that.

The problems are with all games to 2 screens, I use punchout and superpunchout

Try this:

Videocard control panel:

Extend the desktop with the second monitor (TV or normal monitor)

Mame options for specific game :

Screen

Number of Screens = 2

Go to the "screen" bar and configure the 2 monitors all the same way (640x480, refresh=auto, switch resolution to fit=on)

Launch game